Goodbye Jesus

Chrisitan love for Jews and dislike for Muslims

shy1680

I was just reading some discussion on christian forums about Christian views on the state of Israel and Muslims, when I thought about a few things. So thought I would bring the questions up on this board since there are some open minded people around here.

1. Why do Christian's love Jewish followers considering how it was supposed to have been Jewish leaders that led to the death of their beloved Jesus?

2. Why would Christians support a group that totally reject their Messiah but criticize the group that not only accepted J.C. as the Messiah but he is the second highest prophet in their religion?

3. Considering the theology of Judaism does not include many key beliefs of Christianity but Islam holds strong to them, why would you look down on the one that supports your beliefs?

4. Why would a Christian support Israel having a state of its own even though the bible said that if they went against God, they would loose it?

5. Why would Christians totally reject and ignore the ideas and beliefs of Islam, even though there are some topics not totally explained in the bible that the Quran actually provides answers to? Example, the different levels of Heaven that Paul touched on but never explained.

MM explained it so well it can be put in an even smaller nutshell: sibling rivalry.

Without Israel Premillennialism is down the tubes.

Very simply.  Jews are the chosen people.  Basically, most of Judaism is based on the OT, which they revere as the foundation for the NT and the word of God.  So the Jews still hold to the word of God, albeit the old word. They believe that God has a plan for the Jews still and will bring them to repentanece.  They also believe that the happenings of the Jews and the state of Israel are end-time markers and prophecy unfolding before their eyes. 

I agree it is all silly. But then it also leads me to another question, why is there a need for Christianity if God is still blessing and providing forgiveness to the Jews in the Christians opinion? To me it seems like making the Christian religion a waste of time since God doesnt seem to care that the Jews didnt follow the teachers of the N.T. So in a Christians idea of it all, God forgives the Jews and still gives them blessings, but the Jews are still going to hell because they rejected Christ, not making sense to me at all. Im happy I have given up believing in all this.

I agree it is all silly.  But then it also leads me to another question, why is there a need for Christianity if God is still blessing and providing forgiveness to the Jews in the Christians opinion? To me it seems like making the Christian religion a waste of time since God doesnt seem to care that the Jews didnt follow the teachers of the N.T.  So in a Christians idea of it all, God forgives the Jews and still gives them blessings, but the Jews are still going to hell because they rejected Christ, not making sense to me at all. Im happy I have given up believing in all this.

Because Kirk Cameron needs some way to put food on his table.

MM explained it so well it can be put in an even smaller nutshell: sibling rivalry.

Or an ongoing pissing contest. :fdevil:

1. Why do Christian's love Jewish followers considering how it was supposed to have been Jewish leaders that led to the death of their beloved Jesus?

In addition to the answers above, it should be noted, that Christians have not always supported the Jews. Acutally during most of Church history, the Jews were looked down upon for being the people who killed Jesus. And the protestant reformation did not change that. Martin Luther, for example, hated the Jews.

It is only within the last hundred years or so, that protestant churches have changed their attitutde towards the Jews.

just a thought..... could it be that with out the Jews there the "holy land" would fall in to the hands of the "infidels"??

again just a thought

Catholics changed their attitude towards the Jews due to the Holocaust, no other reason. Moderate Protestants because its PC, and xtian zionists want to see all Jews burn in WW3, so they figure the longer Israel last the sooner that'll happen, so they support it. As to Islam, it's given no reason to be "tolerated" but notice after the bombings yesterday all the politicians were trying to get Islam off the hook? They were doing it over and over again, its the same with xtianity, most xtians are Ok so the faith must be “warped” when things go wrong.

As to the true Abrahamic religion, its Judaism, hands down. None are "true" in a complete sense, but Judaism is at least true to itself, whereas Xtanity is a dishonest corruption and misrepresentation of Jewish doctrine and theology, due to if being a amalgam faith, mostly Greek in origin. When they decided to emphasis a connection with the Jewish god they twisted OT passages and ignored the fact that it clearly excludes the possibility that xtianity is right. Islam being based on xtianity is thusly also wrong.

...its the same with xtianity, most xtians are Ok so the faith must be “warped” when things go wrong...

I think we can compare that very well with using a knife. Most people use knifes for cutting beef, bread or whathaveyou, but some also cut their neighbor's throat with one. Does this make the knife or the knife-user "warped"?

The doctrines of the abrahamic madness religions is pretty much the same kind of tool. Many christians (and, yes, many muslims) accept only as much of their doctrine as is compatible with - more or less - humanist views. I may find their belief kind of silly, but as long as they harm no one, I say more power to them.

However, the scriptures of all those religions contain far too many sharp edges (you know what I mean) that can be used as weapons. All possibilities to use doctrine as a weapon, against whoever, must be eliminated. Yes, this means that the bible, the koran, and the according judaic scripture must be reformed.

Maybe the biggest problems occur when "Divine Law" is believed to trump human negotiation for human problem-solving, no matter which religionists are using the "Divine Law" club.