Goodbye Jesus

Phishing E-mails

Metroplex

I recieved a phishing e-mail suppossedly from a bank I don't even have an account on, yet being curious as to the host domain I did a bit of digging...

This is the original phishing e-mail:

Phishing e-mail

and the host domain:

Korean Presbyterian Church

Yes, you read right, the phishing e-mail originates from a fundie church, I guess the sunday takings from the congregation aren't enough anymore, so now they want to empty people's bank accounts for some extra cash. The cheeck of these people!

Comments anyone? :grin:

Probably bounced from another IP

Phishers usually use another hacked system to host their pages. So most likely it's more a question of bad security that made them host that stuff. Once I managed a network which got hacked over the weekend and during the next week we had a very slow system due to upload/download of German bootleg movies. :HaHa: At first we couldn't figure out why it was so slow, until harddisk memory ran out and we could find the files that caused it.

Of course it wouldn't surprise anyone here if that cultist coven really was the one behind the phishing... :fdevil:

Some churches in Korea are about as real as some in the USA. Not every website that claims to be a church actually is a church. I get phishers from Nigeria the most, usually wanting to make you think you can make some big money helping them get their money into the USA from some muslim country. I ban the IP from sources that send me spam or phishers.