Goodbye Jesus

My Own Religion

Vendredie

Has anyoen here made up their own religion? I have, it's called Vendredism. If you've made up your own (serious, not parody religions like the Church of Wikipedia or something) religion, what are the tenets of it? Rituals? What are its views on certain issues, such as abortion, war, welfare, and gay rights?

just wondering!

Has anyoen here made up their own religion? I have, it's called Vendredism. If you've made up your own (serious, not parody religions like the Church of Wikipedia or something) religion, what are the tenets of it? Rituals? What are its views on certain issues, such as abortion, war, welfare, and gay rights?

just wondering!

Once I broke away from religions, I promised myself to never be involved in one again. Somehow I find thinking that I need to be in a religion still puts me in the grouping of revealed religions. I'm staying as far away from that classification as I can.

Hmmm... this is an interesting question. I have a personal religion that doesn't fit perfectly with any specific Pagan religion, but I haven't given it a label and I'm not interested in recruiting anybody to it. So I'm not sure what you'd call that.

Because I can't explain the whole thing all at once if someone asks me what I am, I usually just say that I'm either "Pagan" or a "Hellenic Pagan and Chaote." I didn't so much "make it up" as come to certain conclusions, though. I mean, it's not like I sat down and outright invented something, then willed myself to believe it (though such things would not be unheard of in Chaos Magick). So I'm not really sure whether this kind of thing is what you're looking for or not.

What are the tenets and rituals of Vendredism, and its views on various issues?

Hmmm... this is an interesting question. I have a personal religion that doesn't fit perfectly with any specific Pagan religion, but I haven't given it a label and I'm not interested in recruiting anybody to it. So I'm not sure what you'd call that.

Because I can't explain the whole thing all at once if someone asks me what I am, I usually just say that I'm either "Pagan" or a "Hellenic Pagan and Chaote." I didn't so much "make it up" as come to certain conclusions, though. I mean, it's not like I sat down and outright invented something, then willed myself to believe it (though such things would not be unheard of in Chaos Magick). So I'm not really sure whether this kind of thing is what you're looking for or not.

What are the tenets and rituals of Vendredism, and its views on various issues?

Well I did Beliefnet's Belief-o-Matic thing, it said I was most likely a Theravada Buddhist (second from Unitarian Universalist, which everyone comes out in apparently). But Vedredism is more like...

Gods: There are no deities. The only thing more powerful than man is the universe and nature, but they are not deities so should not be worshipped (but respected nonetheless, as both could easily throw something nasty at us at any given moment).

Afterlife: Who knows?

Stance on Issues:

Abortion: There are better options, so it should be used as a "last resort" and should NEVER be used as a form of birth control. sex-selective abortions are wrong.

Gay rights: Gays are humans too, and loving someone is NOT a crime, unless that someone is too young for them. Homosexuality is natural and should be accepted, and it DOES NOT hinder anyone' ability to be a loving spouse, a caring parent, or a brave soldier.

Polygamy: IF and ONLY if EVERYONE is COMPLETELY WILLING. No child brides, no indentured servants masquerading as wives.

Other Religions: All religions have some credibility to them (other than Scientology, which was founded for the sole purpose of making money). However religion should not be forced upon anyone. Children should not be "raised" in a certain religion, because that is forcing them into a religion. Religions are basically morals and beliefs mixed in with cultural influences of the time and location of its founding and development. Every person has his or her own beliefs and will join the group closest to those beliefs.

Just a brief look at it.