Goodbye Jesus

Why?

Guest chinamoon

Guest chinamoon

[Sorry not feeling the best this morning feel so angry at everything and everybody (except u guys) .

I wish the christians would leave me alone and just get the idea that I dont want to go to church and sit there listening to them crap on about stuff that none of them practice. I have been a fence sitter for about 2 years but finally I have come to the conclusion it is a pile of crap and that if God gave me a disabled son cause he thinks i am the right parent for him then he is wrong, if God gave me 3 sons cause he thinks I deserve them then he is wrong when every part of me aches for a daughter. I hate feeling so alone and I hate that the church dont get depression, my disabled son and my need for sex even though Im not married and my lover isnt a christian. Sorry if you think this is a bit whinge but actually it is cause life sux and christians sux too. :thanks:

Welcome to the forums, Chinamoon! :grin:

It is extremely hard to leave the "God" mindset once you have been repeatedly told that everything happens because of God's will.

I know many people who would give just about anything to have a child at all, male or female.

Why do you feel that you are not the right parent for your disabled son?

Guest chinamoon
Welcome to the forums, Chinamoon! :grin:

It is extremely hard to leave the "God" mindset once you have been repeatedly told that everything happens because of God's will.

I know many people who would give just about anything to have a child at all, male or female.

Why do you feel that you are not the right parent for your disabled son?

Dont get me wrong i love him heaps but jesus people keep telling me he is a gift from god and that god chose me for him mum and that he never gets anything wrong etc thats why i get pissed off with it all. I know Im lucky to have him he nearly died at birth. Sorry bad day .

If I get what you're saying, then you love your son just as he is, but you would love for him to have the gift of being like other boys. And it just rubs being told the same old, same old pat answers when what you really want is a deeper discussion. Or maybe you are disappointed. You have every right to wish for at least one daughter. Doesn't mean you hate your sons. Just means it would be pleasant having a daughter. And it would be so nice if someone acknowledged this. It's as though acknowledging it would be an affront to some nonexistent deity.

If you can afford to, just find a way not to go to church anymore. I have no idea what the social and emotional costs will be. For that reason I say "if you can afford to." Have a good weekend.

I agree with what Ruby said. I would also advise getting help for depression if you are not already. It's better than the alternative.

I totally understand what you are saying. I also have a son with disabilities. There is nothing I HATE hearing more than "God only give special children to special parents". How stupid is that!?! Or "God must have a purpose for your son's life". My own mother says that one all the time!

I love my son deeply and wouldn't trade him for anything, but I was not given him because I'm special. I got him from a very freakish act of nature.

I have a friend in Ottawa with a daughter with down syndrome and when people tell her that God gives special children to special parents she says, "Frankly, I wish I wasn't so god damned special". :grin: She loves her daughter, she just hates sanctimonious idiots.

Hang in there chinamoon... and tell the church people to go ##$%^ themselves. They probably need a good lay anyway.

Heather

Wow. Several with disabled sons here now. One of my sons is paraplegic and need care. Not 24 hours, but several times a day. One of many reasons why I lost faith.

I remember there were not many handicapped in church. They fail to heal them. No prayer answers there. If they did, the church would be packed. But it seems like God doesn't want packed churches, he only got a few rooms available in Heaven (and probably not handicap accessible either.)

Guest chinamoon
Wow. Several with disabled sons here now. One of my sons is paraplegic and need care. Not 24 hours, but several times a day. One of many reasons why I lost faith.

I remember there were not many handicapped in church. They fail to heal them. No prayer answers there. If they did, the church would be packed. But it seems like God doesn't want packed churches, he only got a few rooms available in Heaven (and probably not handicap accessible either.)

Thanks HanSolo !!!!!! nice to hear someone that understands where Iam coming from finally...... I felt so guilty this afternoon about not going to church this morning i piled all the kids up to night church . Well they sang two songs and a prayer and i heard myself say "what a crock of shit" but i said it out loud . Got stared at by mostly everyone said again 'It is you know', and left . Dont think they will want me there again ..... Oops. I dont really care Im just lonely I think that is the main reason I sought out god and that stuff in the first place to fill a space in my life after I found myself lost without a partner with 2 boys and one on the way .... Does anyone else think they like to capture the lowest in society to give them hope when there is nothing else going for them ???????

[Sorry not feeling the best this morning feel so angry at everything and everybody (except u guys) .

Just let it out already - you may well feel much better afterwards :)

That said, welcome, greetings from the global warming testing ground known as Germany ;)

As for the rest of your posting, I get it that you - like so many people in here - have the misfortune of living in one of those deluded spots where for everyone who uses his/her brain there are at least 20 zombies running around to preach the bullshit...

...and it took you how long to finally freak out?! :fdevil:

You know, sometimes I wonder... if I lived in the midst of the babble belt et cetera... how long would it last before I start to smash in the face of everyone who comes up to me and starts to speak out the word "jebu <WHACK>"? :crazy:

Dont get me wrong i love him heaps but jesus people keep telling me he is a gift from god and that god chose me for him mum and that he never gets anything wrong etc thats why i get pissed off with it all. I know Im lucky to have him he nearly died at birth. Sorry bad day .

Ah right. If it's good praise jebus. If it's bad it's your fault. The same crap as every century. :repuke:

Remember, it's perfectly okay to have a bad day sometimes. Only if you have nothing but bad days for at least, say, 3 months... then it's time to start worrying.

Does anyone else think they like to capture the lowest in society to give them hope when there is nothing else going for them ???????

Has it ever been different with those morontheists? :banghead:

Get them while they're young (so they won't question the bullshit you feed to them). If that fails, get them while they're down, like one relative of my wife who got caught by the jehoover's witlesses who addressed him right on the spot at the funeral of a loved one. How much lower can one sink? :vent:

Must suck royally to know that no sane adult human would ever buy your bullshit. If them morontheists wouldn't do so much real damage to others with their cultist crap we basically would have to pity them.

But as it is now in real life, first beat them senseless until they stop harrassing others. After that we'll have plenty of time to pity them. :Hmm:

Well they sang two songs and a prayer and i heard myself say "what a crock of shit" but i said it out loud .

:lmao: Niiiiice!! You must have a death wish or something. :HaHa:

Got stared at by mostly everyone said again 'It is you know', and left . Dont think they will want me there again ..... Oops. I dont really care Im just lonely I think that is the main reason I sought out god and that stuff in the first place to fill a space in my life after I found myself lost without a partner with 2 boys and one on the way ....

You definitely got a tougher situation than me. I'm not as lonely as you are, my wife and I are still together. It must be very hard doing it alone.

Does anyone else think they like to capture the lowest in society to give them hope when there is nothing else going for them ???????

It's the best market group for religion. When people are starving they can eat anything, even poisonous food.

Guest chinamoon

[:lmao: Niiiiice!! You must have a death wish or something. :HaHa:

No !!!!! , Not a death wish just yet need to do a few more things yet !!!!! :HaHa: Got a email from them this morning regarding my conduct ..... As if i care about there point of view they DON'T care about mine .............

The part about me being lonely, yep it sucks but I know Im better off without the boys Dads in my life. I just need to get a few more friends which is hard when the churches are all interconnecting and they rule the town.....

On a brighter note I have Uni today (in another town some 35 kms away) so that should be good as I get to mix it up with some intelligent conversations. :woohoo:

Depression 101

If you can afford it, see your General Practitioner. Escitalopram (Lexapro?) works well for me, with minimum side effects (Parkinson's type symptoms hit my family if we get on the wrong meds... It's why I'm accepting of pretty unpleasant death and feel no need to breed...)

If your medical insurance covers it... try to get counselling... Cognitive Behavioural Therapy worked for me... if you can't try the 'For Dummies' series. CBT for Dummies is good.

Do not rely on anyone else to get you out of the hole. They can only gesture and make encouraging noises.

Don't assume one good day means you're cured, or one bad day means you're incurable... both views are false.

Take vitamin supplements. If you go on prescription anti-depressants, don't take Ginkgo Biloba or St. John Wort.

Chocolate is your friend. just don't over do it.

Using anger to get you out of bed will kill you.

If you need a God, then go with God. However, people who tell you that you need a god, drop like hot brick. They'll just make you worse. Make your own path. Gurus are not really anything more than a cast for a damaged limb. The good ones tell you this, the bad ones try to keep you forever and take 10% of your gross... The only person who can make an informed decision on your health is you.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know...

Do not rely on anyone else to get you out of the hole. They can only gesture and make encouraging noises.

This is some of the most sensible advise I've ever heard. It actually fits reality as I have lived and experienced it. There was a time when it occurred to me that life was like climbing out of a well without a ladder. All I had was bracing myself with my hands and feet and back against the sides of the well. It was obviously a very narrow circular well I was envisioning.

I read self-help books, did my own self-analysis, found my own way out. THEN, people started acting like I needed help. When I asked for advise they said to go see counselors. All the counselors ever did was "make gestures and encouraging noises." So utterly futile and disgusting!

chinamoon said:

Well they sang two songs and a prayer and i heard myself say "what a crock of shit" but i said it out loud.

I feel so good that someone on this earth had the courage to say it in church. I'm sorry to hear about the repercussions. A town that is ruled by the two churches--do I ever know what that's like. You're studying? Good for you! Chinamoon, you'll go places. You seem a lot like me. Trapped in a hopeless situation but fighting the odds and using education to get out. Feel free to pm me.

Guest chinamoon
Depression 101

If you can afford it, see your General Practitioner. Escitalopram (Lexapro?) works well for me, with minimum side effects (Parkinson's type symptoms hit my family if we get on the wrong meds... It's why I'm accepting of pretty unpleasant death and feel no need to breed...)

If your medical insurance covers it... try to get counselling... Cognitive Behavioural Therapy worked for me... if you can't try the 'For Dummies' series. CBT for Dummies is good.

Don't assume one good day means you're cured, or one bad day means you're incurable... both views are false.

Take vitamin supplements. If you go on prescription anti-depressants, don't take Ginkgo Biloba or St. John Wort.

Chocolate is your friend. just don't over do it.

Using anger to get you out of bed will kill you.

If you need a God, then go with God. However, people who tell you that you need a god, drop like hot brick. They'll just make you worse. Make your own path. Gurus are not really anything more than a cast for a damaged limb. The good ones tell you this, the bad ones try to keep you forever and take 10% of your gross... The only person who can make an informed decision on your health is you.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know...

Thank you for your encouragment .... Depression and I are old friends , been around for a while now but i still wish he would piss off........ Im on lovan. It seems to help.

Chocolate is another old friend actually I think he is every girls best friend !!!! :nono:

Im making my own path and bed and dealing with all of it myself cause in the end we all die alone ......... :eek:

I enjoyed college today but fell asleep in a class.... I sent my pastor a list of questions I shall be interested to see if he replies at all or I just get ignored like always....