Goodbye Jesus

How Much Would Your Religious Leader Get Paid If He/she Didn't Encourage Hatred?

Guest Nerissa

Guest Nerissa

I support the right of people to be religious. Everything in life does not have to be based upon science and logic. If their emotional needs are being met by their beliefs then God bless them so-to-speak.

What I do not support is their apparent need to hate others in order to maintain their belief. I find this need surprising considering that most religions have some form of the Golden Rule. I.E. to treat others as we'd wish to be treated. The implication being as we'd want to be treated given being in their circumstances and having their genetics, upbringing, etc.

With rare exception when I meet individuals who are religious their hatred comes directly from their religious leaders. What is in it for the religious leaders? Their paycheck, for the most part. Hatred pays for their nice home, cars, their children's education and more.

I challenge religious people to ask their leaders how much less money they'd make if they did not push their agenda of hatred. Or even simpler. Get a group of your same faith friends together and demand your religious leader go two months without preaching hatred. See what happens to the collections plate over that time.

Nerissa

:nono:

Naturally, they think all infidels and pagans have already violated the golden rule by being infidels and pagans, therefore, they are treating us as they feel they have been treated. No problems for them there.

To the topic question, they wouldn't get paid at all or exist. Hatred/fear is the main thing that keeps em going.