Goodbye Jesus

A Year After My Own Conversion

Jessica Sideways

Christianity is a mind-numbing cult and I am so glad that I am free from it. In case you don't know my story, here it is. I was once a Christian (a liberal Christian, but still a Christian none-the-less) and I went to a Bible College in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I was conned out of my entire inheritance from my grandmother before I realized that Christianity was full of shit. I left Canada four months later and returned to the United States, by hitchhiking.

A few months later, with the mind-block of Christianity removed, I was able to fully experience life in all it's splendor. Life is beautiful! Life is wonderful! And I was able to find out that I am a male-to-female transsexual. With this revelation, I am now pursuing the therapy and surgery required to make me more female. And I owe it all to the Atheists that provided materials on the Internet that resounded the things that I have been saying and asking all this time. Atheists such as Nick Gisburne have captured my attention and said the words that I needed to hear. If they haven't, I would have probably been sucked back into Christianity.

Now, logic, reason and ethics guide my life. Not the Wholly Babble that many Christians use. Not the perverted ethics which guide many Christians lives. It's no longer 'What would Jesus do?', it's 'What should I do?'. And even though I sometimes attend an Unitarian Universalist church, they know perfectly well that I am an atheist and it's okay with them. I feel accepted as an atheist, and I am not told that I am wrong. Plus, sunday morning television has such boring programming anyways, so why not go elsewhere?

People like Miranda Littel and Dusten Dixon may have screwed me, along with the rest of the staff at Alberta Bible College, but when it was all said and done, they gave me something that I am thankful for. They gave me a reason to question Christianity. The old hag and her husband that rented that basement suite out to me and screwed me out of the money (Rick and Lynn Rehn) made me look at Christianity in a new light. And it is for this reason that I am thankful that I was not in the Jesus Cult for very long.

I am free. And I am glad I am free. And I am certain that most everyone in this forum can sit in this chair and tell you the exact same thing. True, I have some tacky government job which I may or may not lose when I transition, but I like working for the City of Westminster, it's fine for the time being. And I don't get religious nut jobs at my job telling me that I am going to go to hell just because I am an atheist, or a transsexual. I am fine, I am planning to go to Naropa University soon and get my BA in Writing & Literature and I plan to immigrate to Canada. I am working on my memoirs and an unrelated screenplay.

Thanks for taking the time to write Jess, I for one hadnt heard your story yet. I myself attend a babble university so its always good to hear from someone else who has gone through that. Stories like yours give me hope every time I read them, for myself and for everyone else who has dealt with the cult.

I think we have a few more things in common in that we both gained a great deal of hope, ambition, and self-awareness from our deconversions.

Anyway good to hear your story and glad to hear things are going well for you right now. ^_^

Thanks for taking the time to write Jess, I for one hadnt heard your story yet. I myself attend a babble university so its always good to hear from someone else who has gone through that. Stories like yours give me hope every time I read them, for myself and for everyone else who has dealt with the cult.

I think we have a few more things in common in that we both gained a great deal of hope, ambition, and self-awareness from our deconversions.

Anyway good to hear your story and glad to hear things are going well for you right now. ^_^

Yeah, it was like that movie "The Truman Show" when Truman hit the wall of the prison he was in, and realized that his world was truly fake. I hit the wall and when given the choice to either turn back or leave the show entirely - I left.

There are some that believe fervently that they would not be alive today had it not been for their Messianic Cult. And I believe that it's truly an over-exaggeration. And to be honest, I cannot believe that the world is 6,000 years old, the dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood, that imbibing knowledge is a bad thing.

It's always good news when someone leaves that dreadful cult.

You're getting a BA for Writing & Literature? That's cool. I love writing. I'm always looking for people that share a common interest in that. It's always great to discuss. Also, you're going to immigrate to Canada? Which part?

It's always good news when someone leaves that dreadful cult.

You're getting a BA for Writing & Literature? That's cool. I love writing. I'm always looking for people that share a common interest in that. It's always great to discuss. Also, you're going to immigrate to Canada? Which part?

I am planning to after the surgery. Right now, all the legal and physical flotsam has to be dealt with so I can be the most effective valedictorian possible. ^^ And as for immigrating to Canada, British Columbia and PEI seem nice. I am definitely NOT going to move to Alberta.

Cool. Well, good luck with all of that and hope it all works out. =) I heard it's great up in BC.

Cool. Well, good luck with all of that and hope it all works out. =) I heard it's great up in BC.

So have I. I can't wait to finally get shit done. Christianity took me away from hormone therapy when it would have been most effective and now, I am fighting for identity and for the therapy that I need.