Goodbye Jesus

Hello I Am Eric

Guest eric

hi my name is Eric. i am 13 and i am atheist. i do not like Christians because they are evil. in my life mainly Christians have made my life miserable in short term by lying not letting me participate in some activities and teasing me and the worst thing is they were adults and teachers because i dont believe in there god so now i have to pretend to be a christian at school so i will not be ridiculed i am looking forward to getting to know everybody

eric

hi my name is Eric. i am 13 and i am atheist. i do not like Christians because they are evil. in my life mainly Christians have made my life miserable in short term by lying not letting me participate in some activities and teasing me and the worst thing is they were adults and teachers because i dont believe in there god so now i have to pretend to be a christian at school so i will not be ridiculed i am looking forward to getting to know everybody

eric

Eric, welcome. Saying Christians are "evil" is pretty broad and totally inaccurate imo. I have lots of folks in my family that are xtian, but they most certainly are not "evil".

delusional, mislead, brainwashed, scared.. these fit better. Evil implies there is a such thing as sin. I personally feel sin is just a concept. We use a moral code in life, like not stealing or murdering etc etc, but in reality in it's rawest form, evil does not exist. It is simply our explaination of anti-social activity. Hatred, ignorance and anger cause people to do things that have a negative effect on society, but that is all it is, unacceptable behavior by society. Evil, like the devil, is a fairy tale.

I am sure most will welcome you as well, I am new here to *posting* but I have been reading this site for a few weeks before posting. I suggest you read threads here and get a feel for the apmosphere, it might help you understand the crowd here better.

Good luck to you. You sound like a atheist from the start, as opposed to an ex-xtian. That's cool, I am borderline atheist but FULL BLOWN anti-xtian. I don't *hate* them but I am EXTRREMELY annoyed by them.

Morality and doing things you feel are right should not be a sideways attempt to "buy" a seat in a mythical heaven, I feel being a good person and "doing to others as you would have them do to you" is NOT a xtian belief, it is BASIC common sense. I try to do what I feel is right based on my desire to see our world become a better place, and that's it. NOT having a religion is NOT a license to hate and run rampent. All it means is that you have a brain in your head and you are not duped by bullshit, and that's about the extent of it. Believing in evil and sin is about as dilusional as being an xtian... ;)

Welcome!

Mike

Welcome to Ex-C Eric!!!!! Nice to have you here! :woohoo:

Welcome, Eric!

It's a sad and terrible thing to have to pretend to be a xian to avoid sanctions from the adults and teachers at the school. That's not supposed to be legal (at least if you're in a public school), and it is an outrage to ban you from activities on the basis of your non-belief, but it happens none the less.

Hopefully "god's army" will not be so overt by the time you get to high school (I assume you're in junior high or middle school). In the mean time, under circumstances such as this, a person can usually escape any ridicule by just being a student (as opposed to being known as an atheist or as a xian).

For a comparison, while most people where I work probably would not be surprised to find out that I don't believe in god, (or maybe they would, mistaking my good nature for being xian), they really don't think of me in those terms, but rather just as a co-worker.

Michael said:

Eric, welcome. Saying Christians are "evil" is pretty broad and totally inaccurate imo. I have lots of folks in my family that are xtian, but they most certainly are not "evil".

Michael, I assume you mean well but you're an adult among adults. If you were a thirteen-year-old at the mercy of adults ridiculing you and depriving you of your rightful priviledges because you refuse to compromise your convictions and buy into their belief system, wouldn't you pretty much conclude that "evil" accurately describes them? I think the word "evil" has more than one meaning and what you describe is only one of its meanings. Come to think of it, over in my thread about family, you fumed about the superiority of your sister-in-law who won't let her kids near you and won't sit beside you. Imagine yourself the thirteen-year-old and all your teachers treating you like that and none of your classmates wanting to talk with you or sit near you. EVERY SINGLE DAY--not just for family gatherings a few times a year. I say that is evil incarnate.

ShackledNoMore, about whether or not one has to be open about one's position on the "god question." Most of the time I don't think it matters but there are situations in which it does. I ride the city bus with hundreds of people who probably think I am religious because of the way I dress and that doesn't bother me. However, recently I had a seat-mate with whom I felt a need to be clear. Most people on the city bus don't talk to strangers but he did. He wanted to know what I was studying. I am studying theology.

Anybody who hears that, authomatically thinks I am religious. Most of the time it doesn't really matter, but he seemed like the type of person who would keep talking either until I tripped up and proved that I wasn't religious (in which case it would seem like I had intentionally lied by ommision), or lied and agreed with him that Jesus was wonderful. I agree with a lot of things Jesus teaches but I disagree that we are saved by believing in Jesus. And Eric, if this is what you have to do in order to be treated right by your teachers--I think this is what Richard Dawkins means when he says religion is child abuse. I would say for you to have to pretend to be a Christian in order to get a public school education is nothing short of child abuse. I think Richard Dawkins would agree with this whole-heartedly in God Delusion.

Dawkins is a biology professor in Oxford University in the UK.

Eric, welcome. Saying Christians are "evil" is pretty broad and totally inaccurate imo. I have lots of folks in my family that are xtian, but they most certainly are not "evil

Michael, I assume you mean well but you're an adult among adults. If you were a thirteen-year-old at the mercy of adults ridiculing you and depriving you of your rightful privileges because you refuse to compromise your convictions and buy into their belief system, wouldn't you pretty much conclude that "evil" accurately describes them? I think the word "evil" has more than one meaning and what you describe is only one of its meanings. Come to think of it, over in my thread about family, you fumed about the superiority of your sister-in-law who won't let her kids near you and won't sit beside you. Imagine yourself the thirteen-year-old and all your teachers treating you like that and none of your classmates wanting to talk with you or sit near you. I say that is evil incarnate.".

I never said I didn't *understand* why he feels they are evil, I was merely attempting to explain that they are NOT *all* evil, that they are delusional and mislead. Common sense seems to elude you from time to time. I realize he is a kid, I did NOT speak down to him, or dumb down my speech because he shows extraordinary intelligence to be able to overcome pre-programing and think on his own. My reply was to aid him in not hating other people. Hating does more harm to the hater then the hated.

How about that Eric, morals from a non=christian. :) Does the irony ever end?

Good luck to you.

I never said I didn't *understand* why he feels they are evil, I was merely attempting to explain that they are NOT *all* evil, that they are delusional and mislead. Common sense seems to elude you from time to time. I realize he is a kid, I did NOT speak down to him, or dumb down my speech because he shows extraordinary intelligence to be able to overcome pre-programing and think on his own. My reply was to aid him in not hating other people. Hating does more harm to the hater then the hated.

Sorry, Michael, I am not sure what you are talking about in this post. I did not see the word "hate" anywhere in this thread. Nor did I use it or condone it. I thought we were discussing the definition of the word "evil" as it relates to the behaviour of the adults in Eric's school. I disagree with you that Eric misused the term.

I see in this post you say Christians are not all evil. As long-time posters will know, I have been saying that ever since I'm on these forums. I think we need to take it case by case. And the case Eric describes sounds very seriously negative. Maybe it would help if I mentioned that I have been in conversation with his mother. I cannot divulge confidences but the situation really is very serious.

Sorry, Michael, I am not sure what you are talking about in this post. I did not see the word "hate" anywhere in this thread. Nor did I use it or condone it. I thought we were discussing the definition of the word "evil" as it relates to the behaviour of the adults in Eric's school. I disagree with you that Eric misused the term.

I see in this post you say Christians are not all evil. As long-time posters will know, I have been saying that ever since I'm on these forums. I think we need to take it case by case. And the case Eric describes sounds very seriously negative. Maybe it would help if I mentioned that I have been in conversation with his mother. I cannot divulge confidences but the situation really is very serious.

Yeah when I see the word *evil* I knee-jerk react that *hate* is involved. You are conversing with his mother? Good for you, and good luck. My bad. ;)

Yeah when I see the word *evil* I knee-jerk react that *hate* is involved. You are conversing with his mother? Good for you, and good luck. My bad. ;)

Thanks, Michael, I'm glad we understand each other. :)

i am sorry i had said all christians are evil what i really meant to say was the most of the christians i had encountered in the past year have mearly been mean to me. i would be talking about evolusion and how i believe in it when i was talking to my friends. christian kids would come up an tell me i am going to hell. and i would debate them. the christian kids would ask their parents about stuff i said and so the parents called the school to complain about me. after that the teachers started not letting me participate in activities and called me out of class when we were supposed to be takeing final exams and would not let me make them up. made me go to a psychiatrist and said i was a danger to society and said i would kill somebody.

the reason why i feel hatred toward some of them is because they tortured me for about six months. and i believe mental damage sometimes can do as much as physical damage. i don't hate all christians just the ones who made my life hell. in fact, most of my family is christian, just me and my mom and my two sisters don't believe in god.

Hello Eric.

Hello Eric!

Bear with me a bit as I walk through your post, I hope it will help you, it seems like you are a great guy, and not full of hate and distrust. First of all it is important to understand that most christians are basically brainwashed. They are taugh to accept certain things *early* in life (like singing hyms to an infant) I have an inlaw that "home schools" her kids, and by god they never miss a day when church is open! (several times a week). I look at those kids with pity. They barely have a chance... I am so glad I was not subjected to that, no telling what kind of nonsense would be etched into my mind... The point is, they sometimes, from a psycological point of view, have no power to change. The logic/commonsense area in their brain is just simply not strong enough to "break though" the programming. Do you know what I mean?

i am sorry i had said all christians are evil what i really meant to say was the most of the christians i had encountered in the past year have mearly been mean to me.

There very well may be multiple definitions of evil, but imo *most* people associate that word with hate. It is GOOD from a psycolgical point of view to hate *evil*.

Yes I can imagine they are *mean* to you. Me? I feel ashamed of myself sometimes. I think back to when I was in school (I have a good memory of my deep past unfortunately for me...) and I went along with the crapola, I knew better deep down inside, it just seemed silly to me, the qholw religion thing, so I buried it, tried not to think about it. Well, I had to do the "kneel, sit and stand" catholic crap, and act like I believed it when I didn't...

Like a lil bi**h I gave up what I felt in my heart... I have since forgiven myself, and you should too. It is not your fault, nor was it mine, it was the ignornance of those in a postiion to lead me, it was thier fault in the begining, when I grew enough to think on my own, the blame became all mine then, from that point on. That's when I dumped the lie. Been over 30 years since then, and I have *never* regretted thinking on my own and killing religion inside me.

i would be talking about evolusion and how i believe in it when i was talking to my friends. christian kids would come up an tell me i am going to hell.

Hell is a total lie. I *really* don't want to cross-post, but this guy needs to hear this. Here is something I posted in the Lion's Den Forum:

I hear this "freewill" bullshit all the time. Let's inject some common sense into that concept.

In the USA are you free to shoplift? It is illegal. Therefore you are not *free* to grab an ipod and run. But people do it. What happens to them? They get punished. Oh but punishment is *meant* to reform. That's why they let inmates learn trades. Putting someone in jail is *primarily* to protect the rest of society from anti-social behavior. BUT WE ARE NOT FREE TO SHOPLIFT YET WE CAN.

Same with the hell deal.

You do not have freewill if you *are* going to be punished. You can freely choose to shoplift, but you WILL pay for it. This is NOT freewill it is law-breaking.

So it is the same with xtianty. You are *not* free to sin, there is laws against it (ten commandments, note not ten requests) and there is clear punishment. So no, you are NOT free to sin, it is not freewill.

In humanity, even our strictest laws, like chopping off the hands of a shoplifter, is FAR MORE fair then buring FOR__EVER for something that you did in a split second.

Xtian hell theology makes god out to be worse then hitler. At least his victims eventually died and the torment and horror ended, in your messedup religion you NEVER get out of *jail*.

Imagine the USA sentencing people for life in prision for adultry.... Would you think it fair? It's fairer then being burned endlessly forever. After all, using your logic, the person had freewill, they didn't need to commit adultry, the CHOOSE to do so. Still, a life sentence in a penetentury would be considered EXTREME. What if we could stick them in a pod and maintain life support so they never die and feed them a virtual reality of torment. Oh that's fair right? After all, they made a choice to do it right?

How on the face of this earth can you possibly believe this? If you *do* believe it, you are insulting the god you believe in to the MOST extreme, you are praising something that you *know* is dishing out punishment to people that is blown way out of purpotion. Your insult to god is likened to telling him in your heart that you think he is more henious then hitler. You should be *very* ashamed.

and i would debate them.

I am glad you have courage and common sense! Stand up for yourself, you will be glad you did later in life.

the christian kids would ask their parents about stuff i said and so the parents called the school to complain about me. after that the teachers started not letting me participate in activities and called me out of class when we were supposed to be takeing final exams and would not let me make them up. made me go to a psychiatrist and said i was a danger to society and said i would kill somebody.

This is *REAL* child abuse. On Guard! Don't let it get to you, and fight against it! I am absolutely *ashamed* of humanity, that we could live this long, evolve so much, and still be so primitive! It is noble and most honorable of you to stand against this. :)

the reason why i feel hatred toward some of them is because they tortured me for about six months. and i believe mental damage sometimes can do as much as physical damage. i don't hate all christians just the ones who made my life hell. in fact, most of my family is christian, just me and my mom and my two sisters don't believe in god.

Mental damage can do lifelong damage, physical damage will pass (mostly). Protect yourself! I see you are getting help, rubysara indicated this earlier. USE YOUR SUPPORT system, don't let the xtian community harm you for life. Quite frankly though, you are on a good path already, I think you will suceed no matter what!

Good luck to you, and take care.

thank you for the heart felt message and for understanding. if hell is real every body is going there. because all denominations of christianity think they are right and they are the only ones going to heaven all others are going to hell. i believe this is the flaw in pascle's wager.

Thank you every body for welcoming and understainding what i went thru. i'm glad i have someone besides my mother to talk about it with. Again thank you every body.

Sincerely,

Eric

thank you for the heart felt message and for understanding. if hell is real every body is going there. because all denominations of christianity think they are right and they are the only ones going to heaven all others are going to hell. i believe this is the flaw in pascle's wager.

Wow! Thanks for this gem. I have been unable to come up with any idea on how to deal with the problem of every denomination thinking they are the only right one. But this answer seems like the "Final Solution." I cannot imagine any Christian liking me looking him or her in the eye and calmly saying with conviction that "If hell is real then everybody's going there--including you and your church--because everybody thinks everybody else is going there." Eric, I'm beginning to understand why those adults not only made up lies to silence you but also tortured you into the bargain--they couldn't take it from a kid! Truth is more than they can handle.

Eric, I don't know if this is good advice but I think it is. Hold your tongue until you are in a position where you can actually do something. Don't get yourself killed or brain-damaged before you grow up. See the name of my website in my signature? I'm serious about this stuff. I'm looking at it long term. I'm over fifty. I will soon be old. This won't be completed in my lifetime. I need brilliant young men and women who understand religion, who have a passion to fight it without bombs, and who want to train to carry on the battle after I'm gone. We need brains, not bombs. Take good care of yours, educate it, and don't let anyone damage it.

Psychological or emotional damage IS serious, very serious. You seem like a very strong and bright young man. I hope you get the support here and elsewhere that you need. When we are strong we take away the power of our enemies to damage us. When we understand that it's not us being bad, but it's them being the coward, it's easier taking the blows. But I know from experience that as humans we have limited energy. I am so glad that you have a religion free home where you can relax and recuperate.

Thank you every body for welcoming and understainding what i went thru. i'm glad i have someone besides my mother to talk about it with. Again thank you every body.

Sincerely,

Eric

You are very welcome, Eric. I'm glad to have you here.

Rubysera,

My passion for disproving christianity will only strengthen as i get older. i would be honored to fight against fundamentalists because without them science would be able to further advance and who knows how much more advanced we;d be if they didn't burn and destroy most scientific evidence from the past like the library of Alexandria. Who knows what information was lost forever in that fire.

in my history class we were reading the text book and we skipped the part that said christian empires would go on crusades and burn villages to the ground if they did not convert. the teacher was christian and thought it was a lie so she would not tell the class but it was in my book. i asked questions about it because we skipped it and she just ignored me. i asked questions profusly and she ignored me.

Hello Eric,

I happen to have a little brother your age (I'm 22, by the way), and I wish I could say that he had a mind for himself as much as you seem to be developing. As much as I hate to admit, it really bothers me that he sees me as "scary" because I'm an atheist.

It really sucks being 13 sometimes, because you're just starting to get to the age where you're a teenager - you want to make your own decisions; but everyone else seems to think that they can make your decisions for you. You may just want to go your own way, but sometimes what's different frightens people so much that the only way they know how to respond is kinda like an angry housecat that's been cornered: they react the worse possible way to the least situation.

I'm so sorry they've tormented you, and I don't mean to sound patronizing when I say that if I could, I would reverse time to make sure that no one goes through what we have all been through on this site in some way, shape, or form. The problem is that by trying to make sure it never happens, we never become the strong people that we are.

You're strong Eric, you have to have great internal strength to be able to tell us how you feel; and to recognise injustice in your life and the lives of others. I commend you at your age for your ability to express yourself as you have.

May I suggest that you keep your mom and two sisters close, and to tell them how you feel. I know at 13 mom & dad are not the coolest people in the world, but if you can talk to your mom and sisters about how you feel, and to work out how to best handle it- then I hope it will help you to eventually get over the justified anger you feel. I assure you it's okay to feel the way you do, but please remember that the Christians many times feel the same way about us - and that if we can't get past our own anger and live our own lives, we are no better than them.

So hon, don't waste too many brain cells hating them - when you can use them to refine yourself into a mature, and intelligent gentleman that cannot be seen as someone who would hurt anyone.

I wish you luck, and I'm sorry if this is a bit long and boring.

Welcome to Ex-C, Eric!

Rhia,

it wasn't long and boring it was very informative and i am very sorry that your brother thinks bad of u for your non belief. right now i hate those people but in time i will forgive them afterall it's what theyve benn taught since they were kids. my mom is taphophilia she is on Ex-C. you may know her. I'm blown away that you came to the conclusion of being an atheist on your own because i was very influenced by my mother. i must say my mom didn't make me become an atheist she was happy with me no matter what a lot of it i learned on my own but u lerned it all on your own.

i know you and a lot of the people here have went thru a lot more than i have i had my mom to help me thru it some of you had no one to go thru this with.

Sincerely,

Eric

You are most welcome. Feel free to private message me anytime if there is anything I can help you with.

Take care, and good luck!

:)

i asked questions about it because we skipped it and she just ignored me. i asked questions profusly and she ignored me.

I know what that's like. I was born into a horse and buggy Mennonite community. That's a lot like the Amish. There were a LOT of questions I wasn't allowed to even think, many more I wasn't allowed to ask even though I thought them, and of the ones I dared ask, I pared them back as far as I possibly could. Even then I was ridiculed and scolded by my mother and everybody else for asking stupid questions or asking too many questions. Our people believed that education beyond Grade 8 was evil so when I wanted a university education when I was 40, I had to leave my people. I didn't know any atheists so I went to a Mennonite church where people had cars, watched TV, and dressed like the rest of the world. I was told at that church, "Here you are allowed to ask questions."

I was taken aback but decided to see exactly what they meant by it. Didn't take long to see that they didn't really mean it. They hadn't meant for me to ask any "real" questions such as what changed when Jesus died that made it possible for us to get to heaven. That's the question that had bugged me since I was a child but I had not been allowed ever to ask it. Now I was allowed to ask it but I was not allowed to get an answer. The pastor finally told me he would preach on it in July. That seemed so unfair because it was only April and I had already waited thirty years; if he knew the answer why couldn't he let me have a preview? But I didn't know how to ask and he didn't offer. The female deaon told me at one point, "We believe that Jesus is the way. That is how we believe here." I was not allowed to know HOW it worked.

There was a missionary family in that congregation who dragged their kids all the way to Nepal and had to move every few months to other countries because the government didn't want them. I felt so sorry for the kids that they couldn't make any friends anywhere. But the parents made such a big fuss about what they were doing. It seemed like they thought they were doing something really sacred so I assumed they really understood this stuff, at least the man who did the preaching. So while they were home I really pressed him for an answer and he sort of just put me off. I didn't understand this--if they put their lives on hold and jeopardized the childhoods of their kids, didn't they at least know what they were doing it for???

Apparently not. And when July came, the pastor did NOT answer my question. All he did was preach on four different atonement theories, none of which actually addressed my question. By now I am quite sure that it was a charismatic fundamentalist church. At the time all I knew was the many different kinds of Mennonite churches and they were the most liberal to be found.

Back to your questions that Christians won't even acknowledge. You might have to do what I did--store your questions away in your head, then research them on your own time. You have the internet at your disposal, and probably fair-sized school and public libraries. I did not even have access to a public library, and the internet did not exist. Nor did we have TV or radio. It may be that the teachers would risk their jobs if they would teach that kind of history in your specific school. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with the law that this school gets away with this kind of behaviour but since this is your situation you have to find a way of not only suriving but thriving.

That's why I say: Don't get yourself killed or brain-damaged before you grow up.

It seems these people hate you with a vengeance and that they won't hesitate to use violence. Your peers may be a little bit young to actually do any serious harm at this point, but give them another few years and you might be in real danger. Use this window of time to establish a reputation for yourself as a non-threatening loner, or everybody's friend, or whatever is your nature. Just don't be or do anything that could be interpreted as a social threat in anyway. You already have a pscyhiatrist saying you are a threat to society. Live in such a way that everybody thinks you out-grew whatever it was you had in your system at the time--even if you had "nothing in your system."

Sometimes there is no other way than to allow people to have their crazy ideas about us--they literally cannot understand what is so obvious to us. The best we can do is make sure that the crazy ideas they have don't make life too dangerous for us. Keeping our real thoughts tightly sealed inside our own brains is often an extremely good idea. Using screen names and not posting identifiable details (such as names of places where we live, work, study, travel, etc.) are ways to be safe when we express our real thoughts on the internet.

My guess is that you are so far ahead of your peers that even if your teacher would have answered your questions, your classmates would not have understood or remembered the information, so don't feel obligated to them. Biting your tongue like this is not the way a childhood should have to be lived but some of us have no choice. I survived and so will you. One thing you have that I didn't is a very understanding mother.

hi my name is Eric. i am 13 and i am atheist. i do not like Christians because they are evil.

"evil" might not be the best word, but I understand what you mean. Yes, fuck, they are - at least the fanatic morontheist kind (have to admit those christians I know in real life are quite decent people... but then, they are lukewarm :) ).

in my life mainly Christians have made my life miserable in short term by lying not letting me participate in some activities and teasing me and the worst thing is they were adults and teachers because i dont believe in there god so now i have to pretend to be a christian at school so i will not be ridiculed i am looking forward to getting to know everybody

Morontheism: The perfect excuse to be a rotten-to-the-core holier-than-thou hatemonger. :vent:

Oh yeah, I trust everyone here understands where you're coming from. Hi Eric, greetings from Germany :yellow:

Yup, Pascal's folly... err... wager... immediately leads to the "worst hell" problem as soon as the assumption "there's only my cult and atheism" is dropped.

That said, ain't it ironic to the max that the original hell (Hel, the realm of the dead in the religion of my Germanic ancestors and the Scandinavians of old) is just the generic gathering place for most of the dead... unpleasant, yes, but not a place of torture?

Another proof that whenever morontheists touch anything, they make it an evil distortion of itself...

...in my history class we were reading the text book and we skipped the part that said christian empires would go on crusades and burn villages to the ground if they did not convert. the teacher was christian and thought it was a lie so she would not tell the class but it was in my book. i asked questions about it because we skipped it and she just ignored me. i asked questions profusly and she ignored me.

<Sledge Hammer>

"Stop confusing me with your facts Doro!"

</Sledge Hammer>

Whenever someone finds that she has reason to fear truth, that someone should be very worried indeed... not about the truth, but about the strange view that makes her fear.

How petty and pathetic to leave out those annoying truths in the textbook, and to ignore all intrusions of same truths into the lesson.

And how very expected. :banghead:

My passion for disproving christianity will only strengthen as i get older. i would be honored to fight against fundamentalists because without them science would be able to further advance and who knows how much more advanced we;d be if they didn't burn and destroy most scientific evidence from the past like the library of Alexandria. Who knows what information was lost forever in that fire.

Welcome aboard.

Oh, don't be too eager to blame xians for each and every burning of that library. I'd love to be able to do that myself but it just isn't possible.

in my history class we were reading the text book and we skipped the part that said christian empires would go on crusades and burn villages to the ground if they did not convert. the teacher was christian and thought it was a lie so she would not tell the class but it was in my book. i asked questions about it because we skipped it and she just ignored me. i asked questions profusly and she ignored me.

That sucks but at least your history book has the info. I went to a xian school and my books painted the xians as the wonderful people they think they are while everyone else was corrupt and evil. Poor xians. I had no clue about many, many historical events until much later in life as a result (heck, I've had to unlearn and relearn nearly a lifetime of knowledge over the past couple of years). At my old school it was pretty standard policy to get detention or worse for what you did (which I had on a regular basis). So keep learning on your own and let them ignore you (you sound a bit like my nephew who just graduated this year...smart kid...went apostate like his uncle ;) ).

mwc