Goodbye Jesus

A True Rant

PoeticLicence

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Damn!

I can relate to this somewhat, me an the wife just had a religious kncok down drag out fight over if her gay brother was going to hell or not. She ended up telling me I'm full of demons and all kinds of shit.

Ended the arguement with her saying "A house divided will fall".

I told her, I can live with the differences, if you can't, that's your problem.

She actually tried to take my cross I wear, (I wear it because it was a gift to me, it is in that spirit I treasure it).

But anyway, I ended up leaving in a huff.

At the RV now at my moms, fixin to have a few crowns and spook this board all night :)

Have a drink on me poetic! :)

I hope you didn't show him the link I gave you in chat, and that caused the current eruption... I know xtians don't like that kinda thing much, truly sorry...

BTW I been married 25 years and it's looking more an more like it's coming to a screeeching halt soon....

PoeticLicence, ((( HUGS ) )) You have every single right in the world to be pissed off and full of rage.

Please don't take this as I'm minimizing your anger, as it's not my intention. I just would like you to know that many of us have found that losing god/faith/religion one goes thru a process of grief same as with a death of someone close to us. The 7 stages to be honest.

- Shock or Disbelief

- Denial

- Anger

- Bargaining

- Guilt

- Depression

- Acceptance and Hope

Unfortunately it's not a fun process and it will take lots of time but you will make it thru. I know it's not something you might not want to hear right now at the moment, but this will pass, I promise!! The truth is, the more hardcore commitment we had the more devastating the loss is. As long as I have been out of the dogma it still to this day causes anger in me when certain subjects are approached. But in the same sense, I realize I wouldn't be who I am today without the experiences I went thru. Ex-C is full of wonderful people who make ya not feel so alone thru it. In short I guess what I want to say is, I'm so sorry that you're going thru this.

BTW I been married 25 years and it's looking more an more like it's coming to a screeeching halt soon....

I relate. My breakup with Jesus may be the straw.

No... he didn't see your link. I use my own laptop.

Btw.... beat you to the punch on the drink. I'll send you the bill!

(Thanks for the encouragement.)

PoeticLicence, ((( HUGS ) )) You have every single right in the world to be pissed off and full of rage.

Please don't take this as I'm minimizing your anger, as it's not my intention. I just would like you to know that many of us have found that losing god/faith/religion one goes thru a process of grief same as with a death of someone close to us. The 7 stages to be honest.

- Shock or Disbelief

- Denial

- Anger

- Bargaining

- Guilt

- Depression

- Acceptance and Hope

Unfortunately it's not a fun process and it will take lots of time but you will make it thru. I know it's not something you might not want to hear right now at the moment, but this will pass, I promise!! The truth is, the more hardcore commitment we had the more devastating the loss is. As long as I have been out of the dogma it still to this day causes anger in me when certain subjects are approached. But in the same sense, I realize I wouldn't be who I am today without the experiences I went thru. Ex-C is full of wonderful people who make ya not feel so alone thru it. In short I guess what I want to say is, I'm so sorry that you're going thru this.

THANK YOU. Your words are true... I'm sure. Given the passion of my "walk with Christ" I cannot imagine my breakup would be any less passionate. Your words have brought me comfort! Hugs back at you!

The hard truth is, a change in belief is likely a "deal-breaker" for a relationship no matter how supposedly "strong" that relationship was before.

Seen it a lot here....people put their faiths before their loved ones. It's due to a lifetime of brainwashing so it's understandable, but hurts like hell when someone puts the not-so-good book before you.

And the saddest part? Your loved one is not going to be sensitive to your path down the 7 stages of the grieving process for your belief either.

Imagine if your father died, and your husband mocked you every time you cried. That's the twist of the knife.

But as alone as you feel, you aren't without emotional support. We are here.