Goodbye Jesus

A Good Honest Look

Wizened Sage

I frequently share particularly interesting Exchristian.net testimonies or rants and comments with an elderly friend, Carl S., who has no computer. This is a man who lived in two different monastic orders as a teenager but over time became an atheist. The following gentle "Rant" is by Carl S.

"Some people like to stand up in church and give their 'testimonies.' Here's my own.

Lying awake and alone in the dark at 2 am, thoughts of how I'd lived my life came to mind. All of a sudden, I noticed just how ordinary I am - not a really 'good' or 'bad' person, but basically the usual ordinary combination. People have been hurt, insulted, angry or disappointed in me for my outspokeness, but they've been helped and thankful too (I'll take credit and blame).

So, what the 'revelation'is, is that - all things considered - there is nothing about me or my actions worth anyone suffering for, let alone dying for. Anyone who would give his life to make up for my 'sins' has wasted his life.

And with that thought, I was not only cheerful, I almost broke out in laughter."

I frequently share particularly interesting Exchristian.net testimonies or rants and comments with an elderly friend, Carl S., who has no computer. This is a man who lived in two different monastic orders as a teenager but over time became an atheist. The following gentle "Rant" is by Carl S.

"Some people like to stand up in church and give their 'testimonies.' Here's my own.

Lying awake and alone in the dark at 2 am, thoughts of how I'd lived my life came to mind. All of a sudden, I noticed just how ordinary I am - not a really 'good' or 'bad' person, but basically the usual ordinary combination. People have been hurt, insulted, angry or disappointed in me for my outspokeness, but they've been helped and thankful too (I'll take credit and blame).

So, what the 'revelation'is, is that - all things considered - there is nothing about me or my actions worth anyone suffering for, let alone dying for. Anyone who would give his life to make up for my 'sins' has wasted his life.

And with that thought, I was not only cheerful, I almost broke out in laughter."

Welcome to Ex-c!

I hated the whole "he takes away the sins of the world" garbage because its a total obvious lie. SIN is everywhere and has certainly not be defeated by christ, in fact it has been empowered. Look at the witch burnings the crusades, and countless other things that would not have happened if mary had an abortion...

That sounds harsh I know, but the shits of it is, it's true...

Wizened Sage I think that was fantastic. Thanks!