Goodbye Jesus

Thin Air Event

Brother Jeff

The fundies (SDA creationists) are at it again - promoting ignorance and pseudoscience (and their brand of religious mythology) to the unfortunately largely scientifically illiterate public. Check out this site:

http://www.thinairevent.com

What really annoys me is that they will undoubtedly suck some people into their cult with slick presentations that will obviously be short on real facts but big on emotional appeals and baseless religious speculations. What annoys me too is how these people depend on the general scientific ignorance of the public to promote their beliefs, though they too are ignorant themselves, and they actually want to be ignorant and are proud of it. :o Ignorance breeds ignorance!

Anyway, real science and the real facts presented would easily blow this shit right out of the water, and I wish the real deal was taught and promoted much more vigorously and enthusiastically than it is. Fuck the fundies. Religion doesn't belong in our schools and creationist seminars like this should be countered with real science.

I looked and listened to the 4 topics and could see what it was leading to; the same old same old. Ho hum.........,

Of course the morontheists don't hint at anything specific in their trailers, but let's face it, we all know what will be in it once we unwrap this thing.

...must... stay... awake... mustn't... sleep...

*gives up*

*zzzzZzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzz*

IF Darwin was wrong, than it would mean that another theory, which incorporates some of DArwin's science, is a better description of what is happening.

IF Darwin was wrong, the default is not "Well that means Creationism HAS to be right." It means we reseach more and discover a better explanation.

Tired of this silliness that everything is simple dualism. The universe is far too complex for that kind of simplicity.

That's one reason for the cult... the desperate wish to have it all simple in active and intentional denial of reality.

I hear you Thursday.