Goodbye Jesus

Miscellaneous Rant

Amethyst

I was at my grandma's for thanksgiving and am home now. I went to church with her and my parents only because life is short and I wanted to spend time with my grandma.

One of the hymns was about how we're supposed to be thankful for how Biblegod is reading our minds and judging our thoughts. Excuuuuse me? Thankful for thought crime? Does nobody else find that idea creepy? If human beings could actually read thoughts, and it was scientifically proven and widely known, I think a lot of people would have a very hard time with that concept. But yet a being can read your mind and send you to hell to be tortured eternally for thinking the wrong thing and you are supposed to be grateful for that? WTF???

Also my grandma's neighbor was there for lunch on Wednesday, and her religious talk was driving me up the wall. She let her daughter illegally ride a freight train and hitchhike across the country when her daughter was a teenager, and because she prayed and her daughter was okay, it was ZOMG a Miracle. But I have to wonder why in the world, if she was really that worried, then why not just say no to the kid in the first place? It is beyond me how parents let their kids do stuff and then worry about them and attribute them being okay to Biblegod when it is simply LUCK. How many more teenagers do that kind of stuff and don't end up okay? But of course if they don't end up okay, then it is still All In God's Plan . Arrrrgh, that kind of brainwashed thinking drives me up the wall. :banghead:

Anyway, I'm home now and religion free till the next holiday.

I was at my grandma's for thanksgiving and am home now. I went to church with her and my parents only because life is short and I wanted to spend time with my grandma.

One of the hymns was about how we're supposed to be thankful for how Biblegod is reading our minds and judging our thoughts. Excuuuuse me? Thankful for thought crime? Does nobody else find that idea creepy?

If god is reading my mind and seeing through my eyes hes looked at a lot of asses and heard me say " damn I'd love to tap that!" lol

Creepy idea indeed!

The implication being, I guess, that we should be thankful since we can't be trusted even with our own thoughts. Yep, I smell bullshit as well.

Here's how I used to see it. People always misunderstood me and falsely charged me for wrong motives. I felt convinced that God didn't because God could see into my heart and mind and he could see that my motives were pure and that I really was a good person even though humans didn't think so. I felt pretty grateful for that. I didn't have to fear hell based on how humans judged me. God was the righteous judge and he would judge fairly. That's what they said in the sermons and I believed it.

As for sending kids on dangerous errands then thanking god for keeping them safe until your dying day--that's bullshit. Nobody's that special.

One of the hymns was about how we're supposed to be thankful for how Biblegod is reading our minds and judging our thoughts. Excuuuuse me? Thankful for thought crime? Does nobody else find that idea creepy?

Oh, HELL yes. The Eternal Eavesdropper / Busybody of the Universe wants to keep track of my every thought? And then I suppose I'll have to watch the whole thing like a home movie at the great white throne judgment, just before the trap door trips.

What a fucked up way to live. Can't even own your own brain.

No thank you. No more for me.