Goodbye Jesus

Work - Employment Equity Survey

Mongo

Over the years I have found that work surveys are a great way to say something you can't say elsewhere.

My employer just sent out an employment equity survey which focuses on race.

At the end of the survey they asked for comments so I used this to complain about xtian fundys:

I am suprised this survey does not deal with invisible minorities and religious tolerance.

I wish to work in an environment where attempts by coworkers to prosetlyze are not tolerated.

Flyers on religious events are occasionally found at more than one work location and I remove them when I find them.

By tolerating such workplace behaviour, you risk offending people of competing belief systems as well as non-believers.

Even if they don't do anything, at least they will have the seed in their minds that evangelism can cause work place unrest.

Mongo

And they can not down the road say, "well we never heard about any of this" when you finally go ballistic and get into a fight because some fundy has invaded your space for the Lord one too many times.

And the sad thing is, any atheists who posted flyers for humanist or atheist events would likely be fired for not being tolerant of the religious believers. Why can't people just keep their religions to themselves? I mean, I understand the mentality of wearing it on your sleeve, but all that does is stir up resentment.