Goodbye Jesus

Woot, I Found A Job!

Amethyst

After 2.5 months of looking, I found a business analyst job. It is downtown at a large financial company. It will be working with a lot of data in Excel, which I am good at and also enjoy doing. The downside will be the commute and parking and having to dress up, but it's a good paying job. It's through a contract agency with which I have had good luck before, they placed me at an engineering support job I liked that lasted for over a year and paid really well too.

But...yay! I have a job!

Yay!!!

Congrats Amethyst!

Happy for ya! :)

Yay for wages! :D

Boo on dress codes! :angry:

We should be allowed to wear pajamas everywhere!!

Congratulations Amethyst. Hope you enjoy your new job.

Yeah, getting dressed up sucks -- especially when you firmly hit middle age and suddenly nothing fits (size you wore for 30 years- forget it!). Buy new clothes - 6 months later nothing fits again. We should be able to wear some kind of one size fits all robes like my avatar.

Hurray for you! I have a job interview today and I'm going to take this as a good omen. Shame I don't really believe in omens... but I'll take the good feeling with me to the interview. That has to help, right?

Heather

Congratulations! I wish you good luck.

Hurray for you! I have a job interview today and I'm going to take this as a good omen. Shame I don't really believe in omens... but I'll take the good feeling with me to the interview. That has to help, right?

Heather

Definitely, being upbeat helps!

Congratulations Amethyst. Hope you enjoy your new job.

Yeah, getting dressed up sucks -- especially when you firmly hit middle age and suddenly nothing fits (size you wore for 30 years- forget it!). Buy new clothes - 6 months later nothing fits again. We should be able to wear some kind of one size fits all robes like my avatar.

Can't afford to buy many new clothes right now, but I'm treating myself to a hair cut tomorrow. :)

Oh Amethyst, I'm so happy for you. I hope it works out just as good as it seems. When do you start?

Oh Amethyst, I'm so happy for you. I hope it works out just as good as it seems. When do you start?

I start Monday. Today I have to go fill out paperwork with the staffing company and go take a drug test (sigh). But that's par for the course these days, nobody trusts anybody anymore.

Update: Looks like I'll be starting Wednesday instead. They have to wait for the results of the drug test.

Congratulations, Amethyst! Celebrate! :grin: