Goodbye Jesus

Why Do I Still Do This?

Evolution_beyond

Why do I still have a tendency to think "God's a total, utter cunt" or similar when life is being particularly shit to me?

I don't believe God exists, I don't believe there's any such thing as God anymore - so why do I still do this? It's not exactly logical is it?

Maybe it's just my way of saying "look how much I've been duped. How could I ever have believed there was someone looking out for me? Look how unfairly random life really is" :shrug:

god is pounded into us as kids. As we were originally taught that all good things come from god, there is later a feeling that all bad things come from god when we realise how we have been tricked. And how so many other people are still being tricked. Though I gave up religion about four decades ago, I can't stand strong winds (like the one blowing at the moment) and refer to it as "god's fart". My contempt for both.

I think (at least this is true for me) that it could be that part of us that *wants* to believe still and it is just daring God to come out of the woodwork and prove us wrong. Prove that he does exist, that he does care, that he does want to commune with us, etc. Maybe if we call him enough names he'll get sick of it and knock us over the head for real...