Goodbye Jesus

A New Fundy To Debate On Myspace!

I have my x-testimony posted on my myspace blog, and this morning I recieved a comment from some random xtian named "a xtian perspective". Wasn't hateful or insulting, but it was unsolicited. You can read my blog here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...C7F7AF718317219

His comment to my x-testimony is thus:

Interesting blog. I respect your honesty but perhaps there's a little bit of bias on your part too and subjective reasoning. Nonetheless nothing but love. I love to listen to lots of different music perhaps I'll drop by when you post some. You have pretty good taste in music. Take care.

Anyway, I went to his site to check him out, and he has a new blog posted titled "questions for evolutionists", and in it he has posted a discussion by kent Hovind!!! He has invited all evolutionists to answer his questions, so let's see if he really allows them?!?

His site is here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=271813315

Come on everyone, lets have some fun with this guy! :wicked::woohoo:

You mean Christians never have biases? *is shocked* (sarcasm)

Anyway, I went to his site to check him out, and he has a new blog posted titled "questions for evolutionists",

Question for "evolutionists" wtf is an evolutionist? If you feel strongly that science has made a good argument, and the science is sound, then you accept the theory of evolution, it does not make you an "evolutionist" it makes you just a normal person using logic and common sense. Present "young earth theories" that are backed with real science data, like evolution is, and hey, I'll consider it.

His topic should be "Questions FROM a Young Earther" NOT "questions FOR evolutionists", hes the nut job that needs explained too, not the other way around lol!

You mean Christians never have biases? *is shocked* (sarcasm)

That was basicly my response to his comment. Pot calling the kettle black. Im also not sure what he even meant by it, everyone has bias. I know there are alot here who could tear this guy to shreds better than me with the evolution knowledge, thought I did post a comment to him about the problem of infinite regress.

I wonder if he will post my comments though. I kept it respectable, but all comments on his page must be approved before they are shown.

I wonder if he will post my comments though. I kept it respectable, but all comments on his page must be approved before they are shown.

Funny, this is REALLY common with most Xians. They only allow the positive comments and don't allow ones that "might make others stumble." Yeah, that's one excuse I heard.

Funny, this is REALLY common with most Xians. They only allow the positive comments and don't allow ones that "might make others stumble." Yeah, that's one excuse I heard.

Yeah GG have you ever noticed how when a YEC does a youtube they almost ALWAYS shut off comments and ratings? So irritating lol!

Oh yeah. They don't want to really debate. They just want to right and not have to deal with the hard questions.

There exists no bias within the Scriptures. That's nice to know.

Read the book of Job, Chapter 30-38.

Need more be said.

:Wendywhatever:

Oh good gravy in a dish, did anyone read his blog on tolerance? I'll reply in purple.

Tolerance

A word that seems to get thrown around a lot especially in relation to religious conservatives but what does it mean when someone says we're not tolerant? I wonder if people even think through the meaning of the word when they use it so liberally toward someone they disagree with. Nobody tolerates everything! Why should I tolerate what you tolerate? How is what you tolerate or don't tolerate superior to what I do or don't tolerate? and what do you base that on if it is?

I think most would agree that if there is a supreme being that he would decide what really should and shouldn't be tolerated and His will would supersede all opinions or feelings to the contrary. His law would literally definde truth for everyone. Fair to say don't you think?

No, I don't think it's fair, or even a good idea. The public at large does not agree if there is a god or not, and if so which god that would be. No god is standing up for all to see, in person saying "hey ya'll this is what I think." So anything you come up with is only your belief based on your opinion, and maybe what was written by men in a really old book.

Ultimately it comes down to our sense of morality, our sense of right and wrong. How is that determined? Or have we even thought that out

I have, have you? Or do you just go by one book and what your pastor tells you?

Absolutes-

If there is a God His will would be binding on everybody. Of course if there is no God and we are all just accidents then each persons sense of truth or good is only as relevant or as important as any given society deems it at any given time. So what credibility is there in judging or complaining about what one individual or one country does because ultimately it's their perogative. I don't think anyone would want to live in world where each persons sense of right and wrong is left up to themselves. People may say they want a world without religion or belief in God but I guarantee you they wouldn't like the results of that.

This is all "ifs" there are no absolutes in this paragraph. He doesn't "think" which means OPINION and it is what HE thinks, not God. Personally I DO want to live in a world where people live by their own idea of right and wrong in their personal life. Where your life comes into contact with others then we need laws and rules, and although I DO want them written and the same for all, I do NOT want them unchangable. The laws that work now may not work 200 years from now, what did work 2000 years ago doesn't always work now. Absolutes do not allow for change, and life IS change.

If we determine morality or who God is than it's really us who's God in that scenario because we are determining truth on our own inclination.

Which is pretty much what you've done bud, and now want to use it as an excuse to not tolerate people you don't like anyway. Who was it that said when god hates all the same people you do, you can be sure you've made god in your image.

It's not up to us to define God but to discover him.

Funny this is exactly what I did, and exactly what my partner did, and you, her and I all came to different conclusions. I do not believe there is anything close to a personal god. You believe in the Christian god, and she believes in the old Roman lares, having had a personal experience with Sulis Minerva. So since we all came to our conclusions about God the same way which one of us gets to decide which religion is right? You?

If you really want to know the truth about what God would have us tolerate for our own health and His glory then seek him he's not hard to be found. God has given us his word as a guide to find our way through an otherwise dark world.

The Quran?

The non-believer doesn't believe in God so the best they can do is base their beliefs on feeling or opinion.

Yet in most coutries on this planet there are many many BELIEVERS who just do not believe what you do. Also atheists base their opinions on many things, not just opinion, and the beauty part is, in the US, no one person gets to decide.

On a side note,Why is it Christians when speaking of faith they want to behave as if there are only them and atheists? When speaking of homosexuality they will also try to speak only of men, not lesbians, as if they do not exist, why?

The christian does so they have a basis on which to conclude that such a things as evil and good exist and they are established on God's standard. How does a non-believer argue right or wrong based on what? on who's standard? How can they be sure? If one can be sure that the God of the Bible it true, one can be sure He's reliable. I believe faith in God makes sense and The Bible is the best explanation of who He is and what His plan is for mankind.

None of us are "sure" and if you are sure your "belief" aka OPINION becomes unchangable which is bad. Flexable people say "Well for right now this is the best way for us all to get along, but if we find a better way lets go with that." Why does change scare you so bad?

Hypocrisy-

It's easy to accuse of hypocrisy when you have low standards or no standards at all. The higher the standard one sets for themselves the harder to live up to.

Yeah but see that isn't my problem. You set standards that are hard or immpossible to meet, and when YOU do not meet them I'm just being harsh to expect you to and a big ole meanie cuz my standards aren't so high. The thing is I'd be cool with your struggle to meet your standards if you did not expect me to meet them to and try to inforce your standards on me by law, social acceptance or tradition. I do have standards for myself, and I have standards about how I expect people to treat me. Where we differ is I don't think I get to choose for you how you behave UNLESS it starts to effect me, mine, or others within society.

The higher the standard one sets for themselves the harder to live up to. In the christian belief Christ is perfect and that is our standard a standard we don't try to achieve overnight but over a lifetime becoming more like him everyday through grace. No it's not necessarily hyprocrisy when christians fail, most of the time it's just people growing and making mistakes along the way, the same way everyone else grows. Hypocrisy is pretending one thing when the truth is something entirely different. Hence the reason Jesus was so critical of the Pharisees. Again easy to accuse christians of hypocrisy when a person has no standards or can change their standards at their convenience.

Christians, trying to live as they see Jesus did. Going to church, talking about the subtleties of their doctrine among themselves and all is fine, it's great. It's when they come into the public, or political circle and try to make their beliefs laws and THEN don't even live up to them themselves that I cry foul. Ted Haggard comes to mind. It's just growing and a mistake until you make it law.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING (emphasis mine). Proverbs 3:5. Lean not on your own understanding. Why do you think that is? Perhaps we should trust Him He knows what He's doing, He's been around a little while.

Your scritpure which by your opinion you feel is truth. I disagree, and so? In a world where many people have many different beliefs, and each person is jsut as convinced they are right we HAVE to find another standard besides "God said it."

Well, no suprise here. I went to his site this morn and saw that he'd been online. Yet my response to his evolution questions were not posted! I took about 10 minutes and wrote this as a PM:

Whilst strolling through your site the other day I stumbled upon your blog that asked "evolutionists" some questions. I gave a response, but I do not see it posted today...why ask a question if you are not going to post the responses you get?

Or is it that only true xtians are allowed to post unsolicited comments on other people's pages?

Like a typical xtian, you are quite a dishonest fellow. To not allow alternate viewpoints on your page when you so freely offer your own unsolicited viewpoints on others who you do not even know or are members of your friend list is very low, and VERY un-christ like. Your comments have remained (and will remain) on my page for however long I keep a myspace page.

Perhaps you need to read 1 Peter 3:15 again? Or perhaps you've been too busy to hit the "accept comment" button. I'll give you the weekend and return on Monday. Take care...

But, alas, he is now only accepting messages from his friends! LOL! Yet his blog of questions still remains. Maybe I should send an email describing his actions and unwillingness to debate to everyone on his friends list just so they can see how a xtian plays! :grin:

Well, I guess I was wrong!

I went to his site this morning and he did post all the comments on his blog! Perhaps it is only messages that are blocked on his page, or maybe I was just a bit trigger happy with him! :shrug:

Anyway, come on over and read what he and his friends have said about evolution! The waters nice and warm! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

The guy's a pussy. He and Jesus and his disciples have to approve every response to their post before a response is posted. Sort of defeats the purpose of an on-going dialogue.