Goodbye Jesus

Judgment Day

xandermac

Did anyone else here see the documentary on PBS last night call Judgment Day Intelligent Design on Trial? It could be a rerun I'm not sure. I feel like an idiot because I learned things that I didn't know about evolution. Some of the evidence that has been discovered to support evolution I'd never heard a thing about. They said even reporters at the Dover Trial were astonished that they had never heard about some of these discoveries. One scientist said its because the creationist try to keep it covered up. Its amazing what I'm learning since I've opened my mind to it.

I missed it. But PBS will have the show for online watching the 16th November. link

Of course most people don't hear all the evidence for Evolution. I watched a bit of the Discovery (Creationism) Institute anti-video, and ... it was only personal attacks on people and no data, no facts, no argument, only ad homs. When will it dawn on them that fact and evidence isn't about arguing who has the ugliest funny hat, but real data? ... oh, I know... they don't believe in Evolution, they believe in De-evolution and they're the living proofs of how much they're degenerating into stupidity.

I watched about half of the show. I became almost sorry for the few people who showed up trying to produce their "evidence" for intelligent design (a/k/a creation science). The show exposed the dishonest way the creationists quote other scientists out of context and re-lable their ideas as "intelligent design" to make it more palatable to the general public and get it into the schools. These dishonest tactics have been going on for many years. I remember when the theory of punctuated equilibrium was used by the creationists to support their cause, when the scientist who developed the theory, Stephen J. Gould, said creation science was garbage.

It was sad to see the ignorance and black and white thinking of the school board members they interviewed who wanted to have intelligent design in the classroom along with evolution. They can't conceive of how someone can be religious and also accept evolution.

I heard about this last night in my anthropology class. I think it's playing again tomorrow (thursday).

I watched the whole two hours last night. It was very interesting, especially the second half. What really stuck in my mind were the death threats the judge got after his ruling in favor of the plaintiffs. These wonderful Christian folks were out for blood when they did not get their way. In addition it was determined that many school board members (The Creationists in disguise) had lied under oath. Apparently it is okay to “bear false witness” when you are doing it for the greater good. They may be charged with perjury.

If the judge had ruled the other way do you think the scientific community would have sent death threats to the judge?

IBF

PBS Now have the show for online viewing here: link

I think it's a must see for everyone. It contains facts about Evolution that is very essential in making a case against Creationism.

For instance, I didn't know about the explanation to why apes got 24 chromosomes and humans only 23. Genetics and microbiology have the physical and observable proof for Evolution in that single evidence.

Looks like a great program. I'm watching it online. Thanks for the link, Brother Han! Glory!

Guest EricTheBlue
If the judge had ruled the other way do you think the scientific community would have sent death threats to the judge?

The scientists would be too busy banging their heads against nearby walls in frustration. Or running off to the labs/digs to do more research and get more evidence of evolution.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that seemed like a quick two hours. That was a good watch, I liked they didn't spend all of the time bashing the IDiots, but spent a good chunk showing why evolution is the only theory. But I didn't really like the guy who played Ken Miller, I thought he came across as too arrogant. But maybe he is like that, IDK.

Did anyone else here see the documentary on PBS last night call Judgment Day Intelligent Design on Trial? It could be a rerun I'm not sure. I feel like an idiot because I learned things that I didn't know about evolution. Some of the evidence that has been discovered to support evolution I'd never heard a thing about. They said even reporters at the Dover Trial were astonished that they had never heard about some of these discoveries. One scientist said its because the creationist try to keep it covered up. Its amazing what I'm learning since I've opened my mind to it.

Watched it and it just confirmed my view of the intelligent design / creation science movement.

It just made me even more sure that these people are on the same level as criminals - they're willing to throw away the constitution of their own country to support their own particular view of a religion.

It just proved to me that it never was and never will be about god or morality - it's purely about and always will be about dominion.

Thanks - it was a good pointer Xandermac.

Spatz