Goodbye Jesus

They Banned Me And Read My Private Messages

Tyson

Ok, so I stumbled into this very active site (www.city-data.com) while doing a search. Noticed they had a religious forum and one that was VERY active so I decided to step in and join. Started posting and almost immediately, one guy started with his patronizing, snide remarks and trying to determine my motive. Next up with one of the site's moderators. He started with his, "there's nothing you are going to post we have never heard before and about 20 people like you have come through here before trying to deter people's faith and blah blah blah." I just ignored them.

Then another member (who I did not know) began posting, but unlike me, an agnostic, he was a VERY eloquent Christian with a twist. He does not buy into the fairytale stories as told in the Gospels. he holds to the idea those books were in part fabricated to cater to the bias views of church leaders and that Paul, was the real inventor of Christianity. For this reason, he was viewed with suspicion and while no one said it, they were foaming at the mouth hinting to the fact he was not a true Christian.

Anyway, just about after every post, I was getting warnings. I was warned about bumping a thread to the top. I was warned for posting an innocent picture depicting how scientist start with questions and then try to determine conclusions while creationist start with beliefs and try to find so-called facts to support the beliefs. they edited out the picture. You know how make little jokes here and there that may be off subject. They warned me about that and edited out countless posts of mine where I made jokes. Here's an example:

Christian guy with sense of humor: "Wow, now I'm afraid I'm really a true Christian."

Me: Hey don't be so hard on yourself man.

They set me a private message claiming my joke was off subject.

Well here's the kicker. The Christian guy made a post within a thread stating that he has to be careful because a "MODERATOR" edited is post. Next thing he knew, he was banned from the religious forum. He sent me a "Direct Message" (they word it that way for semantic reasons to eliminate the idea of it being "private" and you will see why) to tell me what they did and I responded. He was banned completely after sending me the DM and then I was banned because of my response to him. What they did, was intercept our messages to each other and banned us based on their contents because they were disparaging to them.

You guys can check them out as my name there is TwentyFourSeven. Once you get to the site, go to the bottom where it says "Forum Archives" and then click on the "full view" to the top of the next page and then search for the Religion forum. Trust me folks, I have NEVER seen Christian folks so paranoid and trigger happy on a website that is NOT a Christian website.

Pay them a visit PLEASE.

Oh, I was able to get past their retarded ban and sign up again.

Now I'm going to terrorize them. lol I played nice and by the rules before. LOL!!!

Just kidding - I think.

I tried to go to the site and no matter what I did it kept telling me that the server can't be found.

Is there another option? Or maybe the www. is incorrect? Just let me know.

I'd have to say I am not interested in visiting that site at all!

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.

R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

M: Well, what is the cost?

R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

Pause

R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.

Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

M: Thank you.

(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

M: Well, I was told outside that...

Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

M: What?

Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!

Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.

M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.

Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.

M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.

Q: Not at all.

M: Thank You.

(Under his breath) Stupid git!!

LOL

I tried to go to the site and no matter what I did it kept telling me that the server can't be found.

Is there another option? Or maybe the www. is incorrect? Just let me know.

http://www.city-data.com/

Oh, I was able to get past their retarded ban and sign up again.

Now I'm going to terrorize them. lol I played nice and by the rules before. LOL!!!

Just kidding - I think.

Straight fixed IP ban eh? The muppets...

• Super Moderator

I had a similar situation, though technically I wasn't banned.

I belong to a few motorcycle forums, and after becoming a member of HD Forums the religious area showed itself. It seemed very active, and I thought I might have some lively, non-confrontational discussions there. I posed questions like, "Why do you think the major Christian churches and Christians in general changed their views regarding flat Earth, geocentrism, witch burnings, etc. All the verses they used to support those positions are still in the Bible, but nobody seems to believe they are valid any more. Do you think perhaps it is because scientific progress eventually made it impossible to refute such things as the fact that the Earth revolves around the Sun and not the other way around? Could that same process eventually affect views on evolution?"

Pretty harmless material, I thought. However, any direction my posts were taken in resulted in responses of either "God did it" or "Jesus is Lord." I had a few nasty responses, wasn't taken seriously for the most part, and the very paranoid moderator sent me several PMs advising me I didn't have enough posts in the other areas. It was his sandbox, and though it invited religious discussion, it was really just a born again pukefest.

I am tired of trying to communicate with brainwashed sheep. I pity them, as they surely pity me, but I'm done!

- Chris