Goodbye Jesus

These Are Making Me Crazy

Aqua Kitty

Help me! These are driving me crazy.

InGodWeTrust.jpg

They're EVERYWHERE, and I can’t believe they’ve even been issued. How can the state get away with this? Separation of church & state my ass. Now these are not the “official†license plate – they’re specialty plates – but there is no additional charge like there is for most of the other specialty plates. I think that’s what irritates me the most about them is that people think they’re getting a specialty plate (being ‘unique’ and all that) and the other specialty plates that you have to make a $40 donation to an specific organization (such as the Dept. of Natural Resources, Riley Children’s Hospital, Breast Cancer research, etc.) are losing some donations that they might have gotten had these plates never been made. I don’t know. Maybe no one would be that dumb as to not donate to their favorite cause/charity just so they can have one of these plates. Anyway, I’m just really sick of seeing them. Thanks for listening!

Wow, those are really horrible. Here in British Columbia we have the scourge of the 2010 Olympics coming. And we are now confronted daily with the new Olympic license plates. I thought those were bad... but yours are worse! Thanks for making me feel better. :)

"In God We Trust" yet they didn't have a damn problem taking the matter into their own hands and rebelling against the Brits for the Revolutionary War...

Sorry...I can imagine your frustration. That would annoy me too. I'm starting to be more and more thankful that Canada is pretty liberal and tolerant.

Yeah, that's bad, Aqua Kitty.

Here in Florida we have to view the yellow "Choose Life" plates depicting children's drawing stick figures of kids. Anti-abortion fundies got enough signatures to push that one through as a "specialty plate".

Well, at least we can identify the fundies

Well, at least you're not required to get IGWT license plates...yet.

Where's the frickin edit button?!

I think you get it at 25 posts or such.

Ha,ha,ha, Jedi Tree Rats....May the Nuts be with you.

I liken the license plate thing to the sports team license plates we have here in Mass. You can't drive down the street without seeing Patriots plates, or Red Sox plates. (and to a much lesser extent, Bruins plates).

Let them root for their team, and at least we'll know the ones most likely to think they are being Raptured, and steer away from them.

They could at least make it a something cool, like...

jedi_squirrels_41k.jpg

LMAO!! Great idea - Jedi specialty plates! Then Flying Spaghetti Monster plates can't be far away... :HaHa:

I'm a fellow Hoosier that would like to see those plates burned in a bonfire too. Ugh. I hate them... and my instinct now is to look at the driver of the car to see who they are and what they are like. They're so common now though that that isn't even fun. (nearly) EVERYONE has them because they are free.

Truth be told speaking of the plates in Mass, I think if I was going to keep my residency in Mass after I graduate (woo-hoo! Only a week to go!) I would probably get a Red Sox plate; even if it was only to get it and then come back down to Philly and see how many people flip me off.

The IGWT plate? Sick. I forsee an increase in plate destruction. :wicked:

Yeah, that's bad, Aqua Kitty.

Here in Florida we have to view the yellow "Choose Life" plates depicting children's drawing stick figures of kids. Anti-abortion fundies got enough signatures to push that one through as a "specialty plate".

Well, at least we can identify the fundies

Fellow floridian here, yeah I see those damned plates everywhere too, they are ussually together with that damned "fish" or some corny bumper sticker. LOL

It does help to identify them. Aqua Kitty, sorry to see this sort of nonsense has spread that far north, they ussually reserve that sort of stupidity for us "lucky" ones in the deep south buybull belt...

You could submit to have these made:

fsmPlate.jpg

:D