Goodbye Jesus

The Price Of Battling The Christian Taliban

brad_religion

What I mean by the truth being reversed is this. While I was in Christianity, there was a systematic principle practiced by almost every church or ministry I went to or watched. Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Fundamentalist baptist, the Prophecy Club, Kent Hovind, Independent church, Messianic, televangelists (such as D James Kennedy, Pat Robertson, John Hagee), etc. The claim of persecution by the minority of non-believers. In other words, they were able to convince me and all the other members that the Christians were being persecuted extremely bad by atheists and the "ACLU".

And I bought it hook, line and sinker. I am still amazed how I could have bought such a big lie. I mean, they said the ACLU has all this power to force Christians to lose their "freedoms", and that was a "bad" thing to me. Of course, they never mentioned the fact that the ACLU has historically also defended the rights of Christians when it comes to their Constitutional rights on other issues and even religious issues at times. They also forgot to mention that the Separation of church and state protects Christians as much as it protects non-Christians. They actually try to convince Christians that neutrality in government is "persecution" rather than a safety precaution. Yes, they want the "freedom" to eliminate all religions from public and government life except their own. Of course, they also didn't tell me that when they said "They have taken prayer out of schools", they forget to mention that it was only school sponsored (tax supported) coersed prayers. Student led prayer has NEVER been removed from schools and what amazed me is that this was plain to see, like "See you at the Pole" which the kids at my church practiced at their respective schools. So, basically, not only did they LIE about the facts, they also convinced me and my fellow sheeple that WE (the 80% majority) were being persecuted so horribly by the atheists (10% minority). That is another reason I am convinced they are the TRUE neo nazis. The villification of a decent minority (jews and/or atheists) and the praise and defense of a wicked minority (nazis and/or dominionists - 12.6% of the Christian population)

I think we can safely say that the Christian Dominionists are today's political nazi movement. Oh, they don't wear the swastika or brown shirts (unless they are military personnel trying to offend a rabbi chaplain). The one thing nazis were good at, as well as the Christian Dommies, is propoganda of the highest proportion. Create a non-existent conspiracy in order to cover up your own real conspiracy against the majority. As Mikey Weinstein clearly shows, these people are already here, they aren't like global warming, down the road, they are fucking here NOW.

The question is what can or will we do? I think if the average pro-Bush Christian were to find out the real agenda of these nazi wannabees, they may just change their mind, but as long as they keep believing Bush is "pro life" which he is not, and believe he protects family values (which he doesn't), they could care less what sinister things he does. Germany wanted a similar thing with Hitler as Chancellor. They were willing to give up their freedoms and accept the nazis in spite of their ideology, because they cared about fixing problems that the nazis made promises to fix. But, when has that ever gone well for anyone?

It is nice to see that 2 of the Dommies have died in the last year, but they have children and/or subordinates who are ready to take the reins of power in case of the death of the father. I am a regular chatter on Yahoo chat and ever since coming to atheism, I notice a dominionist mentality being spread like a virus all over those chat rooms. I regularly refer to the dommies as "Jesus nazis", because it is too close to nazism to be a coincidence, the only difference is Jesus is their fuhrer in the sky. So, that is even scarier, since Jesus is in their head and therefore, the "orders" they get from Jesus are really their own orders.

Well, that is all I wanted to say, please let me know what you think.

I think we can safely say that the Christian Dominionists are today's political nazi movement. Oh, they don't wear the swastika or brown shirts (unless they are military personnel trying to offend a rabbi chaplain). The one thing nazis were good at, as well as the Christian Dommies, is propoganda of the highest proportion.

Good rant, and right on the money. But they will *use* the ACLU when it suites them too. Don't forget, in the xtian cult "persecution" is one of the things that they believe is supposed to be happening to them before the big "return". So if it's not there, it *will* have to be invented.