Goodbye Jesus

Dinosaur Drawings?

soor

I was lisening to a show today on museums that have artifacts (museum at budapest for one) from 500 bc to 400 ad of drawings on vases of dinosaurs attacking gazelles. My question is..we did not know what dinosaurs looked like until a couple of hundred yeas ago because science was not that advanced to reconstruct the bones and give us a good look at what these beasts look like. How could people 1500 to 2500 years ago have been able to draw a dinosaur if they had never seen one??

Are you sure the images didn't depict dragons? Dragons are old mythical creatures (maybe thousands of years BCE), and they would look very similar to dinosaurs. If that's the case it's more of a coincident.

Besides, who knows, maybe there were some dinosaurs still living back then? We do have dinosaurs still alive today afterall.

(Oh, found a creationist website with some pictures. link)

I was lisening to a show today on museums that have artifacts (museum at budapest for one) from 500 bc to 400 ad of drawings on vases of dinosaurs attacking gazelles. My question is..we did not know what dinosaurs looked like until a couple of hundred yeas ago because science was not that advanced to reconstruct the bones and give us a good look at what these beasts look like. How could people 1500 to 2500 years ago have been able to draw a dinosaur if they had never seen one??

How do you know the drawings were as they described them? How do you know the drawings even exist? Mostly such depections are cultural, and mythological, and have nothing to do with an actual animal that existed at the same time the artist did. And, as Hans said, they're mostly depictions of dragons, not dinosaurs.

Besides, who knows, maybe there were some dinosaurs still living back then? We do have dinosaurs still alive today afterall.

What dinosaurs are alive today? didn't they all die out millions of years ago? aleast more then 6000 years ago??

What dinosaurs are alive today? didn't they all die out millions of years ago? aleast more then 6000 years ago??

Alligators, crocodiles, komodo dragons, etc. Most modern birds are supposively ancestors of dinos.

Large dinosaurs died out ~65 million years ago. Modern humans entered the picture ~100,000 years ago. Human ancestors, depending on definitions, ~3 million years ago.

As someone else mentioned; birds and many reptiles are direct descendants of those dinosaurs.

Birds are closely related to dinos.

And when I looked at some of the "evidence", I started to suspect that some of those dino-miniature-statues are fakes. They're way to perfect to be made 2-3000 years ago. And even if they were that perfectly made, they wouldn't survive to that quality. I have a 2500 old ring, and a lot of the details are gone because of slow deterioration (oxygen, water and pollution) It's not totally uncommon for Christimaniacs to lie and create fake "evidence". They've done it for the last 2000 years.

I have a few ideas about this.

One is that if you think that the world is only 6000 years old then the drawings you find can't be any older than that so your time line will be skewed accordingly. The cave drawings and so on will be then placed in a closer period than it should be so an ice-age type animal (which in those drawings are difficult to impossible to distinguish from a true dino) would be seen to co-exist with humans.

The next is that people have always found skeletons of ice-age animals and dinos and have tried to piece them back together. The Greeks certainly did this so it's not a stretch to think others did as well. The animals they got may have been close to the original (if they found a complete fossil and did a decent job with it) or something completely crazy if they found bits and pieces and/or multiple skeletons together (the most likely origin for things like griffins or "angels").

Finally, we thought that the giant squid was just a legend for the most part since we kept not finding dead ones. Sailors and others kept insisting that they were still out there alive and kicking and finally they spotted them in the wild (and caught a real monster of a squid...cave painting worthy). Perhaps the drawings we have are the carcasses of the last of the breed or some corpse the villagers found somewhere? The drawings fail to tell the whole story. What is told is if these things were around en masse like is asserted then the dino bones would be mixed in with the villager bones that hunted them and drew the pictures. The rest of their prey is but these mighty beasts are nowhere to be found (well, they're found in the layers that are predicted by evolution so unless the villagers decided to bury the bones at a certain depth all over the planet for fun it seems a bit strange).

mwc

...... How could people 1500 to 2500 years ago have been able to draw a dinosaur if they had never seen one??

Easy .... it wasn't a dinosaur.

It was probably something like this:

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/austral...nsters-nsw.html

This is a Megalania Prisca - it lived only 10,000 years ago. It was as big as a dinosaur, but ... it was just a very, very large monitor lizard. The nearest closest reletive is the goanna lizard found in Australia today or the large komodo dragon monitor.

These creatures really existed. The aboriginal people dealt with them - i.e. had to fight them off - were killed by them, etc.

No one saw a dinosaur, because there isn't any. We do know that large lizards existed in the past - Megalania Prisca is proof. And we do know that humans co-exhisted with them.

There's the origin of your story.

Spatz

P.S: And yes, I've seen the skeleton and it is enormous. Go to the Queensland museum in Brisbane to see it. They have a complete skeleton.

The Ica stones from Peru are similar. They depict "dinosaurs" and humans living together, plus all kinds of modern technology supposedly from thousands of years ago. :Hmm:

One of the better articles that debunks the Ica stones is a christian site. Answers in Idiocy Group (AIG) has it on their website as debunked, which is amazing in itself.

Creationist.org has it listed as valid evidence. I guess they just ignore all the contradictory modern technology depicted. :lmao:

Stuff like this would have supporting evidence if it was true. You also need to look for other explanations. The "can it be falsified" approach and test it. Everything so far fails.