Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Can Be A Suicide Cult Too.

gusdafa

"They have covered the entrance and refuse to come out and are threatening to blow themselves up," an official in the local prosecutor's office told Reuters by telephone. "They threaten to detonate a gas tank and blow themselves up."

I say let them put their money where their mouth is. Natural selection is a glorious thing. :Hmm:

Guest chinamoon

Cult roughly refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding culture considers outside the mainstream, with a notably positive or negative popular perception. In common or populist usage, "cult" has a positive connotation for groups of art, music, writing, fiction, and fashion devotees,[1] but a negative connotation for new religious, extreme political, questionable therapeutic, and pyramidal business groups.[2] For this reason, most, if not all, non-fan groups that are called cults reject this label.

The above i got from wikipedia and I think that chrisitianity pretty much fits the definition !!!! hey any takers ??????

Sorry havent been around for a while had a huge spin out like a detox regarding church and life and men and then i had my yearly exams in it all any way alls good and looking forward to a exmas, where we do nothing about anything just party hard .......

Hi, I think most of us realize the term cult fits Christianity. To me, it fits any religion not able to prove their claims are true. However most, if not all, Christians will automatically disagree that they are just in a cult. I would, however disagree that Christianity is outside the mainstream. Christianity is the mainstream, and non-believers are a minority, at least in the U.S. That is the problem.

I would say a better definition of a cult is this one from Merriam Webster online:

1: formal religious veneration : worship

2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

3: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents

4: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

5 a: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad

b: the object of such devotion

c: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion.

Christianity definitely fits that, at least 1, 2, and 5. 3 is debatable, certainly excers would say it is spurious, but most people would not.