Goodbye Jesus

Ken Miller on Intelligent Design

webmdave

• Admin

Kenneth R. Miller (born 1948) is a biology professor at Brown University. Miller, who is Roman Catholic, is particularly known for his opposition to creationism, including the intelligent design movement. He has written a book on the subject entitled Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution, in which he furthers the argument that a belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

A video of Ken Miller's 2-hour talk on Intelligent Design at Case Western University was posted to YouTube nearly two years ago. In the video, Miller basically rips Intelligent Design apart and the exposes tactics that creationists employ to get creationism shoehorned into the American school system.

Evolution resources from Miller's website: LINK

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/11...ent-design.html

Kenneth R. Miller

(born 1948) is a biology professor at Brown University. Miller, who is Roman Catholic, is particularly known for his opposition to creationism, including the intelligent design movement. He has written a book on the subject entitled Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution, in which he furthers the argument that a belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

A video of Ken Miller's 2-hour talk on Intelligent Design at Case Western University was posted to YouTube nearly two years ago. In the video, Miller basically rips Intelligent Design apart and the exposes tactics that creationists employ to get creationism shoehorned into the American school system.

Evolution resources from Miller's website: LINK

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/11...ent-design.html

It's funny, ID is based a lot on how *everything* had to be *just so* for life to occur. Well, so? Maybe so... But... In infinity, if it truely is infinite, those conditions not only can occur randomly no matter how great the odds, but do so over and over endlessly. Funny, if you had *not* won this cosmic lottery you wouldn't be here to say "I lost".

The more ID evidence I hear, the more I take it as evidence that infinity is real, and is truely endless. People that cannot wrap their heads around eternity must *invent* a god to create things, otherwise the odds of all the right stuff occuring are too great for the box the stick the universe in. (just one universe they say too ROFLMAO).

People resist inifinity because we live finite lives. We cannot relate. Also, infinity kills god on so many levels. It would simply stretch the "one" entity, no matter how powerful, WAYYY too thin.

Imagine, *one* conscious entity, no matter how powerful, creating, sending his son, and judging souls for 14323325443 to the 3424534power "earth type" planets. Then, imagine that times 100, ok at that point you still are not even close since it is endless...

Sheesh it is tough to wrap your head around, even in my brain I stick limits. in my nonesense math example I chose 14323325443 to the 3424534power instead of 14323325444 to the 3424534power .

See what I mean?

All ID and creationalist *evidence* does for me is simply go a step forward in proving the endlessness of infinity.