Goodbye Jesus

People Annoy Me

Purple

Okay I have a Youtube account, it's not one set up to debate people, it's not a video blog really. I set it up so when I take short vids of my kids, with my digi cam I can send them to my parents. They are kind of crap, but they serve their purpose.

I have a couple vids of my kids band performances. My son is 15 and in a high school band, my daughter is 11 and in her second year in a grade school band. There is a vid, of my daughters band last year. It was a beginner band, and I DO mean beginner, most of the kids had never picked up an instrument, and the vid is of there first real preformance. So, why am I annoyed? Cuz some 25 year old twitiot makes a comment about how when her band played this song they practiced and sounded wayyy better. ASSHAT loser bitch! Why?? Why would an adult feel the need to comment AT ALL on a video of a childrens beginner band?? How low and rude can people be?

It's not the first, it's jsut the first fomr an actual adult. Some 14 year old saying OMG U suck is annoying, but at least they are 14! This chick was 25!

Okay rant over, carry on.

Often times people do it just to be funny. It's the new sarcasm. I'm not defending it in any way, I would say it's immature. It's just something to be expected.

Look up "salmon bear fight" on youtube. You'll find a funny video you've probably seen before from a salmon commercial showing a bear kung fu sparring with a fisherman over a fish. Then look at the comments. People will sat stupid things like "that was soooo fake!!11!! No way someone can train a bear to fight like that!!!1!!!" Just punks saying stupid shit to be funny. Make nothing more of it and begone with it. Your kids can handle the truth I think.

I've often thought Google Video is like Yahoo Bridge and Yahoo Bridge was (and still is) what some Americans would have called a "sawdust joint" a few years ago. Cardplayers you see, called a classy place a carpet joint. A sawdust joint literally had sawdust on the floor, anywhere from four to six inches deep. The sawdust was there to soak up the tobacco juice and now and then the blood. The internet is like that, you have classy sites and garbage sites.

I remember going online to Yahoo when I'd just started playing Bridge. I used to go to the highest level games they had. It was a good way to learn but by gawd you needed a hide like a rhinoceros! Make a single mistake in bidding or play and wouldn't you just get the (verbal) helicopter treatment, as in "Hell he copped 'er!" The way to avoid that was to play on pay sites only, but then if you were a duffer, you would get the silent treatment instead. :shrug:

Most of it you would just ignore, as Huai said. I learned a lot on Yahoo Bridge but I just concentrated on my cards and let the others rant if they wanted to. As my Irish ancestors would have said, "They might as well rave there as in bed".

Casey

Isn't there a section within your user profile on YouTube where you can disable the "comments" section for your videos? I know that I've seen some videos where the comments section had been disabled.

Isn't there a section within your user profile on YouTube where you can disable the "comments" section for your videos? I know that I've seen some videos where the comments section had been disabled.

Yes, and I'm thinking about it. I was hoping not to have to, but between spam and this kind of crap. When it was teenagers I kind went, ok, hopfully you'll grow up, but a 25 year old? Unless they lied about their age. Internet saw dust joint, and youtube sarcasim aside what kind of a sad person do you need to be to put down a childrens band? Yes, my kids can handle it, the truth?? See, I'm not sure anything this bitch said was "the truth" The band was NOT perfect, but that's really not what the bitch wrote, she wrote her band, when she was a kid was so much beter? Really? Convient that her childhood band isn't there for anyone to see. What I love too is all the people that say negitive things none of them have vids they did themselves, its all music videos and TV show clips. At least not any that have commented so far on my stuff.

Plus with cards you'd assume you are playing with adults. If a 25 year old posted, hey this is me playing trumpet I'm awesome, and they sucked, people saying so I might still think was a little rude, but it's an adult. When someone posts a childrens band, and says quite plainly they are beginners, it was their FIRST time playing, I dunno, I kind of expect them to suck.

See, I'm not sure anything this bitch said was "the truth"

I hope you don't think I was implying this. By the truth I mean, on one hand, every master started out in diapers, and on the other there will always be the ignorant and jealous to mock and deride anyone who shows any initiative or individuality.

YouTube is populated by a lot of assholes. When I had an account there instead of commenting on my videos people would post insulting comments about my looks or my weight. I got tired of it and canceled my account.

Plus with cards you'd assume you are playing with adults.

Well, you would think so, although I had to wonder about some of 'em. One time on Yahoo I partnered an American, a nice fellow who didn't say much. One of the opposition players was a real loudmouth who had to comment on every hand, usually letting fly at my partner and I. "Call yourselves players? You wouldn't last five minutes where I play!" and so on and so forth, mixed in with some unprintable epithets.

"Yeah right mate", I thinks to meself. "I know what you mean, I'd feel like you if I too played in the Cavendish every other year". (That's an invitational-only tournament and you have to be at least a Life Master; but the arrogance of this so-and-so was such he'd nearly have you thinking he was one).

After some exchanges back and forth I ignored the SOB. Then my partner and I got into a little slam with Diamonds as trumps and me to play it. The said SOB doubled the slam and my partner redoubled it. That means if you win, every trick you make is multiplied by four. There are a couple of other things that happen too, but I'll get to them presently. If you lose, the opposition scores big time of course, but by this time I had confidence in my partner and as it happened, this was justified.

For all his ranting and raving the bloody loud-mouth idiot led like a typical non-thinker, with the Ace of Clubs. To be sure he had the King with it, which put him a little above the chump class but not much. I could feel his triumph as we went one down. However there was a small problem. There was not a Club in sight in the dummy (the hand facing me which I had to play as well as my own). "Howzat ya mug!" I thought as I made the lot (took all thirteen tricks).

Whereas he thought he and his partner would score at least 400 points, it ended up costing them 2,430 points. Be nice if we were playing for money eh? I noticed he shut up and vanished after that; it's one thing to dish it out but another to take it ... he was just like all bullies and loud-mouths in the end.

Casey

I think it's the nature of the Internet and anonymity. People feel free to make rude remarks on everything. Just look at the comments on news web sites that allow them, like ABC and CBS. 95% of the comments are rude, and the few well-thought out ones are drowned out by the rudeness.

It's like, people know they can't be that rude in real life, so they get their kicks by making stupid remarks online. There is constructive criticism, and then there is rudeness. I don't know why people feel compelled to criticize kids who are giving something a good try.

Maybe it's time for people to stop posting vids publically that should only be shared with friends and family and just end the nonsense, I don't know. I do know that I wouldn't post anything on YouTube, with my luck I'd have a radio song in the background and get a takedown notice. Stupid RIIAA.