Goodbye Jesus

The Flesh Became Words And Made Their Dwelling Among Us

Guest The One Inside The Zero

One of the names of Jesus is the "Word of God" which is also a name given to the Bible. If you look at the Bible as a kind of "Word Body" you will start to see what is meant by Jesus coming in the likeness of sinful flesh. The Bible is in the likeness of sinful flesh by the way it was written. Continueing on this "Word Body" type of understanding the Church has been called the "BODY" of Christ. There are 7 churches in Revelations that make up his flesh or body just as there are 7 layers of skin in our human bodies. When Christ talks about eating his flesh and drinking his blood he's not talking about eating crackers and drinking cool aid he is referring to breaking down the words until the truth emerges. (This is hard to explain. The best expanation I have found on how to do this is on this web site embracingthecontradiction.org.) What I am trying to illude to in my writing her is that the truth in the Bible is veiled in a lie like these verse point out, "If the truth of god hath more abounded through my LIE..."; "And even if our gospel is veiled..." The lie and the truth are side by side in the Bible. I have more to say on all this but I will cut it short and see if anyone want to have a discussion about this. I will end with this...The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

What ever helps you cope. The word is "alludes" not illudes. Have you considered this in context of the development of the Scripture and the original languages and cultures of the time?

This sounds a lot like mental gymnastics to pass over the spotty parts of your faith. But all that aside, I'm not opposed to discussing this further. You'll have to forgive my manner, but I've heard things like this before and they don't stand up under scrutiny.

TheOneInside, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Could you please give me your take on this?

"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her, those who lay hold of her will be blessed." Proverbs 3:13 - 18

I will end with this...The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

I would expect a little more clarity from a God who isn't supposed to be the author of confusion...unless the Father-of-lies is responsible for the holy bookness...

So "one inside the zero",

what is your advice? Should we study the bible harder? Should we start "find the real meaning behind the shit" meetings on wednesday nights? I thought that god would try to save the "simple" people and would reject the "wise" ones.

You could start a new church movement. Maybe the "we know the real truth church" or "we will find meaning in nothing congregation". You will find some kind of meaning in anything (As a social worke I know how to write an exiting report about dog shit. You would be surprised how much meaning you can find in this tiny brown thing.)

So again my question: What is your advice?

The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

Sounds like you are starting to doubt this cult/religion. Good for you, but you are not quite there yet. Do some more research into it's history and you will find that not only the "buybull" is total fiction, but the entire religion, which is based on the book, is ALSO total fiction.

Keep reading and posting here, you will get there.

;)

I will end with this...The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

I would expect a little more clarity from a God who isn't supposed to be the author of confusion...unless the Father-of-lies is responsible for the holy bookness...

Thats a good point. Remember this is supposed to be communicating essential soul saving info. Benevolence is called into question when it all becomes some hidden riddle you try to understand through today's culture. Its more like the Saw movies when you put it that way...

What I am trying to illude to in my writing her is that the truth in the Bible is veiled in a lie like these verse point out, "If the truth of god hath more abounded through my LIE..."; "And even if our gospel is veiled..." The lie and the truth are side by side in the Bible. I have more to say on all this but I will cut it short and see if anyone want to have a discussion about this. I will end with this...The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

What kind of god is it that he veils the truth (his word) by putting lies right beside it? Indeed, why can't it be clear and not misleading? For myself, I don't see the need in putting in the effort to separate the lies from the truth. It is plainly a flawed, contradictory work of men and not "god's word".

I think the Lion's Den is a more appropriate spot for this.

• Super Moderator

Once you discover that the Bible doesn't make sense, and that it contains misinformation - that should be enough! What do you need, a burning bush?

- Chris

Isn't it fascinating, all the different ways of excusing the Bible. Now, the answer to all the contradictions and errors, "it's supposed to be so", and "God lies to tell you the truth". Well, does this mean that Satan is telling the truth to tell us lies? Where does it end? How obvious it is that white has been made black, and black has been made white, and no one knows the truth anymore? How far down the rabbit hole before you wake up from your fantasy?

Try Bro Jeff's christianityisbs.com or evilbible.com. There's as many xtian intrepretations of that piece of crap as there are assholes in the world. Do you qualify?

• Super Moderator
Try Bro Jeff's bibleisbs.com or evilbible.com. There's as many xtian intrepretations of that piece of crap as there are assholes in the world. Do you qualify?

Regarding you previous post, Par4, you are certainly ready to do battle when you "come out" in the midst of the Babble Belt. Just watch your health. You rock.

- Chris

What ever helps you cope. The word is "alludes" not illudes. Have you considered this in context of the development of the Scripture and the original languages and cultures of the time?

This sounds a lot like mental gymnastics to pass over the spotty parts of your faith. But all that aside, I'm not opposed to discussing this further. You'll have to forgive my manner, but I've heard things like this before and they don't stand up under scrutiny.

Thanks for your reply. This type of understanding or mental gymnastics does help me cope with my former belief in Christianty. I want to say that I in no way claim to have the truth or am about to start a new religion. I only want to share my ideas and those I have heard with others like myself who might find it interesting or helpful. I enjoy different ways of looking at things and sharing new ideas. To answer your question I don't put alot of faith in the context of the scriptures anymore and feel time is just an illusion. I believe context and time are ways in which the truth hides from us. The Bible to me is like a puzzle thrown into the wind but all the pieces are there to put back together again. Like this verse says "rightly DIVIDING the word of truth".

I will write more when I have some more time. Take care!

What I am trying to illude to in my writing her is that the truth in the Bible is veiled in a lie like these verse point out, "If the truth of god hath more abounded through my LIE..."; "And even if our gospel is veiled..." The lie and the truth are side by side in the Bible. I have more to say on all this but I will cut it short and see if anyone want to have a discussion about this. I will end with this...The word of God is misleading; its context is deceiving but read between the LInES and there you find the meaning. Out of darkness shines the light. Out of the lie comes the truth.

What kind of god is it that he veils the truth (his word) by putting lies right beside it? Indeed, why can't it be clear and not misleading? For myself, I don't see the need in putting in the effort to separate the lies from the truth. It is plainly a flawed, contradictory work of men and not "god's word".

I think the Lion's Den is a more appropriate spot for this.

I have like zero seconds to reply to this post right now but thought you might find the following interesting:

God lied to us that we would seek the truth

He made hell eternal that we might have forever to deliver ourselves from it

I reply to this a little later. For now have a nice day.

Well alrighty then, present away. I'm all ears.

Man, I am just letting you know that you are on my radar. I see no indication here that you recognize that this is your perception. I suspect that a few "in my views" would alleviate my concerns for you.

The1in0,

I would recommend you to read Joseph Campbell, or watch a DVD with him. I know Campbell is hated by some members on this forum, but even so, the material he writes and talks about, is the myths. What you are describing is the idea of myths. That we can't transcend our senses of this world, unless we have a transcendent experience, which only can come through being devoured in a myth; a myth taking you on a journey together with the character in the story. Basically, Myth is a tool, a guide, a road sign, that points you in the direction where you're supposed to go.

I have like zero seconds to reply to this post right now but thought you might find the following interesting:

I reply to this a little later. For now have a nice day.

I hope you have a nice day. I would appreciate your coming back when you have time with a further explanation. It is interesting but rather unintelligible.

God lied to us - that's nice.

Also, how do you square this statement:

To answer your question I don't put alot of faith in the context of the scriptures anymore and feel time is just an illusion.

With "he made hell eternal that we might have forever to deliver ourselves from it" ?

I still don´t get it.

What do you expect to find inside the bible?

God? Some explanation for your life? Help to cope with your life? What are you looking for? I can understand your need for some kind of truth and I do not expect you to start a new religion (I was just sarcastic, that was not against you personally). What I have read so far sounds more like the fear that the bible could just be human. How strong did you build up your life on the bible during the last years? As a xian I thought, that I would find all the important answers in this book, but now I know, that the bible is not a place where you will find the truth.

So what do you expect to find in this book? Or are you actually trying to create your own version of this infallible book? Some that match with your expectations of god?

When your question is a real question, than you are on a weird journey with no terminus. When your question is just made up to keep you away from looking for the truth (no god, no holy spirit who inspired the bible), than the solution is not to study the bible for the next 100 years.

Why do you search the bible for the truth? What do you expect to find?

(Maybe I just do not understand your problem. That happens often ;))

It would appears to be the usual Rorschachery...

Somethin' tells me that this thread doesn't belong in this section of the forum. If enough people agree (umm... let's say, 3 or more), I'll move it to the Den.

I agree.

I'd hold off and see where it goes for a little longer...

I'd hold off and see where it goes for a little longer...

From where I am sitting people have already begun to rip into him and he's spouting essentially Christian theism. Why not move it to the Den?

Try Bro Jeff's bibleisbs.com or evilbible.com. There's as many xtian intrepretations of that piece of crap as there are assholes in the world. Do you qualify?

Regarding you previous post, Par4, you are certainly ready to do battle when you "come out" in the midst of the Babble Belt. Just watch your health. You rock.

- Chris

Thanks Chris!

Ok, bible boy, i'm typing slowly so you can read this. The bible is a collection of myths, fairy tales, and a laughably funny view of how people in the pre-scientific past saw the world. Mildly interesting for historical comparison, but beyond that, total bullshit from cover to cover (especially the last book, man, I wish I had some of what that dude was on.)

Since I dismiss outright any argument that uses aforementioned bible as a reference, got anything else?

I thought not.