Goodbye Jesus

The Devil Made Me Do It

PandaPirate

When I hear people talk about the devil or evil spirits, I have to wonder- What year is this? Am I in the middle ages? Why do people believe this crap? I remember when I was xtian I used to think that the devil sat around planning ways to trip me up. Talk about paranoia. It should be classified as a mental illness. My boyfriend told me a story about a recovering addict friend of his in which the friend and another buddy were allowed to leave the treatment facility to bring someone to the hospital). Instead of waiting in the ER for several hours they went to the local convenience store where they were approached by two good looking women who asked them if they wanted to go have a drink. They said they were in treatment and couldn't go to a bar. The girls eventually talked them into it by telling them they didn't have to have any alcohol...they could just drink cokes. They went to the bar and one thing led to another and at the end of the night they were in a hotel room with these women doing drugs.

The poor guy believes that those two women were demons sent to destroy them.

I wish people would start taking responsibility for their actions and for their thoughts instead of blaming it on some evil spirit. Bad habits are hard to break but it's not because of the devil. It's because of brain chemistry.

I ran into an old friend from high school a couple years ago....he's very christian, was kicked out of Basic Training, has appointed himself the personal bodyguard of a local minister, and is always carrying a gun. :twitch:

Little wonder I only run into him occasionally....when he snaps, I don't want to be nearby.

Anyway....he'd just divorced his wife....as I was talking to him, he informed me in all seriousness that she was demon possessed.

You ever have to resist taking a step back from someone? It's a unique sensation.

Couple days later he called me wanting me to join him out in the middle of the woods, and adding that his parent's were out of town. Perhaps that doesn't seem creepy...until you realize we are talking about a 34 year old man....who didn't even live with his parents in the first place....yet his inflection was as though that were supposed to be an incentive (we never dated...though he was in school, and at the time of that call, interested).

Big surprise....I already had "plans".

An armed person, who believes in demons, whose respected authority figures are away, who has always been attracted to you.....and being invited to go out to the middle of nowhere alone with them.

If it sounds like the beginning details of an America's Most Wanted episode...it's probably a bad idea.

Couple days later he called me wanting me to join him out in the middle of the woods, and adding that his parent's were out of town. Perhaps that doesn't seem creepy...until you realize we are talking about a 34 year old man....who didn't even live with his parents in the first place....yet his inflection was as though that were supposed to be an incentive (we never dated...though he was in school, and at the time of that call, interested).

As a guy that says stupid shit nearly non-stop even I find this pretty bad.

mwc

Big surprise....I already had "plans".

An armed person, who believes in demons, whose respected authority figures are away, who has always been attracted to you.....and being invited to go out to the middle of nowhere alone with them.

If it sounds like the beginning details of an America's Most Wanted episode...it's probably a bad idea.

And then the boys wonder why the girls don't want do date them and men can't figure out what it is that women want. Yeah right. we might want some idea of returning home in one piece after the first date. White Raven, I think you were very wise in having "other plans" for the precise time he needed this armed confab in the middle of the woods.

Hey, don't be harsh to him! It's not his fault! It's dem ebil demons! Aye, it's always the demons!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Hey, don't be harsh to him! It's not his fault! It's dem ebil demons! Aye, it's always the demons!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Yeah well.... I wasn't interested in being the subject of an impromptu exorcism as a result of the obvious "demons" I must be influenced by....else how could I, subservient female that I'm supposed to be, dare refuse his romantic intentions? :Wendywhatever:

It's obvious. I'm possessed. All that can save me is the internal application of the sacred rod into the center of mine evil. Of course the "demon" in me could be expected to resist.... and if that ritual was not enough to cast out Legion....then extreme lead poisoning will do it. :dead:

:eek:

Scary. It's not hard to see how the "logic" of the demon-believer works in favor of them justifying (and self-satisfying) cruel and violent actions.

There's a signpost up ahead...."This Way Lies Inquisition"

The devil and demonds are just as created mental states as god and religion. It's all demonds and gods in the mind! Not reality

S'funny... there's a dude I know who is so fucking gullible when it comes to 'demons' and shit that he is constantly buying books and going to seminars about 'spiritual warfare' against 'the enemy' and his minions. He's so fucking neurotic and weird that the only person who agreed to marry him is another wing-nut who is even MORE into all the charismatic crazy shit than he is. Fact is, they are TERRIBLE for each other in almost every other facet of married life, and he still carries a bookbag and maps and notebooks and shit with him at 36 years old... still rants about how he wants to get all his old schoolmates 'saved'... still goes on about a certain girl like he is unnaturally obsessed with her. His wife goes on about being a 'prophetess' and having an 'anointed' ministry and all that shit.

They really believe shit like 'see those blackbirds over there? They could be demons manifesting in animal form...'

and

'We were on the boardwalk and I gave a tract to the fortune teller lady... you could just see the demons sitting on her shoulders...'

Fuuuuuuck. What a bunch of shit.

It is a convenient way NOT to dea lwith the real problems of the world, and of relationships...it is not because we are complex individuals trying to live our own lives, it is because we are demon possessed.....what an ego some of these Christians have. Like demons would care about the average person.

I mean, his ex might have been demon possesed, but I know for a fact that my ex IS SATAN!!!

Its just a sad way that the Paulists do not have to take responsibility for their own actions. Its not my fault, Satan made me do it. It's Satan's fault.

I have asked Christians why they believe what they do in light of science, history, facts etc. They say "The Devil does things to warp your mind and make you believe in science before God." Basically folks, all medicine, cancer cures, drugs, medical technology etc. came from the DEvil :)

My brother's friend was in a seminary, studying to be a priest. He has since left. HOwever, he did say that excorcisms STILL HAPPEN...more often than you would think.

When I hear people talk about the devil or evil spirits, I have to wonder- What year is this? Am I in the middle ages? Why do people believe this crap? I remember when I was xtian I used to think that the devil sat around planning ways to trip me up. Talk about paranoia. It should be classified as a mental illness. My boyfriend told me a story about a recovering addict friend of his in which the friend and another buddy were allowed to leave the treatment facility to bring someone to the hospital). Instead of waiting in the ER for several hours they went to the local convenience store where they were approached by two good looking women who asked them if they wanted to go have a drink. They said they were in treatment and couldn't go to a bar. The girls eventually talked them into it by telling them they didn't have to have any alcohol...they could just drink cokes. They went to the bar and one thing led to another and at the end of the night they were in a hotel room with these women doing drugs.

The poor guy believes that those two women were demons sent to destroy them.

I wish people would start taking responsibility for their actions and for their thoughts instead of blaming it on some evil spirit. Bad habits are hard to break but it's not because of the devil. It's because of brain chemistry.

Hey, if I wanted to say "the Devil made me do it", then damn, there goes over half my life demon possessed right there....

But I chose to take personal responsibility over this whole "Devil" bullshit... Ah, what can we do about some folks. Some people are just stupid and are going to stay that way -- by choice. Because the Devil is making them stay that way. *sigh*