Goodbye Jesus

Time for church

webmdave

I've seen things almost like this, but it's still pretty unsettling. I've never seen catchers have that much of a job to try to keep up.

I know that christianity has spread like a cancer in South Korea in recent decades, but I wonder how common the variety shown in the videos is?

Satan just loves these extreme renditons of Christianity. Just like the Montanists, extreme spirituality (incited by the Old Serpent) takes the false-believer away from the true message of God; Salvation through the person Jesus Christ . . . .

Oops, sorry - flashbacks from a former life.

These expressions, including defacing and destroying icons of other faiths, (and snake-handling) shows the lengths craziness can go when people become to believe in a false and man-made religion. Everyone wants to 'feel' something and be a part of something, instead of living their lives to just be themselves.

and this behaviour is 'normal'?

OMFG. That brings back bad memories of the Pentecostal Holiness church I was so deeply involved in. Other than one time when I went up to be healed by some missionary who supposedly could see spirits and heal people, I never got involved in that hype. I wasn't really sure what to make of it at the time and never was the type to fake that kind of shit. I took a lot of flak for not speaking in tongues too. That church is where I finally became disillusioned with Christianity enough to finally shake loose from it. Boomshakalakalaka! Glory!

It reminds me how vast the problem is - is how deep the unhappiness of so many people and how 'easy' that unhappiness and struggle is to manipulate.

The last one made me cry. I don't think it was necessarily worse - just culmative I guess. The screaming girls at the end should have been at a gig with their favourite music band not in a church setting believing their emotions were something that needed exorcising.

That was as phoney as watching my grandmother on my mom's side (ass of god) talk in "tounges". she sometimes, unexpectantly, stand up (this is in her living room watching TV), start waving her hands in the air, then the fake looking convulsions... Then of course, shortly to follow, long repeated attempts at pure gibbberish that sounded a lot like:

"Oh.. shalala ma cha!... shala macha! ohhhhhh shala la la ma ca!" endlessly, over and over...

My mom would get totally pissed if I giggled or said anything "smart assed"...

me: :oohhh cha cha... cha cha...

This is exactly the crazy shit I was involved in. This was normal in prayer meetings.

This is exactly the crazy shit I was involved in. This was normal in prayer meetings.

I'm glad southpark was not around during those days too, LOL I can picture myself going "timmah! timmy! timmah lib lah lib lah timmah!"

I've never been involved in that way of life too intently, but I have never seen anything like that before. Glossalolia (or however one spells such a strange word) seems like a strange phenomenon. I wonder what a liberal Christian might call that: probably demon possession.

Glossalolia (or however one spells such a strange word) seems like a strange phenomenon. I wonder what a liberal Christian might call that: probably demon possession.

Like I've seen other times, I can still speak in tongues at will. I saw a show about Robin Williams many years ago, and he can do that too, and make it sound french, japanese, chines, german, swedish etc, but modifying the tone and melody. I suspect everyone have this ability to some degree. Basically your brain have different function centers, and the center to control speech and words is independent from the one that forms the sounds. So if you can dance or improvise on a music instrument, this is how you improvise with your speech. I assume you're a musician of some sort (since you have 12-th-root-of-2 in your avatar - you tempered geek you :grin:) and have you ever improvised on your instrument, or improvised humming or melody when you sing? If so, then you have the ability to improvise your words too.

Hmmm I may have mentioned this before but I hosted a Korean exchange student for 5 years, and in that time got to know him and his friends pretty well (ahh those kimchi munching hooligans). They were here in a christian culture exchange program, so by default they paid jeebus lip service, but after a while I found out that most of them were atheist/agnostic/apathetics of some sort and only did the program to get an education abroad. But they were definetly pretty cool and on the level, and from the conversations I had with them I got the impression that xianity aint as hot over there as we might think. But then he was from Seoul and he said that alot of city people regard it with amusement while its more serious in the country.