Goodbye Jesus

Hello All

Tealeaf

Well shit....never thought I'd see a site like this....

First forum I've seen that didn't have an introduction thread (unless I'm blind and/or on crack)....which makes sense because the're pretty pointless. Anyway....

I find this to be an interesting forum idea. A sort of step in the right direction I've long sought among humanity in general.

I just turned 18 about 2 months ago. So ya, I'm young but give me a break! I'm from Kitchener, Ontario..Canada. This is the first time I've ever spat my game at an online forum that didn't have something physically related to a hobby of mine. So this is new.

So, my story:

There is none really, speaking on the spiritual subject! I was raised as a neutral. I never new religion was a "real" thing until my teen years. As such, my mind was never polluted with anything. Not religion nor atheism! Just nothing! No swaying one way or the other. I wasn't told to hate or condemn anyone nor was I enticed to accept anyone or faith, based on belief. There was no mention of it ever. As such, I have a non-exsistant spiritual/anti-spiritual side. I'm finding out now that this is actually more and more of a rare upbringing experience. I think it couldn't have been a better way to raise a child the more I look at others.

I've started noticing that many of my friends are these Christian types. Or other religions to. It seems to be deeply rooted in all their lives yet I never new until I reached my teen years.

Long story short, I can't help but ask "why?" to everything and anything regarding this subject. Why does any of it have to exist? I grew up without it. Why can't others have this utterly simple pleasure?

I'll explain more later but anyway....Hi, all!

Hello Tealeaf.

Welcome to Ex-C.

Nice to meet someone who isn't picking up the pieces of a messed-up life after religion.

May you come to believe only those things for which there is evidence.

Welcome Tealeaf. You're right down the block from me. I'm in Buffalo.

I'm in Waterloo, about a dozen blocks up from the line that runs between it and Kitchener. Depends which part of town you live in. We might live within walking distance of each other. But then, we might not.

Now I'll read the rest of your post.

I have now read your post and this thread and I would say from what you share so far you were raised exactly as I think would be ideal. I look forward to hearing more of your story.

So what's cooking in Kitchener, Tealeaf?

Welcome to our splendid site. :)

Welcome Tealeaf. You're right down the block from me. I'm in Buffalo.

I'm in Waterloo, about a dozen blocks up from the line that runs between it and Kitchener. Depends which part of town you live in. We might live within walking distance of each other. But then, we might not.

Now I'll read the rest of your post.

Not walking distance..though the farthest I've walked home from Waterloo is from Bluvale CI (damned indirect bus routes). I live on the first side street off of Highland Road East.

And, yeah, it was a good way to be raised eh. I am even more thankful for it the more I read this site. Some of the shit I'm seeing is down right outrageous!

HanSolo.. well, there's KFC down the road, but that's no really cooking.

Ha, but ya it is a pretty lousy name for a city. We could go back to being Berlin now that all that "heat" towards Germans has cooled haha!

Anyway, this looks like a promising site as I said. Good show!

Oh I know the old Kaufman Footwear building. It's an old smoke stained factory on King St. that should be torn down and/or renovated, or maybe it's being used for something these days. It's just a place I pass with the bus when I go down to Kitchener.

Tealeaf said:

Not walking distance..though the farthest I've walked home from Waterloo is from Bluvale CI (damned indirect bus routes). I live on the first side street off of Highland Road East.

I guess we're not within walking distance. Sounds like you're on the east side of town. I'm on the west side--in a subdivision near Fischer-Halman and Erb. I travel mostly with Bus #12. I'm originally from the horse and buggy community in the Elmira area, and at the moment I'm finishing off an MA at WLU. As you can guess, the horse and buggy people don't want me with such goings on. I did my BA at UW. This town and these schools have given me a second chance at life.

As for changing the name back to Berlin, would that make it BW--Berlin-Waterloo? I don't know all that much about cars but isn't BW the name of a car model? I like KW so let's just keep it, okay? I feel like I've come back to my roots. The Mennonite from Pennsylvania, Benjamin Eby, supposedly started the Mennonite community where Kitchener now stands. He and his buddies chopped down the first trees in the wilderness in about 1802 is the way the story goes that came down to me via the the book Trail of the Conestoga. Maybe we should go back to calling it Ebytown, like it was called before Berlin. EW--ewwwwwwwwww! Hmmm. KW. I just like the sound of that.

Besides, I'm not city mayor or anyone important like that who could change the name if I wanted to. So I guess we're stuck with what we've got. :)