Goodbye Jesus

The Golden Compass

Guest Sir Palamedes

Guest Sir Palamedes

CAN SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT IS WRONG WITH PHILIP PULLMANS "THE GOLDEN COMPASS"? AS PER REQUEST I PURCHASED THE BOOK AS A GIFT AND NOW FIND THERE IS CONTROVERSY ABOUT IT. I HAVE READ THE VOOK AND FIND IT BOTH IMAGINATIVE AND ETHICAL. SO WHAT IS THE OHJECTION? NEWSPAPER REFERENCES ARE VAGUE AND I HOPE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ISSUE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINF REPLIES.

Can someone tell me why this person is shouting?

:blink:

CAN SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT IS WRONG WITH PHILIP PULLMANS "THE GOLDEN COMPASS"?.

Nothing!? Why do you care?

Guest Sir Palamedes
CAN SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT IS WRONG WITH PHILIP PULLMANS "THE GOLDEN COMPASS"? AS PER REQUEST I PURCHASED THE BOOK AS A GIFT AND NOW FIND THERE IS CONTROVERSY ABOUT IT. I HAVE READ THE VOOK AND FIND IT BOTH IMAGINATIVE AND ETHICAL. SO WHAT IS THE OHJECTION? NEWSPAPER REFERENCES ARE VAGUE AND I HOPE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ISSUE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINF REPLIES.

Hey Sir, Welcome to Ex-C,

The Christians hate the books because it's a about a war on God, religion and all they hold dear. They believe Satan is in control of the books and that it's corrupting children. None of us here have issues with the books. There are a few threads already posted on it that are filled with the information you're looking for, no need for us to re-hash it here. Click here to read one of the already ongoing threads. The Golden Compass

In saying that, Maybe if you changed your font it's to busy on the eyes. Also, typing in all CAPS is considered rude and is equivalent to shouting in cyber-society. I'm sure you'll have a pleasant welcome here once you're easier to read. :)

There is a hidden meaning behind the story of The Golden Compass.

If you read it carefully, you'll come to the understanding that it has nothing at all to do with killing God/religion or whatever. But in fact, it is about a certain newbie at ExC who's about to get his ass kicked if he doesn't turn off his 'Caps Lock' button and learn to separate his paragraphs and sentences a little better.

:mellow:

Seriously, dude, chill out.

Guest Sir Palamedes
There is a hidden meaning behind the story of The Golden Compass.

If you read it carefully, you'll come to the understanding that it has nothing at all to do with killing God/religion or whatever. But in fact, it is about a certain newbie at ExC who's about to get his ass kicked if he doesn't turn off his 'Caps Lock' button and learn to separate his paragraphs and sentences a little better.

:mellow:

Seriously, dude, chill out.