Goodbye Jesus

Announcing: "release And Reclaim" Retreat Nov 2-4 In San Francisco

Guest ryanrain

Guest ryanrain

LEAVING YOUR RELIGION?

It's not the end of the world.

Join us at a recovery retreat.

"RELEASE AND RECLAIM"

A workshop for letting go of religious indoctrination and reclaiming your life.

Led by Marlene Winell, Ph.D., psychologist and author of Leaving the Fold, A Guide for Former Fundamentalists and Others Leaving Their Religion

WHEN: FRIDAY, Nov 2, 7PM until SUNDAY, Nov 4, 3PM.

WHERE: The YMCA Point Bonita Conference Center, 10 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, CA http://www.pointbonitaymca.org/

COST: $320 for the workshop, $135 for room and board A deposit of $100 will secure a space. $20 discount for payment by Oct. 10. $20 REBATE for written exercises completed before the workshop.

Authoritarian religious training can seriously impact your ability to live a full life. Recovery involves reclaiming your right to your own thoughts and feelings. But it's not easy and leaving one's faith often creates intense feelings of confusion, grief, anxiety, and anger. Moving on can be difficult if the issues are not clear and you feel alone in the struggle.

This workshop is designed to support you in this process of healing and growth. The weekend is a powerful group experience of sharing personal history, examining key issues, healing activities, and exploring new liberating concepts. We'll use dance, art, role-play, guided imagery as needed. . .and we'll have fun too.

To register, send an email to recoveryfromreligion@gmail.com with your contact information, or call 510-292-0509 Register soon to save a place. Financial need will be considered.

For more information, including info from past workshops, visit Dr. Winell's website: www.marlenewinell.net or

About Dr. Winell: Marlene Winell is a psychologist and Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies. She has worked in human services for 30 years and has private practice in Berkeley, CA. She specializes in group work, communications training for couples, and recovery from religious indoctrination. She also consults by telephone.

I'm on her mailing list and got those notices, too. I wish I lived near enough, or was rich enough to make the trip, to attend. As it is, I make do with this type of forum.