Goodbye Jesus

A Christian de-converted

Poonis

With experience and the reflection thereof, I have found Christianity to be the most filthy, disgusting, and wretched matter ever to have been brought forth from the minds of men. No amount of death, destruction, genocide, or other ferocious embodiment of pain and suffering at the hands of men has ever brought forth the same psychological disease that has empowered Christianity.

Years have passed since my full de-conversion, and subsequent dissolution of the vestigial fear of hell. I have found that I have been literally robbed of my thought process for the roughly first 20 years of my life.

From the filthy and depraved act of circumcision after birth, through baptism, to confirmation, communion, and every other bastion of degredation, Christianity has deprived me of my childhood, teenage years, and young adulthood. I will never gain these years back. Whatever age I may live to, I will have been shorted two decades, of which, entropy given, I will never, ever get back.

twenty-six years of age I am now, and have had five to six years of reflection, and I have been able to see how ungodly this work of ignorance has affected my life. But I cannot hold hatred for Christians, for they know not what they do. I pity them, and try to help them to know the Truth. They are ignorant of everything that results from their doctrine, evading the truth as if it were the devil itself. And they would die for this ignorance.

How foolish is this, to reject truth in the presence of absolute existential destruction? They know not what they do.

I do not provide the details of my upbringing within fundamentalist christianity, as a war veteran does not wish to discuss the horrors of war. But it was bad.

Some may worry about my preference to help Christians de-convert themselves. To them, I say they too know not even the depths of depravity Christianity will troll for. To the Christians who read this, no amount of belief, faith, or prayer can overcome the truth I have found, as belief, faith, and prayer have been rendered ineffectual, absolutely.

I have been set free, a born-again outright atheist, at the behest of one man, and this man I met physically five years ago, and I wanted so bad to punch his face out.

To whomever you are, I never even knew your name. But you stopped my world in an instant, and rendered me defenseless against the truth. I yearned so badly to hurt you then, for showing me the truth. It has taken me almost six years to understand the words you said to me, when I was in dire straights.

For what the situation you and I were in, you said to me, "What will that do... for you?"

I answer you now, six years later; "Nothing... absolute nothing."

The reader of this may not understand, but I do not write this for them. I have been shown the truth that is inside me, and there is nothing external that can ever compare.

Thank you.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Howdy and welcome to the site.

Lots of folks here understand how you feel about the Christ-cult. I've gotten over the worst of the bitterness, but I deconverted when i was 13, so I was possibly never as faithful as you were, and I've had longer to stew on the matter (I'm 28 now). I'm no fan of christianity, but I don't see it as neccesarily any worse or better than any number of OTHER faiths. Some people are just incapable of living without a 'faith' of some sort. It christianity or something else wasn't there to latch onto, they'd just invent something else.

If you don't mind me asking, how did this person you met manage to show you the truth? I'd like to expose several folks I know to the truth and freedom of being godless, but I don't know if they could even entertain the idea.

I'm glad I left Christianity at 16, I've been an atheist since February of 05 so I still have a few, not a lot of problems with Christiantiy, like I consider the Bible a myth, but I still have problems not believing in Jesus like the image they portray him, never had a problem not believing in God, go figure. Sometimes I wonder what are the chances of Christianity being true and things like this. I've gotten over my brainwashing better.

How foolish is this, to reject truth in the presence of absolute existential destruction? They know not what they do.

Excellent point.

Welcome, btw.

But I cannot hold hatred for Christians, for they know not what they do. I pity them, and try to help them to know the Truth. They are ignorant of everything that results from their doctrine, evading the truth as if it were the devil itself. And they would die for this ignorance.

I agree. When I first left the One True Faith I was angry at Christians, but that didn't last too long. It didn't (and still doesn't) take too long for me to remember that I was one of them, just as decieved as they are. As time has gone on since that decision, and the more I've learned about Christianity from a more objective standpoint, my ire at Christians in general has diminished and my anger at two thousand years of the damned clergy has grown to absolute fury. Those "professional" Christians who've had all that training and the benefit of all the theological foundational work done by those who've gone before simply have no excuse for their laziness and deceitfulness!

To another rightly outraged former Christian, welcome! Enjoy the site and community, Poonis.

Loren

Welcome Poonis!

It's a great discussion site. Tons of insight.

:wave:

"Years have passed since my full de-conversion, and subsequent dissolution of the vestigial fear of hell. I have found that I have been literally robbed of my thought process for the roughly first 20 years of my life."

Lessons learned. Right on.

Well, at least you didn't waste nearly 40 years before you figured it out like some of the slower learners on this site.

What!? You thought I was talking about myself!?

...ok maybe I was...

Welcome Poonis!

Guest Adder_Noir

Hope you are okay nice to see another who has come to the site. I have had a lot of years robbed out of my life but that was from a different illness to xtianity. Isn't Hell a lovely concept by the way. Of course we're all going there aren't we for rejecting christ :Wendywhatever: What a LOAD of shit. I fucking hate xtianity especially some of the twats who drive it. Talk about an abusive relationship.

The only thing I would say is that it can be tricky coming back to the 'real' world because at the present time where I live it is full of arrogance, bigotry, total destruction of morality, heartlessness, uncaringness, survival of the fittest mentality, sexual gratification at all costs (even if it comes at the price of the destruction of a long term relationship), greediness, etc,etc.....

You no longer have that way of explaining this away you used to have by just saying "Oh well, the majority think and act that way because they are unsaved and thus they are to be pitied, at least I'm saved". You realise that this just IS the 'real' world and there's no reason or all conquering event that's going to happen to make right out of wrong. This for me has been the hardest aspect of leaving xtianity. I no longer have that feeling that the eye in the sky is caring for me and looking after me. I can no longer explain the hurtful, uncaring and selfish actions of others away by simply saying they are unenlightened people. The world is going bad and it just is going bad. Not because of the prophecies in the bible or anything. It just is that way. I find this confusing because without xtianity there is now no safety rope or datum point which I can turn to when I'm hurt. My best advice would be to seek out somebody who you can love and who will love you back. I think that's the only way life can be bearable. I hope I can also succeed in doing this.

Well done on leaving xtianity. Maybe a wonderful life is in fact just about to begin for you :)

Poonis,

The walk of living starts every morning now.

Welcome..

kL

Welcome Adder_Noir!

Hope to see more postings...

Welcome to Ex-C Poonis (and Adder Noir),

Your testimony reflected both the inner pain and a sense of relief at letting go. It's like taking of the blinkers off and seeing the world as it really is, without the obsession and damnation of the afterlife.

Use Ex-C to vent if you need, but more importantly have fun here. Laughter is the best medicine.

I have been set free, a born-again outright atheist, at the behest of one man, and this man I met physically five years ago, and I wanted so bad to punch his face out.

To whomever you are, I never even knew your name. But you stopped my world in an instant, and rendered me defenseless against the truth. I yearned so badly to hurt you then, for showing me the truth. It has taken me almost six years to understand the words you said to me, when I was in dire straights.

Dear Poonis, I join the others in welcoming you to this site. I've appreciated it very much since coming on in late August.

I also join unchainedhillbilly in wondering, if you feel it's appropriate, if you can talk about what the one man said that helped you see things in a new light of non-dogma.

Health and joy

The world is going bad and it just is going bad. Not because of the prophecies in the bible or anything. It just is that way. I find this confusing because without xtianity there is now no safety rope or datum point which I can turn to when I'm hurt. My best advice would be to seek out somebody who you can love and who will love you back. I think that's the only way life can be bearable. I hope I can also succeed in doing this.

Welcome to ex-c! Good advice you're giving yourself here. Christianity does not have a monopoly on love and friendship, no matter how loudly they yell that they do.

• 1 month later...

Welcome! We got your back.

Great avatar-- is that you or someone from a movie???