Goodbye Jesus

Delusion As A Way Of Life

SWIM

The "cool" factor. "Cool" is yet another mass delusion that is dangerous in the world today. Ever notice the movie, or rapper ads that show them looking pissed off holding a gun sideways? (stupid, makes it harder to use the sights and the recoil is less controlled). In earlier times it was the switchblade knife. Everyone had to have one, it was "cool"

Ever notice how hard some people struggle to hold their sagging pants up? I saw a guy in KFC while I was waiting for a fresh batch of chicken doing this. I was standing outside and I smoked a cigarette. During the course of that cigarette he had to pull his over-sized britches up over 20 times!!! Then, when he got his order, he had to walk with a finger in a belt loop to prevent them from falling all the way to the ground! He struggled with the door, and getting in his car, his pants falling completely down once... I cannot describe how much I hate seeing someones nasty boxer shorts...

But I guess if you want to be "cool" you have to do things a rational person would never do.

It is easy to see how many folks feel comfortable with religion, it seems society "likes" delusion, seems it embraces it all the time.

You folks have other shining examples of "Delusion" that is embraced by many, other then just religion?

Not to be mean or anything, Michael, but I am asking myself by what delusion you live. I understand from one of your other posts that you identify as a Christian. You post a thread about delusion in the ExChristian Life section. For real exChristians, the word "delusion" generally means the very thing you hold onto, i.e. religion. :shrug:

Off topic, but I heard in a couple of places that the sagging pants fashion, the one you describe, not the type that a lot more people are guilty of than are trying to be cool, originated in prison.

There, if your pants are sagging, it indicates that you are someone's girlfriend.

Not to be mean or anything, Michael, but I am asking myself by what delusion you live. I understand from one of your other posts that you identify as a Christian. You post a thread about delusion in the ExChristian Life section. For real exChristians, the word "delusion" generally means the very thing you hold onto, i.e. religion. :shrug:

Are you stoned? LOL I am not a christian, have not been one for over 30 years, what thread do you *think* I identify as a brain dead xtian? lol

sheesh...

It's not the right time of year for an april fools joke, put down the crack pipe an walk away...

Pretty much every single "fashion" trend is more or less delusional by that definition ;)

For starters, I remember well when buffalo shoes (4 inch or even thicker soles) were all the rage over here in Germany. Yeah, what a great idea. It boggles the mind to try and count how many ruined ankles the EMS in the city of Hildesheim alone got to the emergency rooms. You think high heels are idiotic? Compare them to the body count from those moronic shoes and you'll think twice :)

Are you stoned? LOL I am not a christian, have not been one for over 30 years, what thread do you *think* I identify as a brain dead xtian? lol

sheesh...

It's not the right time of year for an april fools joke, put down the crack pipe an walk away...

I tried finding it and couldn't. I don't drink or smoke but we all misread sometimes. I guess that's what happened. Sorry.

A fad that they consider "cool," many young Japanese girls these days wear a crucifix around their neck. It is supposed to make them appear more "international." They have no idea what Christianity is about or even what the crucifix is supposed to be, but it looks cool to them and they think it makes them appear more cosmo.

A fad that they consider "cool," many young Japanese girls these days wear a crucifix around their neck. It is supposed to make them appear more "international." They have no idea what Christianity is about or even what the crucifix is supposed to be, but it looks cool to them and they think it makes them appear more cosmo.

So if I see an East Asian girl wearing a crucifix on a bus here in my Ontario town I should not take it that she's Catholic?

So if I see an East Asian girl wearing a crucifix on a bus here in my Ontario town I should not take it that she's Catholic?

I don't know about outside of Japan, nor can I comment on other Asians - it's just a fad in Japan now.

sheesh...

I tried finding it and couldn't. I don't drink or smoke but we all misread sometimes. I guess that's what happened. Sorry.

no problem. I remember a sarcastic post in a brother jeff thread somewhere that might have sounded that way, I guess, though I think at the time the sarcasm was obvious. I would think anyway, really the content of my posts alone should make it apparent I am not xtian...

oh well... Lemme pop ya on the head an say "pay attention"...

BTW here is a link to a post where I describe in detail what I *believe*, now maybe we can get back on track ;)

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=316621

I don't know about outside of Japan, nor can I comment on other Asians - it's just a fad in Japan now.

I can see that. I never have anyone to tell me who's from which country and I hate to ask strangers where they're from. I can only tell that they're East Asian by the slanted eyes and straight black hair. Some have very white skin and more square faces while others have darker skin and more oblong faces--I'm no good at describing facial features. I just see people on the bus and hear accents. I can't tell from their faces whether they are from North America or from East Asia, because the same facial features and skin colours can have very different English accents. Some speak perfect North American English while others speak languages I don't understand.

As I think over what I've written here I am asking myself whether any of this might be taken as offensive. I am also asking myself how other races describe facial features unique to West Europeans and descendents. Having been both sides of a number of fences I know that certain terms are offensive only when used in offensive and hurtful ways. I also know that for people who have been hurt a lot, the mere words in themselves can be serious hotbuttons. I've always been fascinated by what the world looks like through someone else's eyes, or what it's like being someone else. This naturally leads to a need for defining differences as well as similarities between people and finding ways to talk about these differences and similarities. It is strictly in this sense that I used the terms. And my curiosity is seriously whetted for how "we" appear from inside a different society. I guess this may be totally off-topic. Or perhaps ethnic differences can also be seen as merely delusions???

Yet another delussion I have noticed, is "rednecks" as a lifestyle. They seem to have their own music, dress code, and doctrine. Also in politics.

Why are there different parties? Shouldn't there only be ONE party? A party of people intent on making the country better for all, why seperate into Republican and Democrat (or others) when EVERYONE's goal should be making our country a better place?

I never understood, voting a "party" instead of an "issue". It's the issues that matter, I would not blindly pull all the democrat levers, simply because I was a democrat, but lots of people do.

It is amazing to me how embroiled society is in delussion, on many levels, not just religion.