Goodbye Jesus

4 Questions To Ask An Evolutionist

Lunar Shadow

Guest Joseph
Maybe the age has affected it too. I used to be better on multitasking, but with age I’m getting more scatterbrained instead.

I think mine is tied to a specific mental disorder and fatigue for the most part. There was a time inwhich I was working extremely long days under incredible stress and that effected/affected me more than I like to think about.

True. I would have been labeled ADD when I was kid, but it didn’t exist as a diagnosis. ADD might have existed as a fringe trait since forever, but it starts to get more attention. And of course it could be the other way around, that kids are getting the ADD syndrome as an effect of society and the stress in contains.

Even our schools are different from historical reference. Kids have various teachers and classes. Compare to either being taught at home before going out to plow the field and/or being taught in a single school house.

I rather would have mice die faster, because they bug me when they get into the attic. Chew on my network cables. Damn rats!

Heh, I get the joke, but realize that the regenerative qualities discovered in lab rats can be extrapolated to humans. Thus if we could make a rat live double the natural lifespan there is nothing stopping us from having a human do the same. That would mean 140 years at present on the low side (if you take 70 as lifespan).

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I wasn’t sure if I remembered right, so I called it something else.  Hmmm. To repair the already damaged DNA… I haven’t heard that before, that’s a pretty good idea. It will take some time before we get Nanobots to do it, but who knows, the computer technology revolution went incredible fast.

Once the first nanobots are generated, technology from that point forward will progress at rates which we have never believed. It will open the age of quantum computing which will solve complex protein problems overnight. Imagine having small nanobots which act as "cells" in the body and can repair and/or take over for a failed natural component and even have the ability to self replicate if their numbers are diminishes and/or to increase number if a great deal of damage is done at any given time.

I had forgotten about that part in Revelation. I remember one or two sermons where this was brought up. That science would make us live forever, and we couldn’t die, and people would scream for death…

There is always fire. Destroy the cell on a level that is without repair. The "right to die" would not be possible to stop from a technological stance as it is much more complex to keep life going than it is to end it.

Now, there is always the fear of the "gray goo" happening, but that is for another thread entirely perhaps. That is when something self-replicating takes over a given world and uses all known matter on that world until there is nothing left but that self-replicating device/item(s). There is also perhaps the idea of the "borg" hypothesis inwhich nanobots become self-aware and use mankind as "transportation devices" which operate in a "hive" type mind.

For any given technological advance however there is always the evils that could result.

I’m just hoping for some nano-tech to repair and re-grow spinal nerves, for my son, and/or exoskeleton with mind-remote.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...neuroprosthesis

"Neuroprosthesis" (<-do a google search) as that is probably the first thing that would give you some hope. Everything else would be distant future help.

Joseph, You are a true Trekkie speaking.

Did you ever catch the little witty comment the girl made in First Contact, the earthgirl first to hear about the Borgs, and she said "It sounds Swedish." - that's my favorite.

Live long and prosper.

Oh....my....god...

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

This is why its so hard to make parody fundy christian sites . They really are that stupid . :banghead:

When you're RIGHT.. You're RIGHT! :)

2.  Do you know the difference between microevolution and macroevolution?

Microevolution (variation or natural selection):  You are taller than your grandpa (true).  Macroevolution: your great, great, great grandpa was bacteria (false).

I know those terms are both misused by creationists in a bullshit attempt to create a barrier to prevent speciation.

Well... Answers have been printed up and delivered to the church from which the questions came we will see what fallout comes form this revelation tomorrow evening. :fdevil: