Goodbye Jesus

Can't Add Much To This Pic...

nivek

Protection_by_raftergoblin.jpg

kFL

IF she knows how to use the gun, then the gun is the best bet. If she doesn't, then the condom.

Prayer. Prayer would protect her health best. :HaHa:

I don't see what difference the condom would make. Does it shoot anti-rapist goo? 99% of the time the rapist isn't going to give the girl a chance to ask him to use it...100% of the time he won't use it anyway.

She should probably distract the rapist with her phone, shoot the rapist in the knees, and then strangle him with the condom...

But let's not forget: Statistically, she's far, far more likely to get hit by a bus crossing the street to buy the gun than she is encountering a rapist with AIDS in her lifetime.........

Lemme 'splain:

40,000 traffic fatalities annually in the US. Est. 350,000 rapes in the US annually, though the VAST majority of rapes aren't the "pervert jumping out of the bushes in central park" type, they're really cases of domestic violence (hey, nice to have a gun present in the home for one of those, eh?), and settled in court as such. Let's , EXTREMELY GENEROUSLY (speaking from professional experience), that 25% are "perv from the bushes" type. That's approx. 85,000 real rapes each year. Now, assuming that AIDS patients are just as likely to commit rape as everyone else (in actuality probably far LESS likely, due to sexual orientation, lack of health/vitality, etc), and the AIDS rate across the board for both genders and all ages is 1.5%, then we get 1,200 rapes with AIDS as a complicating factor annually. And that's being generous.

The average woman would have to wait millenia before she got raped by a man with AIDS! Unless he is in the family, then she might only have to wait centuries.

I think a handgun is a little different than an MP5. Granted the MP5 is still sexy. Although being prepared is a very good thing.

You'd better hope the handgun doesn't get into the hands of the rapist.

It's important to note what these messages fail to tell you - that handguns are responsible for a multitude of accidental deaths and homicides that could have otherwise been prevented were stricter gun laws in place. The situation envisioned in this picture is unlikely in the extreme, in comparison to the number of gun deaths that could be prevented. It's all about balance, and the big picture.

And for the record, I don't see what's so bad about rape anyway, in this day and age of the 'morning after' pill. Ever get your ass kicked in high school? Well, boys get their ass kicked, girls get raped, it's about the same. Same feeling of helplessness and violation. I mean, if I got a few teeth knocked out in a schoolyard fight, and the assailant threw in some anal sodomy for good measure, it wouldn't make a whole huge difference to me. Not the difference between a misdemeanor and a class A felony anyway.

I wonder why...

Let the shitstorm begin.

It's important to note what these messages fail to tell you - that handguns are responsible for a multitude of accidental deaths and homicides that could have otherwise been prevented were stricter gun laws in place. The situation envisioned in this picture is unlikely in the extreme, in comparison to the number of gun deaths that could be prevented. It's all about balance, and the big picture.

Excellent point

Doc,

Quite interesting that these statistics get dragged into an anti-rape thread.. Please provide source stats please.

kFL

In the U.S. for 2001, there were 29,573 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 16,869; Homicide 11,348; Accident 802; Legal Intervention 323; Undetermined 231.(CDC, 2004) This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, but has since declined steadily.(CDC, 2001) However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2004).

And for the record, I don't see what's so bad about rape anyway, in this day and age of the 'morning after' pill. Ever get your ass kicked in high school? Well, boys get their ass kicked, girls get raped, it's about the same. Same feeling of helplessness and violation. I mean, if I got a few teeth knocked out in a schoolyard fight, and the assailant threw in some anal sodomy for good measure, it wouldn't make a whole huge difference to me. Not the difference between a misdemeanor and a class A felony anyway.

I wonder why...

Let the shitstorm begin.

This by far is the most ignorant, Dumbass, inhumane, crass statement I have EVER seen posted in all my years here at ex-C. You're not only showing your lack of understanding about rape, you show a mere flippant attitude of So what, just take this pill as if the only 'big deal' about rape is becoming pregnant. Being raped in your mind is tantamount to a unpleasant one night stand seems like to me. Seek Help...

I'm so absolutely shocked by your statements here and boarding on boiling with rage I just can't find words creative enough to tell you to seek help, you sound like a major sociopath.

In the U.S. for 2001, there were 29,573 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 16,869; Homicide 11,348; Accident 802; Legal Intervention 323; Undetermined 231.(CDC, 2004) This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, but has since declined steadily.(CDC, 2001) However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2004).

Dan,

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_19.pdf

However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2004).

Better and more fleshed out stats on death. When compared to the leading causes of death for the sub 18 years old children, firearms aren't anywhere on the "top ten" list.

Don't know if I'm up to arguing the merits of firearms ownership in still another thread. We've got a lengthy discussion already we can drag up from basement and begin to beat up on again.

kL

Hey! I posted the stats plain and simple! You linked to a 120 page government document! No fair! After a quick skim, I didn't see any age-related stats except for infants. But i might have overlooked.

I wonder why...

Let the shitstorm begin.

This by far is the most ignorant, Dumbass, inhumane, crass statement I have EVER seen posted in all my years here at ex-C. You're not only showing your lack of understanding about rape, you show a mere flippant attitude of So what, just take this pill as if the only 'big deal' about rape is becoming pregnant. Being raped in your mind is tantamount to a unpleasant one night stand seems like to me. Seek Help...

I'm so absolutely shocked by your statements here and boarding on boiling with rage I just can't find words creative enough to tell you to seek help, you sound like a major sociopath.

:HaHa:

Somehow, Japedo, somehow, I just had the notion you would be the first to chime in!! My sixth sense rarely fails me.

Boiling with rage? Over some comments posted on a message board? Are you sure I'm the one who should seek help? I can't remember the last time I let my anger get out of control.

Isn't it a thin line between free thought and sociopathy? Perhaps you meant psychopath, but you'd be wrong. I wouldn't hurt a fly because I think hurting flies is wrong across the board. Yes, by most definitions I'm neurotic, but I don't think I need help just yet. I'm doing fine.

Please explain to me why rape is so much worse than getting teeth knocked out, fingers broken, and eyes blackened in a schoolyard or barroom fight, because I don't see it outside of the context of western culture. I'm not saying rape isn't bad, but I fail to see why rape is a felony and simple assault is a misdemeanor.

Western culture as a whole needs to quit making sex so sacred. It's a neurotic obsession of western culture, and you don't really see it for what it is until you're on the outside looking in.

Anyway, sorry if I blasphemed your golden calf, but it's the way I feel, and you'd be dead wrong to censure me. It should be an issue open for objective discussion, because that's what this is, a discussion board. You're a bright person, you might even change my mind.

Edited for bad grammar.

Western culture as a whole needs to quit making sex so sacred. It's a neurotic obsession of western culture, and you don't really see it for what it is until you're on the outside looking in.

Anyway, sorry if I blasphemed your golden calf, but it's the way I feel, and you'd be dead wrong to censure me. It should be an issue open for objective discussion, because that's what this is, a discussion board. You're a bright person, you might even change my mind.

I have only a few things to say Dan. The first being, try making some money off that 6th sense of yours.

2) Words have meaning, at least they do to me. I'm upset over the meaning of your statements. I guess just the blatant dismissive of "big deal" attitude caught me off guard. Yeah, I'm outraged, seething in fact. Just as I become outraged with things the President says or things Pat Robertson says. Yes they have the right to their free thought, but putting it out in public they get to hear the disdain to that thought. Free thoughts aren't guarded from "free objections' to the thoughts once they are put for public comment Dan. I know nothing of your culture and really, if your mindset towards women or rape victims in general is any reflection of that society, I'll kindly stay put where women aren't force fed a pill and told to get the fuck over it already. You keep thinking rape is a type of sex, Your lack of education about this topic is mind-numbing.

3) Perhaps Ex-C is mere words from faceless people on a 'Internet forum to you, it is more then that to me. I have made many friends here, Many people I aspire to become like and others as a glowing example reminding me of how not to be, and thankful that I'm not. I have an emotional attachment to this place, so?

4) MY emotional reaction to your crass statement is I'll admit an emotional one. It's an emotional subject for me. It is impossible to show someone what empathy is, You either have it, or you have void of it I guess. I can not for the life of me imagine life with out having empathy for people. It is impossible to convince someone to feel some compassion when they are obviously incapable of feeling in the first place. It's a useless task.

I will give it a short half hearted attempt as not to be accused of not being able to hold up my side of the complaint here so here it goes.

The depths of having someone force you at will to comply to do things that violate the most private personal parts and aspects of your life is not even on the same level as being punched in the face and losing a few teeth. Teeth can be replaced, the smile restored, A Rape can never be Un-raped, that scar is carried throughout someone's life, thru their marriage, their sex life, love life and so forth. It effects the most private and intimate part of relationships. An act of love can serve as a reminder of one the most brutal experiences of a persons life. It effects every level of a persons life and their families life. Rape is about power and it's only about power and control of another person. It's not about sex. In most cultures, any type of "Sex" is suppose to be between consenting loving (or just fucking around) adults. The Victim can live thru years of what if's .. and a sense of blame. and living the If only question to the point it's as natural as breathing. Until those feelings are shed, confronted and dealt with, that rapist still has power over the victim. It could take years, sometimes a persons entire life.

I think most people have been on the sore end of the bulling stick at some point in their lives. Bulling is about control too I will agree, It's not the same kind of control not even close.

Good point about free objection. Object if you will, but let's keep it civilized. I've been here at ex-c for quite some time too, frequently perusing the forums for hours a day (yeah, get a life, right), and I can safely say I'm not into all the chest thumping that goes on here from time to time. I like it because of the freedom to discuss and object and exchange different opinions. Truly a golden goose if there ever was one. If I had made the same brazen statement on any other board, I probably would've been banned in three seconds flat.

OK, as for my lack of education in the matter, I interviewed and counseled rape victims for 5 years. I know rape is about power and control and I know it's not about sex, but sexual penetration is what differentiates rape from simple assault in the law books. So it's the sexual penetration that bumps it up to a felony.

Lemme tell you a story about something that changed my life...because I let it. My sophomore year of HS, I was jumped by a couple upper classmen on the walk home from school. I was singled out, probably because I was a bit odd in those days and really skinny, not a powerhouse by any means. Easy target. Anyway, my outward appearance didn't betray the fact that I had the heart of a lion, and I got in a good lick or two (the best my skinny arms could muster) before they went wild. One held me from behind while the other whaled on me. I was forced to comply to losing my front teeth, I was forced to comply to having my fingers broken as I tried to break free and started kicking the guy, I was forced to comply to being socked in the gut so many times I vomited blood. I didn't break any ribs, if I had I probably would've punctured a lung and died...but I had no way of knowing it at the time. I thought I was going to be beaten to death. Last, but not least, I was forced to comply to letting them get away because of my mothers 'turn the other cheek' attitude about everything. I swear I could've been murdered and my mum would've said 'turn the other cheek'.

I was catatonic for days. What was previously a straight-A student started failing classes. Any masculine pride or self-confidence I had was obliterated. Afterwards people thought I was a freak because I couldn't look anyone in the eye, I always gazed off to the side when I talked to people. To this day it's a hard habit to break. I was just another notch on some stupid jock's power control belt and I could never have justice. I was violated. It took me years to recover, and insofar as it changed my life I still haven't recovered. It affected my relationship with my family. It made me hate my family. It affected the way I socialize with people at a crucial time of social learning in one's life.

So what's the difference between my experience and a rape? If they had pulled my pants down and anally raped me, I don't think it would've made a bit of difference, except that I would've been shitting blood as well as vomiting blood. I was already maxed out on the emotional trauma.

I'm not asking for sympathy or pity, in fact I'm kind of engaged in an act of self-condemnation. It changed my life because I let it. The punishment I put myself through far outweighed whatever physical wounds I suffered at the hands of those two. If I hadn't been so wound up in self pity, if I had a wise mentor who could talk me out of my state, I could've saved years of agony.

Anyway, there is a sexual element of rape that makes it...rape. I don't see why what happened to me is a misdemeanor, but as soon as Mr. Wang is introduced (penetration of any body cavity is considered rape), it becomes a felony. If he put his dirty foot in my mouth, that would be assault, but if he stuck his dick in my ear that would be rape. So the criminal intent might not be about sex, but the law certainly is.

And for one last time: I'm not Chinese!!! I'm a white anglo-saxon US citizen living in China.

Edited for afterthoughts.

HuaiDan,

I do not believe for one moment that you are telling the truth about your experience with rape victims, and I question your statistics. In addition, you are presenting your argument from a man's perspective--you cannot see the extent of the emotional consequences of sexual penetration because you are a man. You cannot see the justification for sexual penetration being worse than a terrible beating because you are a man. You cannot identify with a woman on the matter.

For a woman, forced sexual penetration a worse violation than the type of beating you described, with more consequences.

HuaiDan,

I do not believe for one moment that you are telling the truth about your experience with rape victims, and I question your statistics. In addition, you are presenting your argument from a man's perspective--you cannot see the extent of the emotional consequences of sexual penetration because you are a man. You cannot see the justification for sexual penetration being worse than a terrible beating because you are a man. You cannot identify with a woman on the matter.

For a woman, forced sexual penetration a worse violation than the type of beating you described, with more consequences.

If you don't believe me , it's your right. But it's my right to tell you to go fuck yourself for calling me a liar.

And you say women's experiences are different than men's? You sexist pig! And it's a self contradictory statement. If you're a woman, how can identify with what a man feels? If you're a man, how can you speak of anything of what a woman goes through? I am the *king* of empathy, so much in fact I practically have no identity of my own he he....

And I can't identify with women on the matter? Wrong. I can't identify with American culture's preconceived notions about how a woman should think and feel. You've been raised since birth to believe rape is one of the most heinous of crimes, so you're inculturated with that idea. In other cultures it's regarded more or less seriously.

And you question which statistics? About the majority of rapes occurring among friends and family? I have experience on that one. Question if you like, I will admit your mileage may vary with the exact figures but I'm pretty sure I'm being verrrryyy generous with the figures. Look it up. Prove me wrong.

Edited because I edit my posts 83.7% of the time.

Let's take a hypothetical human culture where it is considered a grievous insult to pinch someone's nose. All the members of this society would be raised from birth to believe that it was a serious crime to pinch someone's nose, laws would be legislated, people would be arrested and go to jail for it. Victims would be traumatized by it, perhaps ostracized by peers, and their lives devastated because someone pinched their nose. "It's not about being cute," the pundits would say, "it's about power and control, an act of shaming." And indeed it would be, because the society made it taboo, and society created this convenient outlet for those who want to control and have power over others.

See where I'm going with this?

So what's the difference between my experience and a rape?

I know it's rhetorical, but, yeah, nothing. I think this is an issue that women probably don't get. Being violated and humilated the way you were at that age is as tramatic as it gets for a young man. It's a scarlet letter and it takes a strong will of personality to face one's peers eye to eye after that. In some social circles the fallout is more enduring and tramatic than it would be for a rape victim. Most rape victims are given pity by their peers, but an adolescent boy who has been humiliated by the alpha group gets laughed at and worse.

In fact, young men in your situation are often told by society to "just get over it." "Don't be such a pussy." Not many rape victims would be told that.

It changed my life because I let it.

Yeah we do assign meaning to things. But so does society. You are not an island, so your own feelings were reenforced by your peers. As I said, it takes a strong will of personality to overcome that. Most just can't do it.

I don't see why what happened to me is a misdemeanor,

I don't see why it is either. If anything, I'm not sure I'd argue rape should be lowered to a misdemeanor, but that your violation should perhaps be raised to a felony. The legal system would find a way to abuse that though, either selectively applying the law or going nuts with zero tolerance.

Rape may or maybe be falsely glorified as the most heinous crime in our culture... regardless, that doesn't lessen the emotional pain rape does cause; especially to those who live and operate in that culture! I must say I'm rather shocked at your lack of empathy. I'm really at a loss of words. Maybe rape isn't as traumatic for older sexually experienced women, but if being raped is someone's first sexual experience, you better bet she'll be traumatized. Moreso than any fist fight, noogie, getting crammed into a locker, or whatever would do to her.

If anything, I'm not sure I'd argue rape should be lowered to a misdemeanor, but that your violation should perhaps be raised to a felony.

Yes!!!! Exactly!! However, I question whether legislation really improves matters. In the long run, yes, but I tend to feel real personal justice is in revenge, but that just doesn't help things socially.

Rape may or maybe be falsely glorified as the most heinous crime in our culture... regardless, that doesn't lessen the emotional pain rape does cause; especially to those who live and operate in that culture! I must say I'm rather shocked at your lack of empathy. I'm really at a loss of words. Maybe rape isn't as traumatic for older sexually experienced women, but if being raped is someone's first sexual experience, you better bet she'll be traumatized. Moreso than any fist fight, noogie, getting crammed into a locker, or whatever would do to her.

Oh, I don't doubt most of that, but I answered that with cultural indoctrination. And how can you question my empathy when you've clearly just shown you don't empathize with my alpha-male assault recountal?

Edited because recount is a verb and recountal is a noun

Yeah, I do... I'm starting to think that you want to rape my nose. :mellow:

Yeah, I do... I'm starting to think that you want to rape my nose. :mellow:

Hey, I'm keeping the dogs on a lease here, boy lemme tell ya