Goodbye Jesus

I Don't Think I Can Leave...

Guest Stillhazy

Er. I just realized something.

I just can't see ever being able to leave Christianity unless I'm ready to leave my husband.

Whether or not you want to come out of the closet is up to you. But according to the definition of the religion,

if you no longer believe,

you've already left Christianity.

Welcome StillHazy!

I'm sure many of us here on the forum can sympathize with you and your situation. Many of our loved ones hearts broke when they learned the truth.

Just take heart and know you can find help here!

I know this is awful for you.

But I encourage you to be true to yourself.

Staying in a relationship and not really loving the person is not being true to oneself the same as staying in a religious situation because of another is not being honest with oneself either.

I know you love your husband, but you must be true to you to find happiness in your life. Don't live your life for somebody else... because you have but one chance.

Guest Stillhazy
I have been teaching my children to be Christians their whole lives. I can't imagine what it would be like for them if all of a sudden I'm not a believer- they have been taught that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as Lord will not go to heaven.

But kids are resilient. They probably managed to get over the whole Santa Claus thing without any major trauma, right?

Actually, we were one of those Christians who never did Santa Claus. The kids knew from an early age that he was a fable. That makes me sad now. I never got to do the Santa thing when I was little. I was raised Muslim.

That's an eclectic mix - Islam to BAC to well, whereever you're headed now :)

Guest Stillhazy
That's an eclectic mix - Islam to BAC to well, whereever you're headed now :)

Actually, that's Islam, to Catholocism (as a teenager to please my mother), dabbled in a little Occult, to BAC.

My personal decision to detach was born from alcohol addiction. I went the route of a "new start" program & then AA. These people told me I couldnt get clean myself without a higher power, ie. God. At first I bought into this mentality but I decided that it was ME & only me who was gonna take credit for this monumental undertaking! My journey away from the brainwashing started here. I only needed to educate myself a very little bit to fully leave god behind. My family has accepted the new me although no one really close to me is a real hardcore xian, they do believe in god though. Ive made my new way of thinking known to people & they respect it as much as they can. All I can do now is try to steer my wife away from poisoning my 2 daughters minds.

Leaving is easy if we dont draw alot of attention to ourselves, I think too much of a persons decision to leave or not, is influenced by what others will think. The whole point is our personal well being, what other people think is irrelevent.

MJ