Goodbye Jesus

This I Believe!

webmdave

• Admin

ByTheBook29.PNG It amazes me that so many otherwise intelligent people, who use reason in every other aspect of their lives, can believe the Christian dogma.

People who would never believe anything even remotely as far-fetched, somehow believe.

People who question the things they hear, see, and read everyday—and require concrete proof before making a judgment or decision—still somehow believe.

How can this be?

Technorati Tags: humor Atheist Bible Christianity Comics humor

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/11...-i-believe.html

My personal explanation is the fear of death. Almost every human fears death and xtians exploit this by offering eternal life, if only you do x and y. Otherwise intelligent adults will swallow almost any story that ends with no death (and/or 72 virgins.) Once you wrap your mind around the fact that we have less than a century (for the most part), then it's over, everything else falls into place.

Without the promise of eternal life and threat of eternal punishment, there would be no xtians. Period.

I think that that is what gets to every atheist, that you have rational people believing in a children's fairy tale. You can prove it wrong all you want and they continue to believe it. They even believe their invisible friend helps them in minor things in their daily life while letting tens of thousands of very young children and babies die every single day.

I don't know if it is fear of death. Young people generally don't give a damn and either think they are going to live forever or they will die before thirty anyway after a wild life. 1 in 2 smokers die from tobacco. Does any smoker care? Possibly a fear of hell though, and god is the one who decides who goes to hell, along with sonny Jesus who is going to deny us to daddy-O.