Goodbye Jesus

6 months later.....

Wade

well it's been about 8 months since I awoke and completely discarded xtianity. My original testimony is posted here My Testimony

I have had issues with "night terrors" for the last 15 years. I never realized what they were until I was watching a show on TV discussing the subject. I was watching these people freak out and do strange things in the sleep-semi-awake like state.... thinking....hey I do that!

I know while this was happening I was overwhelmed by intense feelings of guilt and fear.

After I finally "saw the light" and let go of religion and the idea of a punishing vengeful god....the terrors ceased.....completely!!!

I was having these 3-5 times a week!..and in one day....they were gone!!

I still have issues with depression and other problems...but they are getting better day by day. Being out of the cult has done more for my mental health than I ever thought possible.

Xtianity as far as I am concerned is evil and it is going to take awhile to get back what it took from me....but I am well on my way!!!

Wade

Good that it's better Wade. And it's nice to have you here on the site.

I felt a lot of angst and weight leaving when I finally made the step too.

It was really deliberating!

It took me some time to adjust too. There were times when I couldn't sleep, because I tried to figure things out. It was like starting a completely new life, and everything I used to believe was gone. The feeling was almost like falling into a black hole, and no ground in sight. But today, man oh man, it feeeels goood! Just as it should.

Glad to hear the night terrors are gone! I never had that, but I did have depression and MUCH anger! I came out of a cult, too. I had to completely disengage myself from any xtian beliefs before my anger and depression started to go away.

Don't worry, with time you will be fine!

Amazing!

Great news on the night terrors.

I wonder just how many disorders stem directly from the fear religion puts in our lives.

Bet it's a lot.

After I finally "saw the light" and let go of religion and the idea of a punishing vengeful god....the terrors ceased.....completely!!!

It's a miracle brotha! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Really, that's an amazing testimony. It's well known that night terror can be brought about by stress. It makes sense that once you jettison the source of that stress, they could go away.

Xtianity as far as I am concerned is evil and it is going to take awhile to get back what it took from me....but I am well on my way!!!

I grudgingly have to admit that homeopathic doses of the death cult can have a positive effect on a person... but the risk involved with any amount of overdose makes it something that you simply don't recommend to anyone unless you sincerely hate that anyone.

Anyway, good to hear that another one broke free. Welcome, take a seat while I pass you the horn of mead. :pureevil:

Welcome, Wade!

I'm pretty sure that I've seen another member talk about having night terrors some time ago, but I can't remember who it was. Hopefully, they'll notice your thread and identify themselves to you.

Loren

Wade,

Very cool development...I've been observing "nervous" or "panicky" behaviors in others, and many are obvious stress reactions and, as all of us exs know way too well, there is a huge emotional and mental strain when you're in the church (conformity, being "christlike" and the rest of that jazz). As soon as you bag it, many of these stessors go away. Glad to hear it.

:58:

Thanks for everyone comments.....::: accepts horn of mead

I guess I am somewhat surprised by the way this just "went away"...I figured it would get better over time...but I never thought it would just someday be gone

I am so gald to be free... :woohoo:

Guest fit2btied
Thanks for everyone comments.....::: accepts horn of mead

I guess I am somewhat surprised by the way this just "went away"...I figured it would get better over time...but I never thought it would just someday be gone

I am so gald to be free...  :woohoo:

:vent: wade ....you are to be sure not alone, although I've no falling -out sensations anymore, before sleep.......I get very little sleep...... 3hr topper

any suggestions? :lol: and most nights less.............help.if you can,...

for sure religion has me .fit2btied :help::help:

• 3 weeks later...

fit2btied: sorry it has took so long to respond...I have been soooo busy lately.

As far as any suggestions....well I am not sure I can help you out ...I definately still have sleep problems....my night terrors have gone away...but like you..I rarely sleep though the night....I have yet to find a soluton to this problem...other than pharmaceuticals.

I have other "issues" no doubt...but the problem of guilt is all but gone.

Feel free to e-mail me or post more here if you want to discuss this some more.