Goodbye Jesus

Love Letters from Troy

quicksand

Hey everyone! I 've been taking some time off this summer, but thought I would return and share with you some of the madness that Troy has been sending me.

You're smart enough to see where he contradicts himself at every turn so I needed point it out to you, have fun with that yourself. But I thought you'd get a kick out of this horse and pony show we have here.

Enjoy. See you in fall perhaps!

(Notes and my correstpondence in order.)

Red = Troy/Richard Parks

Blue = Me, Quicksand

"But Jesus remained silent. Then the high priest said to him, 'I demand in the name of the living God that you tell us whether you are the Messiah, the Son of God'" (Matt. 26.63). "Jesus replied, 'Yes, it is as you say. And in the future you will see me, the Son of Man, sitting at God's gright hand in the place of power and coming back on the clouds of heaven'." (v.64).

Compare Psalms 110.1, "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool", and Dan. 7.13, "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven".

If you still have excuse know that it is because of you.

Praise the Lord! Amen.

Dear Richard Parks,

Your "excuse" is a strawman. Try again.

//Taylor

Why? Jesus spoke, he never, he said He was God, he gave His life to atone. God created, since nothing happens all by itself, God shows Himself in the Word. Pretty simple. Therefore, it must be a matter of your conscience of your spirit that is dead to God. And you want to remain unforgiven.

Is that better privacy for you?

Mr. Parks,

What are you talking about? Do you wish to engage me on a topic relating to your pet interpetation of your religion?

Pick a topic. Any topic you want. Give me your best argument that will convert this non-sinning, atheist, hell-bound man that I am.

I look forward to it,

Regards,

Taylor

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to say, your idea is a pet interpretation since I am in agreement with the most spiritual writers from 1500 B.C. to about 95 A.D., over 40 writers in agreement in perfect harmony, all centered upon the sinless sacrafice that is Jesus Christ!

Seems reasonable.

Richard,

I am asking you for an argument that states your position. A person's position rests upon certian assumptions, which we call a premise. From this premise (or premises), you need to demonstrate that it (whatever it might be) is not only coherent in its form (the argument) but that the premise itself is coherent as well. If you can not reason to it, and the premise is incoherent, then your argument is a false.

So, I am going to ask you to look at what you wrote and restate it succiently and in proper form so that we may discuss and elucidate through your position to root out any irrationalities in your reasoning and in your premises so that we may say your conclusion is probably true and if it is a weak or strong possiblity.

Good luck,

//Taylor

Why? Jesus spoke, he never, he said He was God, he gave His life to atone. God created, since nothing happens all by itself, God shows Himself in the Word. Pretty simple. Therefore, it must be a matter of your conscience of your spirit that is dead to God. And you want to remain unforgiven.

"Mr. Parker"

Assertions only. Not proof. Not evidence, therefore your use of the strawman still stands.

you need to prove all this. Please refer to my other email. I wil confine my time to that email thread alone.

Thanks for your time, "Mr Parks."

//Taylor

It need not be restated as it is already most effective and well-reasoned. Now it is up to your will made in God's image to choose the cross or not. The proof is given, you did not happen all by yourself, you were created. Therefore, you have no excuse. The Bible explains what you are going through. "Canst thou by searching find out God? Canst though find out the Almighty onto perfection?" (John 11.7 ASV). No amount of mental laboring can equip you to know God. Apart from the quickened spirit within man no one is able to apprehend Him,not even with his brain. The Bible recognizes just one kind of knowledge and that is the knowledge in the spirit's intuition.

Richard,

I do not believe a word of the Bible, Richard. So evidence from the Bible (if such a thing is possible) has little meaning or weight for me. You offer circulous redundo.

I am waiting for an argument from you Richard. If you can not frame one, then all your witness in the world isn't going to do squat.

I've offered you a challange in the first paragraph of this letter and have alluded to it in my last communique to you. You have not picked up on it.

Please, don't waste my time, until you have something concrete to offer in the way of a elucidated position.

//Taylor

I gave you both internal evidences (Bible) and external evidences. Another external evidence is if you get The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel, in there is a reference to 39+ external references of Christ in the first century and 7+ external accounts of His resurrection during this time also. Well documented in antiquity! The external evidence I like to use that is most helpful is simply to say that nothing in nature happens all by itself, so therefore neither did you. All things have cause and effect. Ergo, you were created. By whom? God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit. I will leave you with this 4 stepe perfect proof for God. http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/perfectproof.htm Once you realize God created, then you find where did God reveal Himself? Read about Jesus Christ and what He said. He said He is God. I don't normally give out verses because it is not good to cast what is holy onto dogs. Any sort of argument won't help since you will come up with other excuses which I can always answer, but they you come up with more, which I can still answer. In other words, you have already decided your fate for hell.

Troy,

I am done playing with you. You have insulted me in the past by dehumanizing me per your theology. You are quite a sick individual that has no proof, and of which that "evidence" which hasn't been utterly and completely debunked before that I really have not patience to go through once again. Boring. You can continue to live by a bronze age religion and rest your ego upon a work of fiction that is about as reliable to live your life as it is to base your life in the Iliad or Gone With the Wind.

Your perfect four step proof is riddled with incoherencies and irrationalities pointed out on the exchristian.com board. Go back and read the comments once again.

I also pointed out to you that humans do not do anything perfect, so a perfect 4-Step Proof is even beyond our scope offer. Since that we even have to argue that a sky being like your god exist sshows that such a being is unprovable and resides in the wishful thinking an imagination of the believer. I can take your so called argument here and make a case for an Invisible Pink Unicorn that lives on your shoulder Troy.

Please, grow up. I have been trying to engage you in a proper discussion, but again you revert to your childish, immature ways and show how just pigheaded you are and offer nothing at the close but threats of hell and damnation.

//Taylor

Got same e.mail amigo...

Figured the subject wasn't worth trying to take this assKlowN out behind the woodshed to apply e.beating to..

Being burnt by metal off the M-37 job and finding new burns, cuts and scars left by process is more fun than this doofus...

kL

Quickster- glad to see that you are alive and kicking. :woohoo:

We were wondering what you were up to.

Have a great summer. If we don't run into each other too much here, this summer, I'll see you on the beach. Ok, buddy?

Remember your sunscreen and other portable protective devices. ;)

-Reach

Yep, I got it too. Time to set up the "filter to trash can" option on my personal email.

Troy must be getting lonely again, so he needs to provoke a response.

It burns him more when he's ignored, so that's what I'll be doing from now on.

Troy must be getting lonely again, so he needs to provoke a response.

It burns him more when he's ignored, so that's what I'll be doing from now on.

Definitely. Let him rot in his self-imposed exile. :fdevil:

I used to get letters from Troy, but after I brought up Ezekiel 18 he clammed up.

Wow! The author of Matthew had read the Psalms! It's a miracle!

Wow! The author of Matthew had read the Psalms!
And if Mt. 1:23 is any indication, he apparently didn't read it very well...

Quickster- glad to see that you are alive and kicking. :woohoo:

We were wondering what you were up to.

Have a great summer. If we don't run into each other too much here, this summer, I'll see you on the beach. Ok, buddy? 

Remember your sunscreen and other portable protective devices.  ;)

-Reach

Thanks Reach. Nice to be missed!. I've been spending some time to read more about the 4th & 5th century Hellenstic world, but I do stop in to check out some of the posts, but mostly in the News and Current events section. We have a better acumen and diversity of political opinion here than other political boards that are partisan by nature - I enjoy that diversity here.

Anyway, I want to understand better the arc of history and what were the actual (and this will be hard to do - so long ago) trends that went from the more open-minded and tolerance of paganism to the literalism and rigorism of a monolithic faith (which that isn't even true in itself - monothesiem has always been divided between "true" Christians and heretical, ie those that choose otherwise from the spun and self asserted orthodoxy) of Christianity. I want to understand those people better. I am trying to take the approach that Karen Armstrong did by not only reading scholarly books, but dipping back into my art history education and reading the chronicles and literature from the people of that period. They were human afterall, with the same concerns and issues like ourselves today. So, suffice to say, I've been doing lots of book collecting as of late.

Troy was fun to bat around, a diversion here at work, but that's about it. I guess I am kinda over the debate with Christians and their magic holy book and wishful thinking, and their ego reinforcement. I get it already. I am a fricken' atheist and materialist - praise the lord and nuff' said lol! The Christian is defeated every-time they apologize, evangelizes, or open their mouth in defense of the god.

I'll keep you guys posted!

• 3 weeks later...

If you get any more spam from him, try this: