Goodbye Jesus

Which member of your family,

Druid

Basically the choices are:

Uncle: I like this one, nice guy with alot of good ideas but generally too wasted to do anything.

Father: Demands respect cos "It's my house".

Mother: Love and forgive you no matter what.

Grandparents: don't have a clue what their talking about.

Older Sibling: There are like so cool, tell them everything and they give you loads of advice and support.

My dad, who is *not* one bit autocratic. My mother was the autocrat in our family til she died.

My father. Not that I respect the bastard, but whatever.

My brother-in-law.

He's just exactly like god.

He's a paranoid schizophrenic.

I need a choice of 'none of the above'

If there were a god I would want it to be like my Great Gran. She gave birth to 22 kids and knew that not one of them appreciated it. She lived for the moment, ate what she wanted, said what she pleased, was kind to strangers and family alike and never that I knew of put herself above another.

PR

My mother.

The two-faced, hypocritic, hateful, punishment-obsessed, attention whore that she was...

I'd have to say my brother-in-law. He's a controlling asshole just like biblegod.

I can't vote for any of them. "Your Weiner Dog" wasn't an option.

My dad, he's strict just like the bible god. What's an autocrat?

Me, of course.

Me, of course.

Damnit, chef, I thought I was the Almighty Lord of the Universe.

That makes two votes for The Self.

:17:

My dog.

Sometimes I think I understand what he's saying but it's really just wishful thinking...

Guest JP1283

My brother. He and his wife are Christians but they don't go to church and regularly smoke cigarettes.

well i had to choose the grandparents. for those who may not be aware of the fact that my paternal grandparents are both hellfire and brimstone spitters from pulpits everyday of the week. all they care to know is about yeshua and his alleged great splendor. kind of like god, all he wants to know is that we know how great it is.

my grandparents like to control people as well. they can't control my father, and my grandmother hates that. for some odd reason she has this wierd sort of fixation that requires her to dislike, or maybe hate my mother. i don't really know, because she never acts like she hates my mother, but the grapevines are steady talking.

My father.

But he isn't one bit autocratic. Mom is, a little.

My dad is a great dad. I was very much a daddy's girl. He's loved me very much. And because he was always the steady, let's-not-get-overly-excited type.....I would actually end up listening to him and respecting his advice on issues that would send my mom flying around in a rage (instant teenager shut-down, as many of you know).

He's NEVER been quick to anger.

As a result, the few times my father has been visibly angry.....there is a greater urgency and a strong desire to really duck and cover. True thankfulness when the anger wasn't directed at you in particular, and deep shame when it was because you KNEW you deserved it.

I would say my mothers lesbian lover, without the niceness. She is schitsophrenic, AND has multiple personality disorder!

-Jake

My father.

But he isn't one bit autocratic. Mom is, a little.

My dad is a great dad. I was very much a daddy's girl. He's loved me very much. And because he was always the steady, let's-not-get-overly-excited type.....I would actually end up listening to him and respecting his advice on issues that would send my mom flying around in a rage (instant teenager shut-down, as many of you know).

He's NEVER been quick to anger.

As a result, the few times my father has been visibly angry.....there is a greater urgency and a strong desire to really duck and cover. True thankfulness when the anger wasn't directed at you in particular, and deep shame when it was because you KNEW you deserved it.

My dad is quick to anger, my mom and me are very cool, she acts more like a friend than a parent. My mom probably wouldn't care if I was atheist(I am) but my dad would.

I would have to say my dad is most like god.

I've never met him

He's never done squat for me

He wouldn't know me if he bumped into me

And the never ending question.... Is he dead or alive?