one day it's gonna happen

The sun will supernova

Nukes blow us all to hell

The crumpled paper in the trash

folds into a thousand paper cranes

In the flare of heat at the end of the world

gravel will burn like straw

and the world will rewind

Don't go looking for any truly deep meaning in that, I was just rambling so I could finish the assignment. So....what do you think.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Good, I like the imagery.

Plus, how the poem is centered makes it look like a general female form like one would see on a sign for a female lavatory.

Great effort.

I enjoyed it....and like Mathgeek, liked the imagery.

It reminds me of the way a Carl Sandburg poem reads. It is an excellent read aloud poem.

These lines kept me lingering:

I'm kinda odd in my interpretation of prose/poetry. I sense the cranes as a hope for freedom by flight. But because they are paper, they can't hold the promise and are charred with the heat.

In the following lines, I see a new beginning....as after a forest fire or volcano, a purge. But if it is a rewind, perhaps it will repeat.

(Fire is a fascinating element/concept.....it destroys, yet purifies. It can harm, yet warm the body. It's passionate and if left to its own runs wild. Contained, it is our servant. That being stated your poem states heat, not necessarily fire. ;) )

Thanks for sharing shirono.

Good, I like the imagery.

Plus, how the poem is centered makes it look like a general female form like one would see on a sign for a female lavatory.

Great effort.

:lmao: I did not notice that until you pointed it out. It certainly didn't look like that when I wrote it for class. I have very messy handwriting and I just scribbled it down in a hurry so I could turn it in on time, it didn't even have a real verse structure, I had to set one up when I typed it here.

I enjoyed it....and like Mathgeek, liked the imagery.

It reminds me of the way a Carl Sandburg poem reads. It is an excellent read aloud poem.

These lines kept me lingering:

I'm kinda odd in my interpretation of prose/poetry. I sense the cranes as a hope for freedom by flight. But because they are paper, they can't hold the promise and are charred with the heat.

I suppose you could see it that way. I was referring to the popular Japanese wish that if a person folds one thousand paper cranes they will be granted one wish. For me it sort of symbolized a chance to recreate the world.

In the following lines, I see a new beginning....as after a forest fire or volcano, a purge. But if it is a rewind, perhaps it will repeat.

(Fire is a fascinating element/concept.....it destroys, yet purifies. It can harm, yet warm the body. It's passionate and if left to its own runs wild. Contained, it is our servant. That being stated your poem states heat, not necessarily fire. ;) )

Thanks for sharing shirono.

I was referring to fire, since previously I mentioned supernovas and nuclear explosions. Fire would cleanse the world as it was destroying it. kind of depressing, but sometimes it seems that's the only way to solve the problems of our world. Wipe everything out and let the universe start over.