Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy

Guest mortician

Guest mortician

Being of sound mind I willfully and deliberately blaspheme the holy spirit with ever part of myself,The best way that I know how.You all are witnesses.If your an atheist why bother to blaspheme something that doesnt exist?Well,I read alot and am still plagued with residue of the christian filth.Blasphemy can be a kind of self help for atheists/exchristians.Daily I perform other blasphmous activities that I won't describe here.I suppose not everyone deconverts the same way and different things help different people leaving the cult.Can anyone relate?

Ya know mortician...

When you let the 'other side' define the terms in which you choose to lead your life, half your battle with 'em is already won by them.

If pissing off the religious is your goal, then do so with vigor and ability, but allowing them to call you 'apostate' 'backslidden' 'blahrhardeharfuckingharhar', or whatever they define as 'bad', you loose.

Live yer own fucking life as you see fit and in turn if what you do, as compared to what they say you 'ought to do', you'll be ten steps ahead of their game.

Don't be defined by past religious experiences, try not to let the sectarians slap labels all over you. In return, don't play their games, as they 'can't loose' with the Goode Larde GohWd on their side...

kFL

seriously... if you want to piss off the religious fundies, just live as if their gods and beliefs do not even fucking exist (PS... they don't). Make your own path and stop waiting for the Lawrd to smite you or get mad or anything... the Tooth Fairy will be just as likely to react as will Yow-wee, Jayzus or any other imaginary ghosties.

Fuck them. Live constructively, not destructively.

Guest mortician

I didnt think I said anything about pissing off fundies or Anything about other religious cultists.I dont care what cultists think.Its ok that you think what I said is silly,I can live with that.It helps me Psychologicaly like a catharsis.And was wondering if any other exchristians who still struggle with some left over bullshit did anything simular .

seriously... if you want to piss off the religious fundies, just live as if their gods and beliefs do not even fucking exist (PS... they don't). Make your own path and stop waiting for the Lawrd to smite you or get mad or anything... the Tooth Fairy will be just as likely to react as will Yow-wee, Jayzus or any other imaginary ghosties.

Fuck them. Live constructively, not destructively.

I've read so many of these types of threads. Forgive me for not reading the whole thing, and possibly passing over what might just be a duplicate of what I'm getting ready to post.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

I don't know who came up with that one, but it's a good one.

I can understand the need to shake off the feelings that connected you to your former beliefs. I felt the same way after my separation from my first wife. And I did a lot of things she never approved of, I was in essence blaspheming everything she stood for.

And I dated a lot of different woman....cleaned the palette so to speak, as well as really figure out what I liked and did not like in women, while not just picking women who were my ex's opposite.

When I finally met my current wife, I knew what I liked and didn't like, and was ready for someone who has some of the old traits I loved in my first wife, but did not have the traits I really could not live with.

I see deconversion as the same thing....you loved it once, now you need to remove yourself from it, then you re-evaluate what was good (maybe being in a community was what was really nice, and all you need is a new group, based say on a hobby, that you can join, for example) and what was bad (ie the brainwashing), and move on with what is your real life, wiser and better for it.

If you don't, then there is always a chance you will fall into the same patterns, with the same problems. Seen that happen with people marrying people just like their ex, and it goes for religion too.

When you are done attacking "god" by blaspheming, then you will be ready to get on with a mature adult life.

Being of sound mind I willfully and deliberately blaspheme

For me, leading a godless life has been a fuckin blessing! No more guilt and worry about sin and always praying to a deaf god. As far as church and mass, I can attend when socially necessary, receive the sacraments in a state of "mortal sin", walk out and say fuck it! To me this is the ultimate freedom. No more mind control.

Guest neileroberts

You know. I can completely understand the sentiment here.

Xtianity as a whole hurt you and as part of the healing process you need to "hurt" it back. I think good on you. Anything that helps you to recover and get back to a state of solid sense and reason is a good thing. Just because something is imaginary doesn't mean you can't get pleasure from attacking it.

sort of draining the pus in one's spleen into a tin mug... I can see the appeal

I didnt think I said anything about pissing off fundies or Anything about other religious cultists.I dont care what cultists think.Its ok that you think what I said is silly,I can live with that.It helps me Psychologicaly like a catharsis.And was wondering if any other exchristians who still struggle with some left over bullshit did anything simular .

Mortician,

Rock on! Do it to music! Climb a mountain and scream it out! Whatever purges your soul. ***No Apologies - nada!**

I believe what you are doing is cathartic. Some things need to be said not merely thought.

That said, try not to marinate in this stage, which incedentally, I think is really what the others were saying. There's more and better to come!

Mongo

At a goth club in Colorado, I witnessed a man dressed as Marilyn Manson perform a dance in which he fake-sodomized himself with a crucifix. . .I hope the whole event was helping him in some way, though I think I prefer less "penetrating" ways of purging myself of the stigma I still sometimes feel due to my previous beliefs.

:Doh:

Being of sound mind I willfully and deliberately blaspheme the holy spirit with ever part of myself,The best way that I know how.You all are witnesses.If your an atheist why bother to blaspheme something that doesnt exist?Well,I read alot and am still plagued with residue of the christian filth.Blasphemy can be a kind of self help for atheists/exchristians.Daily I perform other blasphmous activities that I won't describe here.I suppose not everyone deconverts the same way and different things help different people leaving the cult.Can anyone relate?

Dog forgive them for they know not what they say. And I say this in the name of the Fat Fucker, the Son of a Bitch and the Holy Goat. A women.

If you *really* want catharsis, you might be interested in the

I recently posted a video response to their challenge, not for catharsis but just because it felt good

(heh)

I've read so many of these types of threads. Forgive me for not reading the whole thing, and possibly passing over what might just be a duplicate of what I'm getting ready to post.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

I don't know who came up with that one, but it's a good one.

I was going to say that exact same thing..... but I read first (which is unusual for me) so I'll just second the motion.

At a goth club in Colorado, I witnessed a man dressed as Marilyn Manson perform a dance in which he fake-sodomized himself with a crucifix. . .I hope the whole event was helping him in some way, though I think I prefer less "penetrating" ways of purging myself of the stigma I still sometimes feel due to my previous beliefs.

Interesting, a few years back, my catharsis was putting Manson's "Fight" song on repeat as load as my speakers could handle and singing along. What?? the wuss didn't actaully sodimise himself?? and he calls himself goth ppffthhhhhh

Hey dude, if you need to vent or rant, go for it. I did the same thing for awhile. I still do sometimes. It can help get stuff out of your system. Kind of like draining a festering wound, as Gramps so vividly put it...

If you *really* want catharsis, you might be interested in the

I recently posted a video response to their challenge, not for catharsis but just because it felt good

(heh)

Yup I took part in the blasphemy challenge, actually I have been very active with the Squad even so far as to heading up the Nothern California Chapter. also helping out with other operations if you are in to Atheist Activism I would say there is no better group to associate with. There are a couple members here who are also active over there MrX.C., Greydon Square, Zach. and maybe more.

I can relate. When I deconverted, I shredded my Bible. Literally. Well, not all of it, but a good portion. The rest I threw into the trash. It was extremely cathartic and I highly recommend it unless you think you're going to need your Bible for debating purposes. :D

• 2 months later...

Well this is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy late but I'm looking for something else and I found it. So far, it seems the biggest thing I'm doing is not observing the Sabbath. It's gotten to the point where I don't even feel like it's Sunday. This is just in the past few weeks or so and I've been "working" on Sunday for years and years. The weekend is my best time to study so I do. Where I come from that would be considered work and not okay. From midnight to midnight. That is how Sunday was measured. Sometimes I wondered if anyone ever checked God's watch to be sure they got it exactly right...

I don't know why, of all the rules my church imposed, this Sabbath Day observance is the thing that stands out so much but it really does.