Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Camp

trashy

...I finally caught this on TV (A&E) - I felt very uncomfortably familiar with all of the praying. Yes, I used to pray just like that. Praying over buildings, chairs, etc. To see people doing that now was awkward - to see KIDS doing it was just scary.

The Haggard segment was priceless!

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes! I remember watching Jesus Camp on YouTube. I was utterly speechless. :twitch:

I saw it a couple of days ago, and I was disgusted, but not at all surprised.

I seemed so familiar and probable. I wonder how these kids will feel when

they see this as grownups.

Guest WarrantedPVC

To me the whole hocus-pocus praying-for-the-microphone thing was extremely unfamiliar. That type of prayer was never my type of prayer and I don't think I would ever have "felt the presence of the Lord" if I had done anything, well, ridiculous like that. I understand that different things work for different people though...

I also thought that the adults were very manipulative, that teaching children to consider themselves "soldiers" of any sort is evil, and that the "home-schooling" thing is scary and wrong by both my current and my past Christian standards.

It all left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

PVC

• 7 months later...
Guest Art-for-Fun
I saw it a couple of days ago, and I was disgusted, but not at all surprised.

I seemed so familiar and probable. I wonder how these kids will feel when

they see this as grownups.

... if they actually get to grow up!

I know I'm horribly late on this, but I finally saw it...

No matter how much I don't like children and don't want children, I really felt sorry for the poor kids. Because they really had no choice on how to think or feel, and the manipulative adults were forcefully shoving it into their heads that they were so "bad and sinful" and that they had to be "soldiers" for god. It was horrible. And sad.

One thing they don't ever mention is that it costs money to send your kid to Jesus Camp. It's not free. It's around $600.