Goodbye Jesus

Scientists 'raise the dead' in experiment

Fweethawt

Zombies rising from the dead sound like the stuff of horror films and nightmares - but it could soon be reality.

Scientists have discovered a way to bring dead dogs back to life. (Muffy? :HappyCry: ) :HaHa:

Using a so-called suspended animation technique, they emptied the dead animals' veins of blood and filled them with ice-cold saline solution to preserve the tissues and organs.

The animals had no heartbeat or brain activity and were classed as being clinically dead.

The saline solution was then replaced with fresh blood and electric shocks were used to restart the heart. The dogs appeared unharmed by their suspension and had suffered no brain damage

Scientists at the Safar Centre in Pittsburgh hope to use the technique on humans within a year and are in talks with hospitals about trials on trauma patients.

They believe it could save the lives of people who have suffered massive blood loss, such as battlefield casualties or stabbings victims.

'The results are stunning. They have these dogs with complete cardiac standstill for three hours and they recover to normality,' said trauma surgeon Dr Howard Champion.

FROM HERE

Guest JP1283

This could be a pretty good experiment...a person would be declared dead with no brain activity and no heartbeat, and then brought back to life. They could report what kind of afterlife there was or was not. Then we would finally know what happens after we die!

This could be a pretty good experiment...a person would be declared dead with no brain activity and no heartbeat, and then brought back to life.  They could report what kind of afterlife there was or was not.  Then we would finally know what happens after we die!

That would be interesting.

Especially if the experiment were performed on a willing atheist. :scratch:

Especially if the experiment were performed on a willing atheist.  :scratch:

I volunteer........

Purple Rhino :wicked:

I know.

Do this to someone, keep him dead for 3 days, wake him up, and call him Jebuz!

Yay! Finally can we make our own religion!

[wacko-mode]

That is exactly what the alienMaster from SR-388 already did! The aliens use religions to control the earth polulation and they used this very techique to get people to follow Jesus who was mind controlled by the aliens! I can know it, because I saw I bright light in the sky and I was nearly abducted!

[/wacko-mode]

Seriously, call me conservative but I think this is a very dangerous thing. If they could do this on anybody you can revive evil people too. And I believe there should be a limit to this kind of scientific 'advances' in the end nothing good comes from it. (pessimistic is)

And about afterlives...God is all knowing so He wouldn't let anybody in heaven if they are going to be resurected later. At least that's what I'd say if I were a christian.

Or there really is an afterlife in those short periods of death but I don't think that we should do things like this to find out.

Seriously, call me conservative but I think this is a very dangerous thing. If they could do this on anybody you can revive evil people too. And I believe there should be a limit to this kind of scientific 'advances' in the end nothing good comes from it. (pessimistic is)

And about afterlives...God is all knowing so He wouldn't let anybody in heaven if they are going to be resurected later. At least that's what I'd say if I were a christian.

Or there really is an afterlife in those short periods of death but I don't think that we should do things like this to find out.

On the other hand if Heaven and Hell does exist, and we have the evil dude dead for a couple of days, maybe he come back a changed person...

If that works, maybe that would be the new death penalty. Kill him for 3 days, bring him back, and he'll change his ways.

On a more serious note, it could be very usefull for the medical field. Patients that can't be operated on while they're live. Like certain brain surgeries, they already put people to clinical death for 15-20 mintues and then bring them back. Now they could take their time.

I'm curious what our resident christians think.

If it turns out they are able to "kill" a human for several days (or longer) and then bring him back to life, apparently unchanged, what would that say about souls, afterlives, etc?

Souls become ghouls instead.

I know.

I'm going to make you a bet.

I bet you a hundred billion imaginary dollars* that Jason Gastrich is going to use this as proof that it is medically possible to revive after three days, regardless of the fact that nobody could have done this back then.

*Imaginary money cannot be redeemed for real money.

I'm going to make you a bet.

I bet you a hundred billion imaginary dollars* that Jason Gastrich is going to use this as proof that it is medically possible to revive after three days, regardless of the fact that nobody could have done this back then.

*Imaginary money cannot be redeemed for real money.

I think they did it already with Jason himself, but they forgot to replace the saline with blood again. He's still brain dead... :)

But imagine to use this for brain surgeries, space travel, wow finally Suspended Animation could be real soon!

We don't need Red Dwarf Time Stasis Field then!

This could be a pretty good experiment...a person would be declared dead with no brain activity and no heartbeat, and then brought back to life.  They could report what kind of afterlife there was or was not.  Then we would finally know what happens after we die!

To make it a real experiment, there would have to be a way to verify that whatever they report is accurate. This perhaps could be done by selecting people from diffrent backgrounds for the experiment and see if the result line up.

What do you know? Such an experiment has basicaly been done in near death cases. In each case, the experience seems to mirror their expectations. So either the afterlife is whatever you expect it to be, or there is no afterlife.

In many near death experiences, people claim to have hovered at the top of the room looking down on thir body. So, an experiment could include placing some sort of symbol in a position where it would be easily seen by someone looking down from the top of the room, and see if the person can identify what the symbol was after the fact.

Guest aexapo
On the other hand if Heaven and Hell does exist, and we have the evil dude dead for a couple of days, maybe he come back a changed person...

If that works, maybe that would be the new death penalty. Kill him for 3 days, bring him back, and he'll change his ways.

On a more serious note, it could be very usefull for the medical field. Patients that can't be operated on while they're live. Like certain brain surgeries, they already put people to clinical death for 15-20 mintues and then bring them back. Now they could take their time.

This is a problem with advanced tumors, especially with massive metastasis. The big danger of "extractive" surgery for such tumors is the fact that the blood enriched tumors will cause the patient to bleed to death on the table before the tumor(s) could be removed and blood flow rerouted or cauterized.

This is a problem with advanced tumors, especially with massive metastasis.  The big danger of "extractive" surgery for such tumors is the fact that the blood enriched tumors will cause the patient to bleed to death on the table before the tumor(s) could be removed and blood flow rerouted or cauterized.

Right, and from what I understand is that they put the patient in a "clinical death" stasis, but they can only keep the patient under for 20 minutes, then they have to be revived. And it's stressful and danger of making mistakes.

With this technique they could be under for longer time, and the surgery could be done with more precision.

Well if you ask me it's about time science did something like this. As witness current events and history both it would seem much of science has been devoted to lowering the living rather than raising the dead.

Casey

And if they see Krishna, Buddha or Mohammed, they will claim that Satan fooled them, and they were going to hell.

I WANNA BE THE FIRST HUMAN VOLUNTEER!!!

i wanna see what is (or is not) after death

Especially if the experiment were performed on a willing atheist.  :scratch:

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEPICKMEEEEEMEMEMEPICKME!

sorry, i freaked when i read that.. i had the idea of being put in a state of non-permanent death to voyage to the "afterlife" and report the findings upon revival YEARS ago, and have been obsessed with it ever since.. and now that is somewhat POSSIBLE.. wow.

This is scary stuff.  I don't like it one bit. :phew:

I agree.

out of curiosity, when did zombies become a good thing to have around? :scratch:

I agree.

out of curiosity, when did zombies become a good thing to have around? :scratch:

Since heart surgery became feasible.

They could report what kind of afterlife there was or was not. Then we would finally know what happens after we die!

Let me guess:

I see a long, dark tunnel, and a really bright light.

Wait, those are headlights and I'm a fly...aaaaugh!

Smilie verson.....

:68:

----> :SUCK::bukkake:

----> :huh::argue::brutal_01:

----> :jesus::beg:

-- -> :fdevil::help:

I know.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think this is great. It will be really interesting to see what other ideas will come from this process. :woohoo:

I think this is great. It will be really interesting to see what other ideas will come from this process. 

Or how many new cults spring up. Hey, maybe one of them will replace Christianity and will be less annoying.