Goodbye Jesus

Tempt The Child Into Suffering

Naughtyhamster

Here's a poem I call Tempt the Child Into Suffering Into the Hands of The Cruel Father. I wrote this after reading about another xtian kid dying from cancer:

The Cruel Father killed glory!

Cruelest Father loved by many in ignorance

Never giving the innocent and pure a chance.

"Love" so sadistic and cruel

If you say "He's love!" you're a fool!

An invisible Pied Piper

Wants to give your children starvation, suffering and cancer.

Given his potential to abuse

Your innocent children you will loose.

I will never bow down to his sick sense of humor

This is not a blasphemous rumor

Of his sadistic cruelty

Because it is reality!

Causes my heart to sink....

May your heart be honored.... :thanks:

~carol

Causes my heart to sink....

May your heart be honored....

Doesn't anyone get the irony of my piece of prose? :vent:

Well...apparently I didn't.

I just thought it was sad.... *shrug*

Alas poetry is wasted on my phillistine ears.....

Alas poetry is wasted on my phillistine ears.....

*chuckle*

I don't know you The-Doctor, but that's funny. Do they look kinda like Farange (sp?) ears? :D

Ferenghi?

If so I'll bet Ferenghi ears are incapable of understanding irony in poetry, so logically Ive got em.

Hope the Good/NaughtyHamster doesnt get upset that we hijacked his poem post with Ferenghi ears.

Hope the Good/NaughtyHamster doesnt get upset that we hijacked his poem post with Ferenghi ears.

:lmao: You can hijack my poems anytime if you feel like they suck shit. Not sure about other people's poems though. :lmao:

No,no,no I didnt say it sucked just poetry is rather wasted on me. I thought it sounded nice, rang true, and spoke well of you. I cant make up poery to save my life (well innane haikus dont count) and rarely understand its intricacies. The bard, muse or w/e isnt in me when it comes to poetry.

Heres my guess though, the irony is in the title? It sounds like the name of a hymn or poem and yours is the inverse or antithesis of that one.

Not sure, by no fault of your own, enlighten me.

And seriously I like original works, even if I dont readily understand them. Im not just being diplomatic, I like that you took the time and effort to pour thought and feeling into poetic verse.

I wondered if the kid's name was glory...but...didn't really want to say that.

(Piper has an image in her mind of the holographic Doctor on Star Trek doing genetic experiments with hamster to breed them with Ferenghi ears reciting poetry about Glory. :o )

Hey..haiku counts as poetry... :)

This poem happened when my brain took a subconscious shit one day, so interpret it the way you like. :HaHa:

Same thing happens when I do artwork when I'm awfully bored to death. Right now I've got an old doll in my bedroom which I clothed in cat ears, mini kimono ( actually an old blouse of mine), and and an oxygen mask ( I would have bought a gas mask for her but I don't have the $$$$ for one).

Well the title and style kind of have a hymnal vibe but more like the anti-hymn. Rather than spouting the glories of god you list his crimes ultimatley ending in a verdict and condemnation, instead of salvation and thanks.

IMO Id be a right ass to criticize when Ive never made anything comprable myself.

This poem happened when my brain took a subconscious shit one day, so interpret it the way you like. :HaHa:

Same thing happens when I do artwork when I'm awfully bored to death. Right now I've got an old doll in my bedroom which I clothed in cat ears, mini kimono ( actually an old blouse of mine), and and an oxygen mask ( I would have bought a gas mask for her but I don't have the $$$$ for one).

lol - guffaw

"my brain took a subconscious shit one day" - that's pretty poetic. :D

I work with art NH. And I've seen some very odd art. :D A doll with cat ears in a kimono with a gas mask...that's mild. :D

Dare I add my continued images of this thread.... The genetic hamster with the giant ears grows huge into a philistine and begins to gnaw that damn jawbone of the ass. (You have to know your bible to get that "jawbone of the ass" thing...but I figure you probably do.) No way is that gentic monster gonna let anybody kick his ass!!!! :D

(Okay piper, that's enough...calm down down... uh-em... :wink: )

And no- I haven't taken any hallucinogenic drugs so don't ask ( though I think some people here tonight must be on something :HaHa: ).

Just had to say that as I've been accused of "dropping acid" by uneducated people in the past who have seen my artwork.

I'm just a little hyper rodent full of angst and passion who gets a bit too much caffeine in her diet.

And no- I haven't taken any hallucinogenic drugs so don't ask ( though I think some people here tonight must be on something :HaHa: ).

Just had to say that as I've been accused of "dropping acid" by uneducated people in the past who have seen my artwork.

I'm just a little hyper rodent full of angst and passion who gets a bit too much caffeine in her diet.

My insanity is probably just left over residue. But we get along just fine....most of the time. :wacko::blink:

By the way... this hamster prefers Japanese cuisine over ass bones any day. :HaHa:

If you do a search of this site you will find some of my more extreme artwork like my punk elf and sea dragon. Give it a look and please be honest of what you think. Yeah they might suck a bit, but some of those drawings are just preliminary stuff as I didn't have the time to create a full work of art just a sketch.