Goodbye Jesus

Mormons And X-tians...

LosingMyReligion

Okay, neither of their religions are real....

However, they have this constant blood feud about the Book of Mormon being "sacreligious" and "fraudulent."

My question is this...

Wouldn't that make Christianity fraudulent as well? Since The New Testament is an add on to the Torah, technically, they are to Jews what Mormons are to them.

I just think it's insane simply because it is a topic of discussion in a presidential debate. Mitt Romney is freakish, and I wouldn't vote for him even if he wasn't a moron. Anyway, I am so sick of these nominees expounding upon their religion...

In case they haven't noticed we are at war; American money is worthless(almost); and...well...you get my point. I could give two shits about Mormons and Jesus. Fuck em. :nono::Wendywhatever:

+1

Nothing to disagree with LMR, good rant.

kFL

One imaginary story over another. Playing around with this crap while refusing to address the real issues. U.S. is going to hell in a handbasket really quick while idiots are concerned with how the Presidential candidates interpret the Bible. I might as well get resigned to starvation in my old age.

You are right, they are morons. We are all going to pay for it. Where is the anger? Why are the U.S. citizens so overall complacent? As a child of the 60s I ask myself, what happened?

Good little rant, LMR. Hmm. Romney or Huckabee. Now there's two to pick from.

If the (current) president is getting his wisdom from the Good Load Jesus, we are seriously fucked.

Osama Bin Laden is managing to kick our ass in the only way it would have been possible.

Well, look on the bright side, though. Thirty years from now, when asked who was the worst president in our lifetimes, we won't have to search for an answer.

Oh god - at least I hope we won't.

I wonder if we could switch the tables and get Obama to endorse Oprah for president? At least she has some business smarts. And it would be interesting to look forward to each presidential address to see the latest dress size she's wearing.

Congratulations, LMR. You now understand how every Mormon in existence feels about the subject.

Maybe it will ultimately drag me down with it, but I still look forward to the day I can get the hell out of this country and watch contentedly with a cocktail in my hand while the U.S.A. sinks like the Titanic.

For the record, when I was an xian I got owned by a Mormon over the question of Jesus' diety. I had a buddy whose father was a Linguistics professor, who also happened to be a Mormon. I was trying to debate my buddy over the faith and he invited me over to debate his father. His father walked me through a chapter in John (I forget which one now) and he basically proved, using scripture that Jesus never claimed to be god. My faith didn't shatter then, but it certainly cracked and I realized then that you can virtually make the bible say anything (ANYTHING) you want it to. Xian's have no scriptural high ground to stand on over Mormons. They are both on the same level field.

Guest lamb on the lam

Just think about the implications of a Romney win. Think about it? James Dobson and Pat Robertson must be already turning over in their beds at night in a deep sweat. Those two (among others) are highly competitive when it comes to their religion and if Romney became President, that would mean God is answering the prayers of the Mormons over the fundy Christians! Yikes! Those men would be faced with the thought that Mormonism could be given more and more creedence and legitmacy. Oh, and I did not know that Glenn Beck is a Mormon too! How exciting!

Deva Light said:

"We are all going to pay for it. Where is the anger? Why are the U.S. citizens so overall complacent? As a child of the 60s I ask myself, what happened?"

Well, I can't answer for the complacency of all Americans when it comes to domestic issues, but when it comes to the war in Iraq, that's easy. There is NO DRAFT. If you don't have to worry about little Johnnie or Suzie being blown to pieces in a foreign country, then it's easy to yawn and look the other way. This still does not explain why the fundies would be so complacent about all the trillions of dollars this is costing them in tax dollars.

I'm wondering if Americans are just so overwhelmed with the tedious details of day-to-day living that they just don't bother.

Deva Light said:
"We are all going to pay for it. Where is the anger? Why are the U.S. citizens so overall complacent? As a child of the 60s I ask myself, what happened?"

I'm wondering if Americans are just so overwhelmed with the tedious details of day-to-day living that they just don't bother.

That is probably as good an explanation as any. Also a good point about the draft.

Okay, neither of their religions are real....

-----

I just think it's insane simply because it is a topic of discussion in a presidential debate. Mitt Romney is freakish, and I wouldn't vote for him even if he wasn't a moron. Anyway, I am so sick of these nominees expounding upon their religion...

I agree LMR. However I think the press is making more of an issue out of Romney's religion then Mitt is. Heck if you can be the Gov of a liberal 'godless' state like Massachusetts and never have it come up... what's the issue? I think he gave his religious speech to appease the hysterical xtians before they put out a smear campaign about him. He had to address it, the press was riding him for 'ducking' questions pertaining to faith.

I agree that none of the religions are real, can you imagine the bullshit hysteria if an agnostic or atheist were running? :twitch: Cripe.. There isn't one freaking person running that doesn't put themselves under the banner of the cult of Christianity, not one.