Goodbye Jesus

Disappointed with Krueger and Gastrich

Asimov

I've been following the Krueger/Gastrich debate since it began. I have to say, I was pretty excited at the though of reading this debate. I enjoy Krueger's stuff, and Gastrich is a howl, however, I'm pretty disappointed with the way things are going in this particular debate that is occuring on IIDB.

I'm sure Krueger is trying his best in this, because Gastrich brings up the STUPIDEST evidences, but honestly, Biblical Innerancy? Please. Even if Gastrich harmonized the entire bible with his insane explanations, that's all it is; a harmonization. It doesn't mean the bible is innerant, it only means you can explain away apparent inconsistencies, which depend upon the interpretation of the text.

Prophecies? Please. Messianistic prophecies are the stupidest prophecies, because Jason can't prove that the NT writers weren't just going back and fudging the story to fit what was in the OT. If Jason accepts that you can use the bible to prove the bible, then obviously we can use the Iliad to prove the Iliad. Oedipus? Yea, clearly a prophecy fulfilled.

Anecdotes? Honestly, I don't even know why Jason brings this up. This is a fucking debate, you need to PROVIDE EVIDENCE, you moron fuck!

So....what are we left with? Nothing! And yet Krueger insists on trying to point out flaws in the bible, as if that's relevant at all.

He's left arguing Apologetics, rather than actually arguing Theology. I will admit that Gastrich glosses over the definition of God parts, and chooses to stick irrelevantly to an argument from numbers "90% of people in the world believe in God!" Of course, no evidence is given for that either.

He's left arguing Apologetics, rather than actually arguing Theology.  I will admit that Gastrich glosses over the definition of God parts, and chooses to stick irrelevantly to an argument from numbers "90% of people in the world believe in God!"  Of course, no evidence is given for that either.

Unfortunately fudgin data and facts is common practice with believers of any faith. If they can believe in a faulty book, then they can believe in what facts they invent.

90%, nope, not true.

From the top 50 countries, along with those additionally mentioned above countries, the grand total worldwide number of atheists, agnostics, and non-believers in God is somewhere between 504,962,830 and 749,247,571. These minimum/maximum numbers are conservative estimates; had I factored in a mere .25% of such highly populated countries as Egypt, Brazil, Indonesia, Nigeria, Burma, Tanzania, and Iran, as non-believers in God, estimates would be significantly larger. Also, these numbers are only for non-believers of God, specifically. Had I included all “non-religious” people in general, the numbers would nearly double.

Given the above estimates, we can deduce that there are approximately 58 times as many atheists as there are Mormons, 41 times as many atheists as there are Jews, 35 times as many atheists as there are Sikhs, and twice as many atheists as there are Buddhists. Finally, nonbelievers in God as a group come in fourth place after Christianity (2 billion), Islam (1.2 billion), and Hinduism (900 million) in terms of global ranking of commonly-held belief systems.

http://www.pitzer.edu/academics/faculty/zu...an/atheism.html