Goodbye Jesus

Ancient Peru Temple, Mural Excavated

mwc

Unearthed in Peru's archeologically rich northern coastal desert, the temple has a staircase leading to an altar that was used for worshipping fire and making offerings to deities, Walter Alva, who headed the three-month excavation, told El Comercio.

Some of the walls of the 27,000-square-foot site — almost half the size of a football field — were painted, and a white and red mural depicts a deer being hunted with a net.

"This discovery shows an architectural and iconographic tradition different from what has been known until now," said Alva, who discovered and is the museum director for another important pre-Incan find, the nearby Lords of Sipan Moche Tombs.

The carbon dating tests, conducted in the United States, indicate that the site is 4,000 years old, he claimed.

Full story with pics here.

Obviously, the unknown architecture and iconography foreshadow jesus. The white is our souls after being washed clean in the red of his blood. The deer is jesus being captured in the net of the evil Jews as a sacrifice for our sins. The staircase represents the descent into hell and damnation as well as the return into light. All this 2000 years before he came to earth and actually did it these things. Amazing stuff. I just wish the people working on the project weren't so blinded by their carnal selves that they couldn't read this truth into their findings.

mwc

Unearthed in Peru's archeologically rich northern coastal desert, the temple has a staircase leading to an altar that was used for worshipping fire and making offerings to deities, Walter Alva, who headed the three-month excavation, told El Comercio.

Some of the walls of the 27,000-square-foot site — almost half the size of a football field — were painted, and a white and red mural depicts a deer being hunted with a net.

"This discovery shows an architectural and iconographic tradition different from what has been known until now," said Alva, who discovered and is the museum director for another important pre-Incan find, the nearby Lords of Sipan Moche Tombs.

The carbon dating tests, conducted in the United States, indicate that the site is 4,000 years old, he claimed.

Obviously, the unknown architecture and iconography foreshadow jesus. The white is our souls after being washed clean in the red of his blood. The deer is jesus being captured in the net of the evil Jews as a sacrifice for our sins. The staircase represents the descent into hell and damnation as well as the return into light. All this 2000 years before he came to earth and actually did it these things. Amazing stuff. I just wish the people working on the project weren't so blinded by their carnal selves that they couldn't read this truth into their findings.

mwc

LOL it looks like the gridlines from Star Trek's holodeck!

Evidence Picard and Data timetraveled to out past!

mwc

:)MWC, thanks for the great article! You guys must have great eyes, as I was unable to see all that detail. However, I'm sure that symbolism was quite common then, as their vocabulary must have been very limited. The mural is probably symbolic of something. Cuneiform was a symbolic style of writing, so it would make sense that it was derived from an oral style of symbolic communication that was prevalent for those times. Since this does preceed the era of jesus, isn't it a bit of a stretch to specifically incorporate this into that story? Obviously the innocent being captured and slaughtered as a sacrifice for mercy to the gods, for our wrong doing, was a recurrent theme popular for millenias back then.

I'm curious as to why they refer to this civilization that made this mural as an advanced civilization. Is part of that criteria if they make their bricks instead of using rocks?

Hey Amanda.

Most of my commentary was overflow sarcasm from dealing with our friend Kratos in another thread. I was making a point that if one wants to see a certain symbolism then they can and will see that symbolism even when it is not warranted. You caught the fact that the South American people shouldn't be affected by anything going on in the Near East much less 2000 years prior to the events (or allowing for any events to be anything more than allegory we're talking these guys are roughly parallel with Abram and if my interpretation of their symbols were taken seriously they would have a more evolved xian theology than what the bible has for the same period which is ridiculous).

I'm not sure what criteria they used to determine the advanced status of these people since I'm really not too familiar with archaeology from that part of the world. I imagine they compared them to groups from similar times and places and they had more advanced building techniques and possibly more advanced art/pottery. I should probably do a little more reading to see if I can find some more info on these people so I don't have to just guess.

mwc

I was making a point that if one wants to see a certain symbolism then they can and will see that symbolism even when it is not warranted.

:phew: MWC, being unfamiliar with the other thread, I was surprised that you wrote about the mural being a correlation to the bible. You are always so knowledgeable, I was curious as to how you derived that. Now I know the rest of the story. :HaHa:

So the temple where they unearthed this mural is said to be 4,000 years old, in Peru. I think the mural is the oldest mural found in the Americas, yet a bit rustic compared to Mediterranean standards. It seems to really show just how amazingly progressive the Egyptians were, doesn't it?

:phew: MWC, being unfamiliar with the other thread, I was surprised that you wrote about the mural being a correlation to the bible. You are always so knowledgeable, I was curious as to how you derived that. Now I know the rest of the story. :HaHa:

I was blowing off some steam so I think I was the only one who understood what I was talking about (not like it would be the first time).

So the temple where they unearthed this mural is said to be 4,000 years old, in Peru. I think the mural is the oldest mural found in the Americas, yet a bit rustic compared to Mediterranean standards. It seems to really show just how amazingly progressive the Egyptians were, doesn't it?

It's not fair to compare the two cultures.

It's also hard to say what was going on from the images but that could simply all reflect the tastes of the day. I rather like the colors of this one:

4_461.jpg

mwc

</piffle=ON>

OBVIousLLY mwc is a religious bigot!

That is the MORMON story you see in NEW WORLD ROCKS! HOW DARE YOoOU tell teh story of JEEEZUS and not mention the HOLY DAY TRIPPERS from BooK oF Moron?

Fuk'ln xtian only excavator interpreters!

Sheeze, gonna rat you out to JoE SMITH!

kFL

:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks, K. I needed that.

Gah! I's a bigot! :HappyCry:

mwc

[quote name='Amanda'

It's not fair to compare the two cultures.

MWC, why do you say that? Am I being unfair in the regards in which I'm judging the difference?

It just seems that 4000 years ago, the artwork in Egypt seemed to be more intricate... according to standards I'm use to using... :shrug:

MWC, why do you say that? Am I being unfair in the regards in which I'm judging the difference?

It just seems that 4000 years ago, the artwork in Egypt seemed to be more intricate... according to standards I'm use to using... :shrug:

Here's some Incan art:

f06stri3.jpg

It's from around 1450CE. This is very recent (less than 600 years ago) but it looks very rustic compared to even the ancient Egyptian art from nearly 4000 years ago. The Incans had an empire roughly the size of the Roman Empire and, to our knowledge, did it all without a written language (they had some strange "knots" that we can't understand).

If we only compared the artwork we'd assume the Incans were some backwater losers and the Egyptians were the greatest thing since sliced bread but the Incans built places like Machu Picchu (at least we think they did):

SPLASH00263-Large.jpg

The art could look rustic simply because that was the style they preferred. The Egyptians liked their art. Indians theirs. Chinese theirs and on down the line. Does it really reflect the sophistication of the people especially considering how subjective it is? The use of color shows they had the ability to mix and use colors instead of just using charcoal. This shows a technical ability which moves beyond the subjective.

mwc