Goodbye Jesus

Deceptive Claims To "Salvation by faith"

GiantBear

Often Christians that teach "Salvation by faith. Works have nothing to do with it."

Are contradicting themselves badly.

"Salvation is by faith and not works, but......

* If you would just have the discipline to read through the Bible or my various pamphlets and books by Lee Strobel, then you could have faith.

* If you would just stop being selfish and think about your children/spouse/family, then you could have faith.

* If you would just help yourself out (Heaven instead of Hell), then you could have faith.

* If you would just have the discipline to turn off the tube and pray, then you could have faith.

* If you would just be honest about the whole thing, then you could have faith.

* If you would just humble yourself, then you could have faith.

* If you would just stop loving (insert sin here), then you could have faith.

* If you were more patient with this issue, then you could have faith.

* If you would just stop hating God and give him a chance, then you could have faith.

* If you were not a control freak and would be willing to give up your plans, then you could have faith.

* If you would just stop worrying about what the crowd thinks, then you could have faith.

* If you would just acknowledge your sins, then you could have faith.

* If you would stop thinking that works justify you, then you could have faith.

* If you would just do your damn job as a camp counselor and share the gospel, then that little kid could have faith. (If you fuck up, the little kid might burn in Hell forever. Don't fuck up. You never know if God is really going to give that kid a second chance. It's up to you.)

Please add some of your own examples to the list.

Peace,

GiantBear

There are so many ways that the bible talks about being 'saved', that it isn't even funny. The funny thing though, is that if you're an honest person in pursuit of the truth about the matter (biblically speaking, of course), you will find that the bible is pretty much inconclusive about the the salvation thing.

The bible can be read in such a way that it can be proven to be impossible to get into Heaven, and it can be read in such a way that it can be proven to be impossible to get into Hell.

Faith automatically kicks in once your mind snaps from trying to correctly interpret the contradictions and all the other gibberish. Since there is no solution to the contradictions and gibberish, the mind gives up and snaps, and that is how they get the peaceth that surpasseth all understandingeth.

When their mind caves, that is salvation.

The funny thing though, is that if you're an honest person in pursuit of the truth about the matter (biblically speaking, of course), you will find that the bible is pretty much inconclusive about the the salvation thing.

Right on! For many months at the beginning of my Christian years, I was reading the heck out of the Bible and getting nowhere on the doctrine of salvation. And I was feeling like total crap. The furthest thought from my mind was that the Bible wasn't true. I just kept thinking that I needed more understanding and obedience.

Only when my "mind snapped" and I just threw myself into a certain hard-to-explain state-of-mind did I start "progressing" as a Christian.

Now I know how unhealthy that was.

Guest AscendoTuumDeus

And of course...

* If you would just stop listening to your brain and follow your Heart.