Goodbye Jesus

Just For Fun

Open_Minded

I'd check that one out if I were you...

What's the likelihood of someone photographing that thing at that exact moment? :shrug:

Actually it's not that hard... you need to point your camera at the highest spot around during a thunderstorm... after that, there's a bit of luck involved, but you've mostly done the hard work....

Based on the form of lightning cuaght it looks like it was done with a photoelectric shutter trigger (notice there is no branching) For more detials on the technicalities of that see here

Not saying it's not photoshop, just saying it's consistent with technology commonly used (it's an impressive bolt for a photoshopped picture)

• 2 weeks later...

where did this happen?

Actually it's not that hard... you need to point your camera at the highest spot around during a thunderstorm... after that, there's a bit of luck involved, but you've mostly done the hard work....

Based on the form of lightning cuaght it looks like it was done with a photoelectric shutter trigger (notice there is no branching) For more detials on the technicalities of that see here

Not saying it's not photoshop, just saying it's consistent with technology commonly used (it's an impressive bolt for a photoshopped picture)

True gramps, also set apature tight, (fstop I think) and exposure long, on a tripod, you can let the shutter stay open for almost a min. Keep doing it till it picks up a strike! Also sky backgrounds are easy to delete and replace with whatever you want. ;)