Goodbye Jesus

Brilliant Idea

upstarter

My mother occasionally brings up the topic of church. She worries about me because I don't go. She agrees that you can be xtian without attending church, but you need church for fellowship and learning to keep you on your path etc.

So I've decided next time she brings this up I'm going to tell her that I've found the most amazing community online. A place populated by people who believe the way I believe. Former pentacostals, baptists, an old-order mennonite, why we even have pastors and lay preachers, who all feel that the established churches don't meet their needs. We fellowship, and discuss salvation, heaven and hell, scripture and it's meaning for us. And best of all we don't have to wait for Sunday, we meet every day.

It won't quiet her desire for my kids to be in Sunday School, but otherwise, it ticks all her boxes. The fact that all these people are ex-Cs is one detail I'll neglect to mention. :HaHa:

This is the best church I've ever gone to.

Love you all,

Heather

Heather

That is a brilliant Idea, and a nice cover for those who need it!

I also agree that this place is one of the best groups with the best people anywhere, second to none! :wub:

Heather

That is a brilliant Idea, and a nice cover for those who need it!

I also agree that this place is one of the best groups with the best people anywhere, second to none! :wub:

Ditto!

I agree! This is a glorious church - the best one I've ever attended! Glory!

excchurch.jpg

My mother occasionally brings up the topic of church. She worries about me because I don't go. She agrees that you can be xtian without attending church, but you need church for fellowship and learning to keep you on your path etc.

So I've decided next time she brings this up I'm going to tell her that I've found the most amazing community online. A place populated by people who believe the way I believe. Former pentacostals, baptists, an old-order mennonite, why we even have pastors and lay preachers, who all feel that the established churches don't meet their needs. We fellowship, and discuss salvation, heaven and hell, scripture and it's meaning for us. And best of all we don't have to wait for Sunday, we meet every day.

It won't quiet her desire for my kids to be in Sunday School, but otherwise, it ticks all her boxes. The fact that all these people are ex-Cs is one detail I'll neglect to mention. :HaHa:

Love you all,

Heather

You've put my thoughts into words. How often I have wished my Christian sibs could see how devoted I am to discussion of the things so dear to their hearts. Or that they say are dear. One always wonders what the real truth really is...I have reason to think the almighty dollar gets more attention than the Ruler and Creator of the Universe and his Son, given that they spend at least six says serving it and only one serving God. And even on the Lord's Day they must discipline themselves consciously not to "talk business."

Jeffery, you are sooo funnnyy! I enlarged it so I could get a good view of it and HUH!?!?!? Who do I see crucified on top of the church???

It was worth a really good laugh, ye good ol' Brother Jeff.

Jeffery, you are sooo funnnyy! I enlarged it so I could get a good view of it and HUH!?!?!? Who do I see crucified on top of the church???

It was worth a really good laugh, ye good ol' Brother Jeff.

Glad you enjoyed it! :grin:

LOL yes, I have to agree, this is the best church I have ever attended. If only we had a brick-and-mortar version.

Hopefully Mom won't decide your church sounds so good she'd like to visit it herself. That could be traumatic for both of you. You'll just have to tell her it's a youth group. True in a way; we have all enjoyed the rejuvenating effects of casting off our shackles.

Good idea.

What do you say when they ask the name of the site though?

post-16-1199502014_thumb.jpg

Love it!!! Such a cool pic!!!

Spatz

No fears of mom asking more about the site. My mom is 72 years old and the internet is like the part of old maps that say "Here be Dragons". She doesn't get it and she doesn't want to get it. She wouldn't even know that sites have names.

Heather