Goodbye Jesus

Kent Hovinds claim of Job 38:16 as proof

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

Job 38:16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? Or hast thou walked in the recesses of the deep?

On his Creation series tape he says that this scripture proves the bible and god because it wasn't discovered until thousands of years after this scripture that there are "springs in the sea". What is the debunk for this scripture, didn't the Egyptians already "know" this prior to the bible?

I honestly see no reason to debunk any hoover babble specifically. Someone who claims to "have taught high school science for 15 years" yet lists sonar as an electromagnetic phenomenon isn't worth any serious thought.

But I think it's not that improbable that someone came up with the idea that, since every river has a spring, maybe that really really big body of water also has one. You know, even a babble writer can accidentally score a hit. ;)

I don't know if this was pre-existing scientific knowledge, but even if it wasn't, that verse doesn't impress me.

Simple observation tells us that springs can fill up depressions creating pools, lakes, etc. It isn't much of a stretch to imagine that springs could also be adding water to the seas.

It's the selective reading that annoys me with people like this. They'll take a verse that happens to coincide with reality as proof of the bible, but then ignore the verses that say the earth is flat, or that there are windows in heaven, etc.

PS Thankful - I'm glad you decided to stay, even if it is only part-time.

But I think it's not that improbable that someone came up with the idea that, since every river has a spring, maybe that really really big body of water also has one. You know, even a babble writer can accidentally score a hit. ;)
Hovind's ocean springs has got to be the biggest case of counting the hits and ignoring the misses that I have ever seen!

Hovind's ocean springs has got to be the biggest case of counting the hits and ignoring the misses that I have ever seen!

In other words, business as usual (with hoover) :pureevil:

I honestly see no reason to debunk any hoover babble specifically. Someone who claims to "have taught high school science for 15 years" yet lists sonar as an electromagnetic phenomenon isn't worth any serious thought.

Thats what i was thinking, too. They simply assumed that the seas had springs. How many assumptions turned out incorrectly?

or that there are windows in heaven

:eek:

Is there really a verse that says that?

May I know wich verse?

Guest Challenger

It's in Malachi, 3:10

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.